Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best of Mojo Brand?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Saravanakumaran

Country/State : India/Tamilnadu

Best of Mojo Brand? Empty
PostSubject: Best of Mojo Brand?   Best of Mojo Brand? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 5:05 pm

Hi Guys!

Every brand (Papo, CollectA, Schliech, Safari Ltd) has its own best! I would like to know the best replica from Mojo? When compare to above-mentioned brands!

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Best of Mojo Brand?   Best of Mojo Brand? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 5:18 pm

I don't own too many figures from the brand Mojo but I recently got their gaur and pronghorn and those models are spectacular! Definitely my favorite 2 Mojo models out of the ones I have.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Best of Mojo Brand?   Best of Mojo Brand? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 5:37 pm

The figures I have from Mojo, and therefore those I think that are the best representative easily available figure for each species, are:
-The quagga (no other brand did one at this scale/style, tough the paintjob is a bit lazy)
-Sulawesi black crested macaque, unique species that no other brand did, and Mojo caught the task thanks to suggestion of our dear macaque Kikimalou I think. The only issue is size, it's as big as many chimpanzee figures
-Sun bear. Again a bit big for a such miniature bear as the sun bear, but no other brand have a decent sun bear. Perfectly well done. I've repainted the chest patch in mine.
-Iberian Lynx. No other brand did one except Open Promo Toys (a little known Spanish brand), and both are very compatible in size, but Mojo is much better in sculpt and paintjob. (Warning: there are several paintjob versions of this figure, some realistic, others not)
-Gaur. Already mentioned by Joliezac, no other brand did a gaur and this one is absolutely magnific, showing perfectly the powerful musculature. It's rare to find. The only issue of this figure is that it's very glossy.
-Lowland tapir. No other brands did one at the typical scale and style of western brands. Recently Mojo re-released the same figure with a different paintjob (brown instead grey), however I prefair the old version.
-African buffalo. There are many to choose, but for those that don't like strange poses (CollectA), grass in the mouth (Safari) or thick legs on steroids and aggresive face (Papo), the Mojo and Schleich buffalos remains the best ones, and I favour the Mojo one in appareance, position (gently walking in a calmed way) and texture (only issue: slightly too blunt horns)
-Pronghorn. As Joliezac said, it's a breathtaking model. Much better in my opinion than the Safari counterpart, especially the horns and the legs. Paintjob is not completely accurate in the head, but easy to correct.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Saravanakumaran

PostSubject: Re: Best of Mojo Brand?   Best of Mojo Brand? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 5:48 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
The figures I have from Mojo, and therefore those I think that are the best representative easily available figure for each species, are:
-The quagga (no other brand did one at this scale/style, tough the paintjob is a bit lazy)
-Sulawesi black crested macaque, unique species that no other brand did, and Mojo caught the task thanks to suggestion of our dear macaque Kikimalou I think. The only issue is size, it's as big as many chimpanzee figures
-Sun bear. Again a bit big for a such miniature bear as the sun bear, but no other brand have a decent sun bear. Perfectly well done. I've repainted the chest patch in mine.
-Iberian Lynx. No other brand did one except Open Promo Toys (a little known Spanish brand), and both are very compatible in size, but Mojo is much better in sculpt and paintjob. (Warning: there are several paintjob versions of this figure, some realistic, others not)
-Gaur. Already mentioned by Joliezac, no other brand did a gaur and this one is absolutely magnific, showing perfectly the powerful musculature. It's rare to find. The only issue of this figure is that it's very glossy.
-Lowland tapir. No other brands did one at the typical scale and style of western brands. Recently Mojo re-released the same figure with a different paintjob (brown instead grey), however I prefair the old version.
-African buffalo. There are many to choose, but for those that don't like strange poses (CollectA), grass in the mouth (Safari) or thick legs on steroids and aggresive face (Papo), the Mojo and Schleich buffalos remains the best ones, and I favour the Mojo one in appareance, position (gently walking in a calmed way) and texture (only issue: slightly too blunt horns)
-Pronghorn. As Joliezac said, it's a breathtaking model. Much better in my opinion than the Safari counterpart, especially the horns and the legs. Paintjob is not completely accurate in the head, but easy to correct.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Did I purchase the right Lynx?
And I love the Sun bear which I am sure I did purchase the right one!
Rest I have to collect!
Back to top Go down
Saravanakumaran

PostSubject: Re: Best of Mojo Brand?   Best of Mojo Brand? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 5:50 pm

Joliezac wrote:
I don't own too many figures from the brand Mojo but I recently got their gaur and pronghorn and those models are spectacular! Definitely my favorite 2 Mojo models out of the ones I have.

I really love the Gaur figure! Unfortunately it is not available in India, In online it's very costly! I'm waiting!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Best of Mojo Brand?   Best of Mojo Brand? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 9:15 pm

All dogs of course! sunny cheers
But my favourites are the golden retrievers, a much-loved breed of mine, but I would say that the best made models and most like the real breed are their labradors! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Best of Mojo Brand?   Best of Mojo Brand? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 9:20 pm

Saravanakumaran wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Did I purchase the right Lynx?

Of course! much better than the older version:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (photo not mine, but from the net)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Best of Mojo Brand?   Best of Mojo Brand? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 11:38 pm

Besides all of the models that were suggested and that I also like.
I think these ones also deserve atention:
- spotted hyena, a design completely different from the usual, painting is not particularly good but the sculpt is.
- Thomson's gazelle male, I don't think Safari's is better and Schleich's is a female
- Giant sable antelope, it is at least as good as the CollectA and Safari sables and completely compatible
- Honey badgers, they're sculpted like resin models, there are less glossy paintings but their size and sculpt are really good
- Emu, Size and quality similar to the competitors from other brands
- Griffon vulture, my favorite and very nobble model
- Tamandua, no competitor and a very decent models despite being a little big
- Linnaeus two-toed sloth, it is correct for the species and the only representative, if you like the design, it is a good choice
- Komodo dragon, superb sculpt
- Indian pangolin, this species is not as attractive as the giant pangolin Schleich released but the model is very faithful to the species and Asian pangolins are clearly different from African pangolins, by the way, it is the Indian pangolin.
- Male lion from 2014, not everyone likes this model, especially because it lacks a chin, but I adore it
- Rhinoceros baby sitting, the best calf ever sculpted in toy shape, that's my conviction
- Giant tortoise, very good and at the same level as the best you can find from other brands
- Asian elephant, I like particularly this model, the aestetics were not the focus but it seems quite realistic to me
- Crocodile from 2019, absolutely spectacular, I still miss it but everytime I see it, it just kills me and I am not a gnu
- Striped skunk, best face for those who love good faces
- Wolverine, really attractive and faithful to the real animal
- Wild boar, big as a big wild boar should be, one of the best if not the best
- Stoat, simple but almost perfect
- There are the new releases, kangaroo, elephant and warthog are particularly promising, just check if their sizes correspond to your expectations
- Horses, I don't know if you collect them but those sculpted by Anna-Dobrowolska are probably the only current horses that can compete with CollectA

PostSubject: Re: Best of Mojo Brand?   Best of Mojo Brand? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best of Mojo Brand?
Page 1 of 1