Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5

Go down 
+7
Saarlooswolfhound
Caracal
Bonnie
spacelab
bmathison1972
Pardofelis
Kikimalou
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 Empty
PostSubject: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 2:05 pm

Still no sunshine, only grey sky and cold rain Sad

What a good day to make a third map cheers

Here is a place to post and discuss all the 2022 North-American wildlife models from all brands.

New official Pics will be added on the first post when available. Very Happy

Please note that every pics used on that topic are available elsewhere on the Web so if you don't agree with the way we are using them, stay calm and... try to stay quiet, thank you I love you

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mojö Fun Arctic wolf

Mojo Fun Barn owl

Safari Ltd Crested gecko

Mojo Fun Golden eagle

Papo Gray wolf

Papo Gray wolf pup

Safari Ltd Mississipi Alligator baby

CollectA Plains bison

Mojo Fun Peregrine falcon

Schleich Puma

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:29 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 2:45 pm

Fabulous idea to give the new maps of 2022! Here we can see the comparisons of many new figures from different brands. And still we have Safari LTD pending!

But, why is the common magpie absent from the North American map? Rolling Eyes The species also happens here...

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 2:55 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
Fabulous idea to give the new maps of 2022! Here we can see the comparisons of many new figures from different brands. And still we have Safari LTD pending!

But, why is the common magpie absent from the North American map? Rolling Eyes The species also happens here...

Indeed I was waiting for Blaine or Isidro to begin the discussion LaughingLaughingLaughing cheers

I avoided to put it on that map, and the Wild boar calf too, for the same reason I avoid adding Dromedaries on the Oceanian map (even if it's the only place where these animals are wild Wink).
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 3:04 pm

The Eurasian magpie is not in North America; the two species we have here are different than the Eurasian one.

One could argue that the Papo wolves could be here, however :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 3:14 pm

Since a lot of members were arguing the Wolf coat is typically European, I was waiting for a debate about this before adding the wolves.

So, what your ideas everyone ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 4:37 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
The Eurasian magpie is not in North America; the two species we have here are different than the Eurasian one.

Absolutely wrong. The common magpie is native in North America, not introduced like the dromedaries in Australia. The genus Pica consist in two species, one is restricted to California and the other appears in the whole Holarctic, including North America without discussion Wink

But yes, the wolves should be here too, I think Very Happy unless one go very picky and complains that it represent certain subspecies, but I think that is better that the figures in the maps are represented by their species and not in something so banal as subspecies are :)

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 4:49 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

Absolutely wrong. The common magpie is native in North America, not introduced like the dromedaries in Australia. The genus Pica consist in two species, one is restricted to California and the other appears in the whole Holarctic, including North America without discussion Wink

But yes, the wolves should be here too, I think Very Happy unless one go very picky and complains that it represent certain subspecies, but I think that is better that the figures in the maps are represented by their species and not in something so banal as subspecies are :)

Laughing Laughing Laughing  So the funny thing begin  Wink

I thought the American magpie was pica hudsonia, not Pica pica...
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 5:09 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

you are correct, P. hudsonia. But there is nothing funny about ignorance and fear in not accepting change after 1758 Laughing
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 5:12 pm

My suggestion is to stick with the Eurasian Magpie in Europe and Asia. Not America, neither Africa.
I would ask my Athenian magpies if they have relatives in the New World, but they would start philosophizing and they are already too disturbing...Razz
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 5:39 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

you are correct, P. hudsonia. But there is nothing funny about ignorance and fear in not accepting change after 1758 Laughing

1758 ??? What happened in 1758 ? Are you talking about Maximilien de Robespierre's birth ? The capture of Gorée by the English navy ? The abandonment of all opposition to heliocentrism by the Catholic Church ? Laughing

spacelab wrote:
My suggestion is to stick with the Eurasian Magpie in Europe and Asia. Not America, neither Africa.
I would ask my Athenian magpies if they have relatives in the New World, but they would start philosophizing and they are already too disturbing...Razz

The sub-species Pica pica battnensis is native to Maroc, Algeria and Tunisia I believe. scratch
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 6:31 pm

It's wonderful that these topics have now begun! cheers Beautifully presented as always! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 6:33 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Pardofelis wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

