Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you think about a own composition section?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

What you think about a own composition section? Empty
PostSubject: What you think about a own composition section?   What you think about a own composition section? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 5:11 pm

The last time i come often across with many many composition figure brands. I think there are really many different brands from Europe an the figures was a long time the major figures in the animal toy figure world. So in my opinion a own section could be interesting.

And there are also many collectors especially for this kind of figures.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: What you think about a own composition section?   What you think about a own composition section? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 7:41 pm

For the moment, I don't collect them but why not?.. :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: What you think about a own composition section?   What you think about a own composition section? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 8:09 pm

I don't agree. I understand your point Andreas but I think it would add more confusion on STS.
We build all our forum around companies, "majors", "Moderns", "Japanese" and "Vintage".

I am a composition animal long time collector as you know, where should I put a topic aboutr a,hausser elephant ? In the Hausser section ? In a Composition section ?
Composition toys companies were "majors" in some countries but not in France, UK, USA or Argentina. So do we have to open also a "hollowcast lead" section ?

Opening more and more sections won't help us and opening "material" sections would break STS logic.
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: What you think about a own composition section?   What you think about a own composition section? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 8:35 pm

Andreas, I understand what you are saying because when one enters the world of composition figures, one can feel overwhelmed... It is exceedingly unknown beyond Lineol, Elastolin and Marolin.
And I'm not talking about the elusive Chialu, Nardi, Neoform or Durso.... But there are wonderful brands  that are a complete unknown... Strola, Figir, Rovello... not to mention the Erzgebirge figures (the velvety ones) or the so-called "Putz"...
There are companies of which only 5 or 10 figures are known, maybe we should open a topic for "compo figures: rarities"...
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What you think about a own composition section?   What you think about a own composition section? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 8:39 pm

Then we should open a plastic rarities and metal rarities and who could decide what is a rarity or not ?
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: What you think about a own composition section?   What you think about a own composition section? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 8:55 pm

Rarities end up as "unknown brands" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ... I wish a theme could be made for Figir, another for Strola, another for Danolin.... It would be a good sign because it would mean that the wonderful compo figures are given their place.

Christophe, for example, how many figures do you know of the brand of your Friedel rhinoceros? Have only 3 or 4 species of wild animals of this brand been manufactured or there are about twenty and we do not know them?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What you think about a own composition section?   What you think about a own composition section? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 7:05 am

I also wish collectors would open new topics about unknown brands or figures. We don’t need new sections to do this, we only need collectors.
I didn’t wait for a Friedl section to open a Friedl rhino topic.
How does it work now on STS ? For exemple why PNSO have a section ? At dawn, PNSO had one topic opened in 2015, it was in the ”Unclassified modern companies” section, then a few months later, more collectors opened topics, reviews and walkarounds. We decided then to open a PNSO section to group the different topics.
If you want to talk about Strola or Chialù, you will have to do this , open a topic, a review because nobody else will do the job, I have no Strola or Chuilù at home. It is the same for Spanish and Italian brands, we need reviews, topics made by collectors. study

We are only a few members here who hunt in these unexplored lands. Most of the vintage collectors aren’t on STS. Why ? Because French collectors are searching for French vintage stuff only, English are searching for English vintage stuff only, German… Rolling Eyes

STS was at it’s birth a makeshift raft for a few friends who were passionate about animal figurines. We wanted to build a warm place, our own, to share our joys and our knowledge.

We built STS like we built a trap. At the time, most collectors were Schleich fans. There were a few of us who were more than that and we wanted to open the doors to the vast universe of animal toys: The brands of the past, the lesser known modern brands and the whole Japanese continent. That was my goal and still is. Laughing

We succeed, Kaiyodo, Colorata are now very well known on STS and I spread the Starlux or Clairet plague among most of my good friends Laughing

We could change the vintage section like that: Well known brands like in the other sections + Other vintage composition brands + Other vintage Lead and alu brands + Other vintage plastic brands.

Maybe it would be an improvement, but the main problem is to add more topics in the section and you could do a great job on this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: What you think about a own composition section?   What you think about a own composition section? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 9:30 am

I understand what you are saying Christophe. Fortunately there is this forum that has connected many of us who otherwise would never have met!
I'm sure, moreover, that even if you don't have figures of some of these rare brands you do have valuable knowledge that you can contribute into words about them!
We will work on this topic then! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What you think about a own composition section?   What you think about a own composition section? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 6:03 pm

Thank you so much :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you think about a own composition section?   What you think about a own composition section? Empty

Back to top Go down

What you think about a own composition section?
Page 1 of 1