Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MOJO in Peru

Go down 
+19
baltimore zoo
landrover
Ana
Wildheart
Philter4
SyLoBe
remrock02
lucky luke
aandmkw
Lasersword1973
Kikimalou
ken yeo
Sergey
Roger
MartinH
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
skysthelimit
atabini
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

MOJO in Peru - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:16 pm

Thanks again Allejandro! Very Happy
From the cow breeds, the bulls are the best, the tigers are reasonable... Rolling Eyes

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:21 pm

And more nice pics of the new Mojo models! cheers
The stag has strange legs though..., and is it ment to be a white-tail or a red deer, as for the other 2 the same.
The ram of both sheep breeds are very nice indeed! :)

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:37 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
And more nice pics of the new Mojo models! cheers
The stag has strange legs though..., and is it ment to be a white-tail or a red deer, as for the other 2 the same.
The ram of both sheep breeds are very nice indeed! :)

I agree and share your feelings! :reindeer:
When I received the catalogue I thought it was red deer but the catalogue says white tailed deer. Unfortunately the stag is not one of my favourites from Mojo and that's a shame since I decided to buy some deers for my collection and I really don't like many in the market.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:39 pm

Rogerio and Mihnea:
I can completely understand why you are reacting this way(both), but like people said here, Mojo is new on the market, and even the older brands still make big mistakes in modelling and painting, and for the time mojo is producing, they are not doing bad at all as far as i saw the model-lines.

I think really nobody on the world, not even the most known paleontologists can say which colour most of the dino's and their ancestors had! Shocked
There are just not enough examples and fossiles that came with patches of skin, and even then, is is hard to say after so many millions of years.
Because of the modern science, and what they know today, they can say how probably the outher contours did look, because they have the sceletons, and comparing them with modern animals, speak reptiles... Rolling Eyes
So as long as was nobody there in that particular time, with a time-machine or so, it all will be a big guess, even when some people won't never admitt that! Wink

But ok ,lets give Mojo a big chance, as Schleich is the oldest manufacturer of the modern animal lines, and by far not the best in many many cases!
The fact, that a very new brands like Mojo, and somewhat older Papo, can even reach to the crown, or even have it, must let the designers and marketing people of Schleich think a little bit more about their marketing and sculptering! Cool

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:46 pm

Only a friendly discussion! Very Happy Very Happy I am a fan of Mihnea! Half my age and with a much superior knowledge about dinos than me! cheers
I was not trying to explain anything about prehistoric figures! Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:47 pm

Great pics and figurines Allejandro, thanks!
I like the adult zebra, but ok, but they belong to my favourite animals, and it remembers me of some other models.
The tiger is ok, but he could be better, but at least he is better than the white ones, because this colouration does let them look better. Laughing

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:59 pm

Another very big group of new and sometimes great figurines, thanks Allejandro!

The African elephant seems to be a hard model to make really good, and in the right proportions as Christophe mentioned already...
The panter and leopard look quit good, but the way the spots are painted is definatly not good! Laughing
Like Mihnea said somewhere else in these treads about Mojo, many almost exact copies of Schleich for example, which will happen anyway...
For me the best are the beaver, skunk and mute swan in this group, the hyena is not bad either, although he needs to fill up a little... Rolling Eyes

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:07 am

I know, i know Rogerio, and Mihnea is the future in our collecting world, with probably much more knowledge then some of us in certain fields indeed!

But I wanted to explain that really nobody can say how a dino must look in colouration(besides a few cases...), not even the biggest scientists! farao

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:09 am

I think, many deers stand or die by the way how the antlers are made...
And as we know, there are savety regulations for children... Rolling Eyes

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:48 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I know, i know Rogerio, and Mihnea is the future in our collecting world, with probably much more knowledge then some of us in certain fields indeed!

But I wanted to explain that really nobody can say how a dino must look in colouration(besides a few cases...), not even the biggest scientists! farao

Of course Willy! farao
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:54 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I think, many deers stand or die by the way how the antlers are made...
And as we know, there are savety regulations for children... Rolling Eyes

Yah! That is the reason why they have strong legs! Laughing :reindeer:
Anyway I think the antlers layout is atypic, it happens but in doubt it is better to make in the usual way... scratch :reindeer:
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:01 am

Wink

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:03 am

Yeah, or something like that, haha. geek

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:50 am

Sergey, I only need numbers 1 and 2 from your list!
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 10:56 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Sergey, I only need numbers 1 and 2 from your list!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ...Oh Balti - our perfectionist!! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 7:48 pm

The CEO's of Papo and Safari can thank ME for their vacation to Hawaii, since I'm helping fund it...
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 10:30 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
The CEO's of Papo and Safari can thank ME for their vacation to Hawaii, since I'm helping fund it...

You are a good person Laughing cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 2:25 am

When that is really true, they should thank you indeed! cheers

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 7:20 am

Yes, I think in between sipping mai tai's on a dreamy Oahu sandy beach, they should say thanks to a good customer like me : )
Maybe the others(Schleich, Mojo, and CollectA CEO's) can watch a video on youtube of a tropical beach and wish I had helped pay for their vacations...
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:40 am

Polar bears have now been added to my never ending list Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 6:17 pm

As long as they put out quality animal figures, I will continue making the owners of Papo and Schleich rich!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:22 am

I am funding all of those people and much more brands since i was 6 years old, and that is almost 43 years ago, how many vacations are that? Rolling Eyes Laughing geek
And i didn't have an orderly vacation since 1999, can i have some percentages please? cheers

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:50 am

OOPS, I meant Papo and Safari(Not Schleich)!
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

Country/State : USA Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 8:26 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
So first of all I don't like the "cute touch of the figures" of the Schleich and Bullyland.
Yes, a few of the Papo figures are not quite up to par(as mentioned the lynx, zebras, chimps, roaring lion and tigress). However, if you look at how dromedary camels chewing their food(facial expression), the Papo version is a fine representative. If you really don't like them, position them from the left side, and you don't see the "smiling/chewing mouth" as much. As far as the jaguar, which to me is more representative of a smaller female, is a nice figure, but yes, it could have a slightly bigger jaw(Since Jags are the "American Pit Bull Terrier's" of the big cat world(with those strong jaws).
I strongly disagree with you that the Mojo lion is better than the Papo King of the Jungle lion!
As far as Papo having a long way to go, well their lioness figure is better than any Schleich figure ever produced!
I realize there are many styles of figures, but I'll stick with Papo and Safari ltd. and you can enjoy your cute Schleich, Bullyland, Mojo or what ever your heart desires!

I have to agree with Roger on the Jaguar. The Papo Jaguar is very wrong in a few areas. It's head is way to small and incorrectly shaped, especially the jaw area.  It's tail is way to long for a Jaguar.  It does not have the overall stocky, barrel body look that Jaguars have.  The Schleich Jaguar is much, much more accurate than the Papo figurine of this cat.

Last edited by smilodoncalifornicus on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:14 am

Y las vacas?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOJO in Peru   MOJO in Peru - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

MOJO in Peru
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6