No, the American subspecies of the common magpie is Pica pica hudsonia since ever and to date, not "Pica hudsonia". "Pica hudsonia" doesn't exist, never existed and never any serious scientific would dare to accept so ridiculous absurd radical change only just because a guy suddendly want to invent a false species for put his name in the hall of fame. There is nothing funny about the absolutely out-of-place exagerattions like the Blaine's one. I follow science, not stupidity.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 7:00 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Pardofelis wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

No, the American subspecies of the common magpie is Pica pica hudsonia since ever and to date, not "Pica hudsonia". "Pica hudsonia" doesn't exist, never existed and never any serious scientific would dare to accept so ridiculous absurd radical change only just because a guy suddendly want to invent a false species for put his name in the hall of fame. There is nothing funny about the absolutely out-of-place exagerattions like the Blaine's one. I follow science, not stupidity.

Well, I prefer funny things indeed and I hope they will come Very Happy
No one si stupid here to give his two cents about where to put a toy pic on a map, neither you nor Blaine ... nor me that's saying it all Wink

Nevertheless, I'm not an ornithologist but, even on Oiseaux.net, they called the American magpie a Pica hudsonia. scratch Even spending time on the web I always find Pica hudsonia everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 7:05 pm

For me, the new Papo wolf is undoubtly an european one but since it's just a subspecies it can be here as Canis lupus, I shall not lodge a complaint against you Christophe! Laughing
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 7:11 pm

We can spend two pages for a magpie..hehe.
Anyway, I read that the Pica mauritanica is the one that lives in Africa, which is now considered a separate species. The bottanensis lives in China... this is what I read...
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 7:26 pm

spacelab wrote:
We can spend two pages for a magpie..hehe.
Anyway, I read that the Pica mauritanica is the one that lives in Africa, which is now considered a separate species. The bottanensis lives in China... this is what I read...

Damned Laughing
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 10:35 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Well, I prefer funny things indeed and I hope they will come Very Happy
No one si stupid here to give his two cents about where to put a toy pic on a map, neither you nor Blaine ... nor me that's saying it all Wink

Nevertheless, I'm not an ornithologist but, even on Oiseaux.net, they called the American magpie a Pica hudsonia. scratch Even spending time on the web I always find Pica hudsonia everywhere.

That's OK Kiki, he says he 'follows science' and I am a professional scientist, so I guess he has to follow me! Cool Twisted Evil Laughing

The standard for bird nomenclature is the Cornell Lab of Ornithology - they are the best reference to use for such things: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 3:10 pm

Although North American wolves don't typically present such a blonde/red coat color here, I would say that the Papo wolves could be shown here also.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 3:26 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Although North American wolves don't typically present such a blonde/red coat color here, I would say that the Papo wolves could be shown here also.

The job is done Wink
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 4:14 pm

The more I see of that bison, the more I like him, I think he's my favourite wildlife release from any company this year. Hmm, will there be an STS-figure-of-the-year poll contest again? I joined too late to take part in the 2021 voting, and I'm not sure whether you have them every year or not. Hope so.

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 4:22 pm

George wrote:
The more I see of that bison, the more I like him, I think he's my favourite wildlife release from any company this year. Hmm, will there be an STS-figure-of-the-year poll contest again? I joined too late to take part in the 2021 voting, and I'm not sure whether you have them every year or not. Hope so.
We try to! I am sure we can organize it again for this year.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 4:47 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
George wrote:
We try to! I am sure we can organize it again for this year.

Of course cheers
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 5:52 pm

Choosing the best figure for 2022 will be hard for me! There is a handful of masterpieces to choose from Very Happy Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 8:33 pm

Joliezac wrote:
Choosing the best figure for 2022 will be hard for me! There is a handful of masterpieces to choose from Very Happy Very Happy

Jolie, in 2022 we will choose the 2021 animals of the year Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 9:54 pm

I am enjoying all the discussion around the map. Laughing
For me it is easy. If Papo is marketing the magpie as a magpie, it should be here, it is is marketed as an Eurasian magpie, it should not be here even if we consider the American magpie a subspecies. Exactly the same reason why an Artic wolf should not be displayed on European map and we know it is a subspecies of the grey wolf. About the wolf, we all suspect it is based upon an European subspecies but there's no evidence about that, so, it should be presented in every continent grey wolves are found.

PostSubject: Re: 2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5   2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

2022 North-American wildlife from all brands with map - updated november 5
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next