Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

charms collection

Go down 
+5
Kikimalou
landrover
SUSANNE
widukind
Caracal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

charms collection Empty
PostSubject: charms collection   charms collection EmptyWed Jan 19, 2022 11:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(2 last pictures with Starlux and Prior models for size comparison)

Last edited by Caracal on Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

charms collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: charms collection   charms collection EmptyWed Jan 19, 2022 12:10 pm

Really nice and interesting figures.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

charms collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: charms collection   charms collection EmptyWed Jan 19, 2022 12:42 pm

They are ever so charming and lovely I love you

The bdger to the right in the last picture, - isn't it a composition model ? It is gorgeous Very Happy

And fun to see them mentioned in French ...

My parents lived in Belgium for a period many years ago, and I still remember that there was a hérisson in their garden.
The neighbor told my mother about it, but it was not untill she saw it, she understood what animal he was talking about.
She had tried to find it in the dictionary, but could not find it, because the "h" is dumb, and she looked under "e"  Laughing

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

charms collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: charms collection   charms collection EmptyWed Jan 19, 2022 1:57 pm

Very rare models. I like these figures.

Thanks for sharing. cheers cheers

Caracal

Caracal

charms collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: charms collection   charms collection EmptyWed Jan 19, 2022 3:25 pm

Very Happy  Many thanks to you three Andreas, Susanne and Fernando!

Susanne, the badger on the right is, according to me, the best model from Prior premiums models. I even prefer him to the Starlux badger.. but it's not a composition model, just a plastic one!..

So you know what is a "hérisson" since your mother told you this funny story! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

charms collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: charms collection   charms collection EmptyWed Jan 19, 2022 11:39 pm

I didn't know you are collecting feves, they are very charming Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

charms collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: charms collection   charms collection EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 2:32 am

Christophe, I didn't either!.. Very Happy I am just guetting more and more addict!.. drunken

I already had some porcelain models and when I saw some of these species never produiced by Western brands like campagnol roussâtre, loir gris, alouette, grand têtras and little mustelids at so little scale, I couldn't resist!
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

charms collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: charms collection   charms collection EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 2:52 am

SUSANNE wrote:
My parents lived in Belgium for a period many years ago, and I still remember that there was a hérisson in their garden.
The neighbor told my mother about it, but it was not untill she saw it, she understood what animal he was talking about.
She had tried to find it in the dictionary, but could not find it, because the "h" is dumb, and she looked under "e"  Laughing

I was thinking as I scrolled through the pictures 'cool, I learnt the French for some new animals' as well as just enjoying seeing the little figures, and then thanks to this very funny comment, I also know how to pronounce one I'd have said wrong! Laughing

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

charms collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: charms collection   charms collection EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 9:01 am

This is one of the most beautiful little collections I have seen! Very Happy And it was very helpful for my French GCSE to learn the French names of the animals too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Caracal

Caracal

charms collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: charms collection   charms collection EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 10:26 am

Very Happy happy if it can help you Bonnie!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

charms collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: charms collection   charms collection EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 1:01 pm

They are lovely, I can see how you can easily get addicted to these!

Caracal

charms collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: charms collection   charms collection EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 3:22 pm

Thank you Roger! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

charms collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: charms collection   charms collection EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 5:12 am

Lovely figurines!
Some things really intrigue me. In Portugal the opening "h" is also mute. I never understood the use of a letter without any phonetics value. Curiously, our word for hedgehog is ouriço, from Latin ericius, what turns even more difficult to understand the French word hérisson.

George

Country/State : England

charms collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: charms collection   charms collection EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 5:29 am

In my accent, the H's in Hedgehog are silent, too. That's not the official British-English version, just regional - some strong accents drop certain letters, often depending on where in the word they are, and which ones you lose depends on where in the country you're from. So I say it as Edge-og Laughing

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

charms collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: charms collection   charms collection EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 6:21 am

The H in hérisson isn’t mute in French. We are very complicated people, some h are mute and some not, why ? Why not ! 😂
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

charms collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: charms collection   charms collection EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 7:09 am

In Occitan langage (1/3 South of France) this sympathic animal is called "ereiç" [erejs] that is very close to the latin original world, so, no "H" mute or no! Aniway, in occitan areas, we don't pronounce the non mute "H" because we don't know how! We speak French with the Occitan phonetic!  :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

charms collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: charms collection   charms collection EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 7:55 am

Haha, George, it is all your fault. Laughing You should kept calling it urchin. So now George's H is mute and Christophe's H is not.

charms collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: charms collection   charms collection Empty

Back to top Go down

charms collection
Page 1 of 1