Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021

Go down 
+8
rogerpgvg
Caracal
Bonnie
George
Jill
sunny
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 Empty
PostSubject: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 5:51 pm

I am going to go through my collection of dog breeds and put them all up alphabetically so lets start...........
Afghan hound
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

AKita(American Akita)

Airedale Terrier

Australian Shepherd

Australian cattle dog

American Cocker Spaniel

American Staffordshire Terrier

Alaskan Malemute

Border Collie

Last edited by Taos on Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 7:29 pm

EXCELLENT topic! I can think of another member who iz going to go bananas when they see it... Cool really great collection so far!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 1:32 am

wow! so many dogs and you're just starting the Bs Very Happy

I love that first pic of the orange afghan with the curly tail
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 3:33 pm

Love this topic idea. cheers I am pretty amazed really with how many afghan hound models are made, they always seem to be in the vintage mixes at least. I didn't realize they were a popular enough breed to have so many representations out there.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 4:12 pm

A really good idea to go through and photograph them breed by breed, it's interesting to see the brands mixed together, and how they compare.

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2021 10:52 pm

Paige is certainly right! Cool Laughing geek
I was waiting for you to show all your dogs, I can tell that you have a wonderful collection and I was just so excited when I spotted this topic title! cheers An A-Z tour of your dogs, would could be better? Very Happy And I hope you don't mind, but I might have quite a few questions along the way... I always try to find out as much about dog figures as possible! bounce What a great collection of Afghans, the CollectA is obviously the highlight but there are some other really interesting models too- do you know the brand of the lovely model far right in the first photo? She's lovely, I almost feel as though I recognise it but can't quite put my finger on it... and the pencil topper one, that set is great! Very Happy Do you know what brand that other red Afghan is, never seen this pup before! ;D Great Akitas ( it's nice to see how you have separated these ones as American Akitas Very Happy) and what a fantastic selection of Airedales! These terriers are lovely dogs, I've always really loved the Schleich model! Congrats on the Breyer Aussie, that is a real treasure as is the TM American cocker, and we were so lucky that CollectA brought out an Amstaff! With the letter B comes Border collies, one of my favourite breeds so I loved looking through your collection! You have an amazing array of the Britains models and that ELC is another highlight, really nicely made! Very Happy MEG made some really sweet pups with balls, and the Safari collie is one of my favourites, such a wonderful pose and full of that alert collie intelligence! cheers
Only A&B but already such a wonderful dog collection!! sunny This is going to be such a fun tour, can't wait to see more of your dogs and I would love to see your dogs made of materials other than plastic if you ever get round to it as you go through the breeds! bounce cheers Thank you for this topic! Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2021 12:03 am

Very Happy Thank you for this biginning "toy dog wiki" Taos! cheers cheers

So many Border collies!  drunken

Last edited by Caracal on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2021 5:33 pm

Thank you all for your encouraging and kind words. Smile
Bonnie-the little Afghan on the right is a Safari toob model.The bright orange Afghan is made of rubber and sadly I can remember who made it.I have a few more dog breeds from the same set.Someone helped me on the forum in the past identifying the marker but I forgot to change it on my records. Sad Sad .Bonnie,please feel free to ask as many questions as you want! Smile
so some more doggies!
Border collies

Boston Terrier

Bloodhound

Briard

Basset hound

Beagle

Brittany Spaniel

British Bulldog

Bernese Mountain dog-The grey and white model is Puppy in my pocket who have it as a Bernese Mountain dog!

Boxer

Bull Terrier-I'm not convinced that the New Ray red/white dog is a Bull terrier-its marked as this but think it looks more like an American Staffordshire terrier and also think the same of the cream/white Funrise model.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2021 5:44 pm

This is a very good way for me to learn about dog breeds. Great collection!

