Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!

Go down 
+16
Caracal
Loon
RtasVadumee
George
Bonnie
costicuba
Joliezac
Kikimalou
Birdsage
spacelab
landrover
SUSANNE
Advicot
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Roger
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 8:04 pm

Thanks so much for the comparison, Roger. I didn't even consider the possibility of this becoming a spotted leopard, so that's exciting. Especially since I think it does do quite a few things better than CollectA's, which can look a little unnatural in places. I may have to check this one out now, as I've been looking for a good black panther.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 8:17 pm

I haven't bought yet the CollectA leopard and I guess I won't. Your pics and explanations conviinced me that the Safari ltd is far more appealing to me. This is something I didn't notice yet so thank you for the good work Wink .
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 12:59 pm

I am glad my panther pictures are useful to help you deciding, let's see how the spotted version will turn if Safari releases it. Probably we will know it soon. More wildlife figures will be presented soon among my arrivals, now a few dogs.

Before receiving the figures previously presented, I bought a few New-Ray My Best Friends Dogs.
Yvette linked me to an online seller and these figures are quite affordable considering their quality.
My goal was to get the Doberman and the Boxer. Two breeds with some meaning in my personal life.
As those are sold in sets, I needed to get a few more, some found a new owner and I adopted the Rotweiller. The Stafordshire bull terrier also ended here but if anyone wants it, just let me know.
As you can see below, it is fun to compare the New-Ray 1:12 scale Boxer with the current CollectA.New-Ray is a 2008 model, contrarily to the CollectA model, the New-Ray has the traditional cropped ears and docked tail. Naturally I favour the CollectA rendition but these New-Ray dogs are of a very respectable quality, they all share the same sculpt style what gives consistency to this wonderful and affordable series of dog models.

New-Ray Doberman
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

New-Ray Rotweiller

New-Ray Stafordshire Terrier

New-Ray and CollectA Boxers

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 2:23 pm

The New Ray dogs, I was waiting for this one! cheers Very Happy bounce
It's really interesting that you chose the Dobermann and the Boxer, both lovely breeds and wonderful models! Very Happy And it's lovely that the staffie and rottie joined you too! Very Happy The dobermann looks very proud and elegant with that pose- the rottweiler looks really well made too, the proportions look really nice in that photo, and as I have said before about these dogs, so does all the detail of the fur and muscles! cheers And the staffie is fantastic, I have this model too and the side profile especially has been done really well!
The comparisons were also really useful to see, wow that CollectA model really is amazing- the New Ray dog is a wonderful model, and so it just shows how amazing the CollectA is to look so much better in a single photo! cheers They actually look quite different too, even though they are at the same scale- it's surprising how much difference cropped ears can make! The CollectA boxer is so perfect and so much like the real breed that it highlights the imperfections of the New Ray dog, things that I might not have noticed if it weren't for the CollectA model to compare to! study
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 6:25 pm

I really like the new ray dogs, the paint is really all that lacks in most of the moulds. The staffie is one I haven't grabbed yet but it looks very handsome, as they all do, in your photos. Congrats my friend!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 8:20 pm

Thank you for the useful leopards comparison pictures. I feared the Safari black one beeing too big but no and I think I shall order it! :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 9:53 pm

Nice new stuff :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 2:42 am

The last photo is marvellus , congrats my friend,

cheers cheers cheers

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 1:09 pm

Lovely additions,congrats!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 12:06 am

Thanks everyone!
As I needed to take some elephant pictures, I used the chance to show two elephant models I received this year.
Those are surely the most exciting models I received in 2021 even if I could mention a few others I still have to show.
One of them is this superb eoFauna straight-tusked elephant i received as a gift from our Bulgarian friend Kosta. Yes, it is not a cheap model and I still have to show other gifts from this incredibly generous friend.
If you want to see how beautiful this model is, just check [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It is massive as it is supposed for this extinct species. Those are closely related with the extant elephants so similarities are evident. though, EoFauna got the correct features with a precision and detail absolutely unbeatable. cheers

The other is a monumental piece, one of those figures I would never believe I could get if it was not the ability of Yvette to find these masterpieces for affordable prices for her friends.
Oh, i got so nervous picturing it! affraid This is a IV generation Lineol from 1940. Thus, a 80 years old figure. I am not even able of telling how much I love it. It is so impressive how the sculptor got everything so correctly, I think it is the bennefict from sculpting through direct observation in a zoo instead of using pictures as reference.
i also got a macaque from Yvette that I will show later. monkey

Here with the Bullyland model.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 12:18 am

🤗 wonderful gifts my friend, I’m so happy you have these two beauties. The Eofauna is just magnificent, it is a pleasure to look at it but also to have it in hands, it is heavy you can feel it’s strength. I’m so glad Santa Kosta thought about you.
What to tell about the old Lineol, still for me the king of all. It’s great to know there is one in your collection now, Yvette knows how to find the best place for thé best models.
I’m happy because I know your joy and emotions about these elephants.
You made my day Rogério, thank you 😊
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 12:57 am

Congrats on the beautiful elephants! I purchased three figures from Eofuana this past spring: The straight-tusked mammoth, the giganotosaurus, and the steppe mammoth. I expected to be most excited for the mammoth or giga, but the elephant was my favorite! It is so beautifully sculpted and nice and heavy! Great additions Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 5:25 am

Generation's of elephants :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 8:17 am

It's clear in Kosta walkaround how perfect and detailed the eoFauna is, but to me that Lineol model is the attraction of all these elephants we saw here and to the other recent thread. He definitely "steals" the show with his nostalgic kind of beauty.

