Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu

Go down 
+2
Joliezac
Pardofelis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu Empty
PostSubject: Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu   Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 6:36 pm

Before/after:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Before/after:

Before/after:

Before/after:

Before/after:

Total: 307

Last edited by Pardofelis on Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu   Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 6:42 pm

Love the updated rosettes on the clouded leopard!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu   Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 6:45 pm

Nicely done; it's amazing how much some slight tweaks to marking shapes or added details raise the accuracy of the figure, without having to entirely re-do them and lose the original finish paintjob.

Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu   Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 7:19 pm

Oh, perfect, you really nailed that clouded leopard. Despite the slight changes, it's a drastic improvement. Those incredible rosettes are after all the THING about cloudeds! I love that you added more realistic detail to the kudu, also. Like George said, nice to retain that original paint job, if it's a nice one, but still have it more accurate.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu   Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 10:07 pm

Fantastic that you got that effect on clouded leopard clouds. They look in real like they have dept. This is clearly evident in your repainted version. Great work with the kudu too. I enjoy your method, they feel original but they are undoubtfully better.

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu   Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 10:44 pm

Thanks everybody! That's it Roger, I like to improve the figures but just the necessary and no more, without losing the essence of the original figure :)

In the panther the rosettes are the most noticeable thing but there is also improvement in the eyes, inside of ears, muzzle, front... But really the original paintjob on this one is quite good so no need for much improvement.

In the kudu the changes are less noticeable but the horn tips are prolongated and make pointy with the addition of paste, the white marks in eyebrows, muzzle and face was a bit improved, the forelegs and the inside of hind legs was painted according to certain image of lesser kudu I've found, and the best of all was the inside of ears, much better now :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu   Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 11:53 am

Really clever adjustments! cheers As others have said I love how you have focused on quality rather than quantity, and with those added touches to both of them produced two beautifully realistic models! cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu   Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 5:41 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
Thanks everybody! That's it Roger, I like to improve the figures but just the necessary and no more, without losing the essence of the original figure :)

In the panther the rosettes are the most noticeable thing but there is also improvement in the eyes, inside of ears, muzzle, front... But really the original paintjob on this one is quite good so no need for much improvement.

In the kudu the changes are less noticeable but the horn tips are prolongated and make pointy with the addition of paste, the white marks in eyebrows, muzzle and face was a bit improved, the forelegs and the inside of hind legs was painted according to certain image of lesser kudu I've found, and the best of all was the inside of ears, much better now :)

I wouldn't notice all these changes but surely the fact they look better from all angles means that your changes were more than those we can notice immediately. I agree about the clouded leopard being very well painted for a mass produced figure, I really love it but your extra touch puts it to another level.

PostSubject: Re: Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu   Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu Empty

Back to top Go down

Slight repaint on Safari LTD clouded leopard and lesser kudu
Page 1 of 1