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2021 6:11 pm

Hurray, another amazing selection of dogs- I didn't realise your collection was this big! Laughing cheers Firstly thanks so much for answering my questions, hopefully I'll be able to find out the brand of the red Afghan before long! But the Afghan to the right, a Safari toob model??! Shocked Shocked bounce Wow, I thought I knew all the dogs from their toobs- is there another dog toob I don't know about? study Or is it from another toob? I'd be so so interested to know! Very Happy
More BCs and what a lovely little Breyer pup! cheers There are some fantastic Bostons out there and that Kaiyodo is definitely a highlight, the Bostie on the left is nice, is it a hood hound as it looks like that style? Very Happy I love how MEG gave us a briard and what a great Basset collection! I love the Schleich version, I always think his face is full of character and captures the Basset personality well! I'm guessing the little one on the right of the first photo is a Hood hound too? Very Happy
Beagles! cheers I saw the gorgeous Safari model, and then I saw. The Super Beagle!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Wow, what a treasure, what a special rarity, how wonderful it must feel to have this dog! cheers I would just love to know anything you can tell me about when and where you bought it, and whether it was that expensive or not as I'm always trying to work out what the likelihood is of it coming up for sale and where it is most likely to be found! I check for this model and the supe St. Bernard almost every day, I guess that is the life of a collector! Laughing geek Beautiful picture, I don't think I've been so excited looking at a group of beagles! Laughing
I adore that Papo brittany and loved looking through your bulldogs too, those 3D puzzle dogs really are so nice. Is the bulldog right of the second photos also a hood hound (Sorry, so many hood hound questions!) And the Kaiyodo is so nice too, I always find it such a shame that these Kaiyodo dogs aren't more easily available in the UK! And such a lovely metal/ lead bulldog, really gives an insight into the history of this breed! I've always loved that CollectA BMD, and what a superb Boxer collection, I'm sure the CollectA masterpiece will join it before long! It's amazing that you have that rare brown and white Schleich boxer, such a rarity now and so expensive too! Lots of dogs I don't know here, do you know the brand of the beautiful bigger one at the back of the first photo? And the orange one to the left and lying vintage looking one at the front? And I hope it is ok if I ask another question, the brown one to the left of the second photo? Thank you so much in advance! Very Happy And to finish what a fantastic bull terrier collection, there are many nice models of this breed out there such as that Papo- and another Kaiyodo, it's nice to see the variety in brands! cheers I'd agree about the two you mentioned, especially the New Ray model, they definitely look more like American Staffordshires! Sorry for so many questions again and I hope it is ok if I save some of the photos with the unknown dogs and information that you give me about them! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2021 10:07 pm

I glad that people are enjoying the dog breeds. Smile Smile
Bonnie ,Thank you for you lovely comments and now to answer your questions Smile
The Hood hound models are the sitting Boston Terrier,the lying British Bulldog,and the little Basset hound with the larger models.
The Safari Ltd tube Afghan is the only one I have from this, along with a Doberman.
Boxer Photo 1-the larger Boxer is a made in China figure that I remember getting on holidays in Spain with another model.
The orange on the left is from another Safari Ltd tube.
The lying down one is another of the same set as the orange rubber Afghan.
Boxer Photo 2-the standing brown Boxer is by Bullyland.
The rare Schleich Beagle and Boxer I must have gotten in the 1990s.I think I bought them in Vienna as I remember seeing a lot of Schleich, Bullyland and Elastolin models for the first time!Schleich wasn't as ubiquitous as it is now!Sadly, I have no idea how much they cost at the time. Sad

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2021 11:05 pm

Thank you so much for answering all these questions! cheers It's so interesting, but don't worry if ever you don't have time to answer them all though!
How amazing to have been able to buy the Schleich beagle and boxer when they were available at the time, I sometimes wish I was alive in the 1990s because of all the wonderful rare dog models which were easier to find then! Very Happy
Really, really interesting about these mysterious Safari tube dogs, I can't wait to see the dobermann! Do you think that the orange boxer is from a separate tube to the Afghan and dobie? Wow, how many Safari dog toobs I wonder are still mysteries to us! Shocked If you ever find more about them I would love to know- do you know roughly when you bought them? I'm guessing that they must be quite old to be so rare now! study Are they marked with Safari? Did you buy them separately or as part of the whole tube?
Thanks again for taking so much time to answer all my questions, learning about those Safari dogs has been so interesting! Very Happy And I'm so sorry for asking so many! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2021 4:36 am

I like the little BC using eye!

Here in the US, pit bull types are often called bull terriers. That may be where New Ray got the name for their sculpt. You don't often see proper bull terriers here outside of television ads.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2021 7:37 pm

So many boxers or bull terriers and just one Brittany spaniel! Is this breed few known outside France? Shocked
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 2:09 am

Wonderful way of presenting your dog collection Taylor ! Applause

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 5:48 pm

Very interesting dog breeds Applause
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 3:48 pm

So many nice dogs

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 5:44 pm

Thank you all again!
Bonnie-the Afghan and the Dobemann are from the same set but I only have these 2-the Dobermann is the same model as the one in the most recent Safari tube set.The orange boxer is from and older set with different models.The older set again I think I got in the 1990s.
Kelly-thanks for the info about the New Ray Bull Terrier.Interesting that you hardly ever see Bull Terriers-they are fairly common here in the Uk but not as common as Staffordshire Bull terriers-Staffies.
Caracal-Brittanies are not that common in the UK-they are overshadowed by Cocker and English Springer spaniels.I know they are popular with Spanish hunters as well as quite a number come to the UK via Spanish dog rescues.Sadly they are often abandoned when the hunting season is over.
So more breeds......... Smile

Bichon Frise-this is the only model I have of this breed which is strange as these dogs are very popular in the UK.