This model has survived a world war. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 8:31 am

spacelab wrote:

Indeed, and without losing a tusk Laughing
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 2:01 pm

Very Happy Two mastodonts and masterpieces! cheers cheers and the Lineol elephant cannot feel ashame about tusks! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 3:22 pm

Wow, such impressive beautiful, realistic elephants! cheers So, so kind of Kosta, that Eofaina model is really impressive and I'm sure has a wonderful home now with someone who loves it so much! Very Happy And that Lineol model, wow, 80 years old! affraid So special, and hurray for Yvette for helping you with this one! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 6:13 pm

Thanks everyone, now I have another elephant to share. Laughing

Kikimalou wrote:
🤗 wonderful gifts my friend, I’m so happy you have these two beauties. The Eofauna is just magnificent, it is a pleasure to look at it but also to have it in hands, it is heavy you can feel it’s strength. I’m so glad Santa Kosta thought about you.
What to tell about the old Lineol, still for me the king of all. It’s great to know there is one in your collection now, Yvette knows how to find the best place for thé best models.
I’m happy because I know your joy and emotions about these elephants.
You made my day Rogério, thank you 😊

I dreamed with the Lineol elephant since the first time I've seen it in your collection. You have a special good taste for this kind of figures.
Dreamed because it was never in my wish list, it belonged to the utopic wish list.
With the good friends of this forum, utopia gained a different meaning and now I can enjoy this kind on figures.
I agree the Lineol IV is still the king. I think we are witnessing an improvemente, especially in proportions, among major brand elephants. Let's see how the new Mojo looks like.
Though, I haven't seen one as perfect as the Lineol IV. Major brands could find inspiration on this model and give to it a more detailed texture and obviously a finish quality according with the current standards. However, it is not only the good sculpt, having it in hands is something quite unexplainable. I have a museum piece, something that represents the legacy of an era with a spectacular design and it is a feeling quite distinct from having a good looking toy.

Joliezac wrote:
Congrats on the beautiful elephants! I purchased three figures from Eofuana this past spring: The straight-tusked mammoth, the giganotosaurus, and the steppe mammoth. I expected to be most excited for the mammoth or giga, but the elephant was my favorite! It is so beautifully sculpted and nice and heavy! Great additions Laughing

Interesting, I am not considering their dinosaurs even if I recognize they are very good. though, I was considering to get, someday, one of the other proboscidians. Deinotherium is something more appealing to me but I confess I am not as excited about it as I was with the straight-tusked elephant. Steppe mammoth is probably a better option, I still don't know. scratch

Kikimalou wrote:
spacelab wrote:

Indeed, and without losing a tusk Laughing

Those are not tusk, they're rockets. As you know, Treaty of Versailles obliged Germany to find alternative ways to develope weapons in a clandestine way. All industry was moved to military manufacturing. Thus, they needed to disguise their weapons. If you check closely the way this elephant is posed, and the size of the tusks, you can see clearly that it is a rockets launcher. It is easy, to operate, you just have to strecht the tail and... bom
... OK, now you know what happened whenever you find a Lineol elephant without tusks. affraid

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 3:18 pm

Really nice models all around. I completely agree with your description of that Lineol elephant. This is of course my first time hearing of it, but I can see why you had it on a dream list for so long. Congrats on finally getting it! Really a museum piece, just as you said.

I really like the New Ray dogs, too! I like their Best Friends line, especially the cats. Your point about the cropped ears/tail is a good one. It's interesting to see the un-cropped Boxer tail model. It would be wonderful if more brands took that approach, and made it more common to see. I know the laws about it are different in the states than in many other countries, sadly, and we still see a lot of cropping. Having toys with natural features could maybe encourage a new generation to expect dogs to look like they should.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 3:32 pm

Congratulations Roger! Those are some very fine new elephants! Amazing gifts indeed! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2021 3:27 am

These elephants are very nice.

The Eofauna is my favorite. I want it but it is very expensive.

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2021 11:46 am

Stunning elephants!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2021 4:59 am

Very good point, Jill.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 4:32 am

I am very happy , that you like the straight-tusked elephant. It is for sure one of the best Eofauna models, although for me, every one of the Eofauna models is the best Laughing
But more happy I am, that now you have this iconic and so beautiful Lineol Elephant ! cheers
Big hurray for Yvette cheers
And huge congratulations dear Roger ! sunny

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!   Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roger's 2021 Arrivals!!! Monumental elephants!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2