Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november

Go down 
+2
George
Kikimalou
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november Empty
PostSubject: 2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november   2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 1:40 pm

Still no sunshine today, only grey sky and cold rain Sad

What a good day to make one more map cheers

Here is a place to post and discuss all the 2022 South-American wildlife models from all brands.

New official Pics will be added on the first post when available. Very Happy

Please note that every pics used on that topic are available elsewhere on the Web so if you don't agree with the way we are using them, stay calm and... try to stay quiet, thank you I love you

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mojo Fun Barn owl

Safari Ltd Green anaconda

CollectA Green iguana

Schleich Green iguana

Papo Hummingbird

Mojo Fun Peregrine falcon

Schleich Puma

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:36 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: 2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november   2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 2:34 pm

So interesting to see the two iguanas together like this, really highlights the difference in design when you've got the same animal in roughly the same pose from two different companies. Schleich make them more compact and rounded so they're child-friendly for robust play and no dangerous pointy corners, where CollectA aim for tighter realism but with delicate parts, that might be more fragile or easier to poke yourself in the eye with if you're an un-co-ordinated kid Laughing

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november   2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 2:50 pm

Indeed, two very different toys making philosophy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: 2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november   2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 3:10 pm

Judging only from the promo photos but CollectA iguana looks like it's a much bigger model than the Schleich one.

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november   2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 3:55 pm

Ana wrote:
Judging only from the promo photos but CollectA iguana looks like it's a much bigger model than the Schleich one.

The CollectA iguana will be 13,8 X 6,2 cm (W x H) so I'd assume probably about twice the size of the Schleich iguana. Normally I like the smaller figures more but the CollectA one is so realistic and detailed that I prefer it much more! My only complaint is that the tails need to be about twice the length, but I know that is difficult to do for a toy, so all is forgiven. I can't wait to add both iguanas to my collection cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november   2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 4:26 pm

I hope every year for more small mammals and reptiles and birds different than a macaw for this region.... but, the iguanas, hummingbird, and puma all look very nice this year. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november   2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 5:49 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I hope every year for more small mammals and reptiles and birds different than a macaw for this region.... but, the iguanas, hummingbird, and puma all look very nice this year. :)

I'd loveeee to see some hornbills and agoutis!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november   2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 5:58 pm

Really those iguanas couldn't be more different in terms of design. Limbs are incredibly different.
The row of spikes on CollectA's model is incredible and the tail is extremely thin at the end. By the way, I see it is turned towards the deep white so maybe the figure is not as large as we fear.
In any case, I don't intend to get any of them but clearly CollectA's is more realistic while Schleich has a nicer size.
My main interest for now is that puma and the colibri I am not yet sure.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november   2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 12:50 am

Mojo Fun added Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november   2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november Empty

Back to top Go down

2022 South-American wildlife from all brands with map -updated 5 november
Page 1 of 1