Chow chow

Chihuahua-both varieties-a rather uncommon model for a breed that is very popular.

Cavalier King Charles spaniel

Cocker Spaniel

Dachshund-all varieties

Dobermann

Dalmatian-a very common model but not a very commonly seen breed in the UK.

George

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 6:01 pm

Taos wrote:
Bichon Frise-this is the only model I have of this breed which is strange as these dogs are very popular in the UK.

Dalmatian-a very common model but not a very commonly seen breed in the UK.

This is another of those fascinating contrasts in dog popularity. Because it must be regional, or perhaps just a difference between country and town/city folk and their dog choices - I see a lot of Dalmatians, and no Bichon Frise whatsoever. I'm struggling to think if I've ever seen one in person, actually. And this might be cos I just don't go to towns or cities?
I do all my dog-breed spectating on days out on cross country courses, so the owners are generally country people who are there to watch the horses jump, most of them horse owners or riders themselves, usually living and/or working in the countryside too. Dalmatians seem to be a reasonably popular choice, I see two or three of them most times I go (and yes, before you start wondering if I've made an obvious mistake here, I'm sure it's not just the same owner with the same two dogs which I keep on seeing as they follow the same eventing circuit as I do, hahah Laughing )

Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 6:15 pm

That's very interesting George.I live near the south coast so its a mix of urban and rural and Dalmatians are uncommon here, but Bichons and their crosses are exceedingly common so it does look like it may a regional thing!

George

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 6:48 pm

I'm in East Anglia - very rural, tiny villages, and arable farmland for as far as the eye can see Laughing

Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 7:56 pm

Whoops! I forgot the only Cairn Terrier I have!

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 10:03 pm

The 1990s seem filled with mysterious dogs from Safari tubes! cheers Thank you so much for the information on these dogs, I find it so interesting as I thought we had documented all the Safari dog tubes ever made! I hope it is ok if I just clarify a couple of things- do you have/ know about the other dogs which came in the tube with the orange boxer? And if possible do you think you remember the date you bought the Afghan and dobie tube just to get an idea about when it was around? It must be really rare because even with a search on Google I can't seem to find anything about it, I'm guessing it was an earlier version of their current dog tube and only sold for a short amount of time, maybe one day I'll contact Safari to ask! But thanks again for all your help, I really appreciate it! sunny
What a fantastic array of dogs this time, that special one and only cairn definitely deserves a mention! Very Happy There are so many lovely Chow Chows out there, and I always love the way the Papo cav really captures the expression of the show dogs we see here in the UK- even though I am against breeding dogs for those overly large eyes and short noses I do think this model is very accurate to what sadly is the modern cavalier these days. Great cockers! Very Happy There's a lovely one on the right of the first photo- do you know its brand? And I'd love to know the brand of the two in the second photo to the right, they look vintage to me! I find that this breed is the one of the most common ones I see in my area, and I also don't think we have a perfect model of one yet- hopefully we will in the near future though! Very Happy Wow, amazing Dachshund collection, and all varieties too! cheers I adore Papo's such a beautiful sculpt and so so similar to the latest Best in Show Crufts winner too which was quite a coincidence! Very Happy I've never seen the lovely little one in the second photo to the left in front of the Safari model- if you have time I would love to know his brand too! Very Happy Look at all those Dalmatians, what a collection! affraid I think it's the Yujin pair, they are so lovely and made an amazing dog series, and I have always loved the Bullyland puppy so much!
I am really enjoying this topic, can't wait for the rest of the letters! Very Happy bounce
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 10:22 pm

So many great models in the last 2 updates! The little briard in the basket and the bichon are my favorites. Great collection so far!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 8:50 pm

Thank you all again.
Bonnie-the little tricolour Cocker is a made in China model that I found in a mixed selection of dog models-I also got a Beagle,Dalmatian and Old English Sheepdog(I will show him later)
The other Cockers you mentioned-the Blue roan is a Bullyland model and the orange model is from the Kellogs series of dog breeds.
The tiny little smooth coated Dachshund is a Hood Hounds model.

PostSubject: Re: Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021   Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alphabetical dog breeds 28/11/2021
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: