Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich real or fake?

Go down 
+3
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
matisko
7 posters
AuthorMessage
matisko

Country/State : Slovakia

Schleich real or fake? Empty
PostSubject: Schleich real or fake?   Schleich real or fake? EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 8:51 pm

Hello, please could someone tell me if these animals are real schleich or fake ones? What are the original markings of Schleichs? Thank you for your help.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich real or fake?   Schleich real or fake? EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 9:20 pm

The issue with looking at paint work is that these models can vary based on lots of factors. To me, these two look just like the TAW examples...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich real or fake?   Schleich real or fake? EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 10:16 pm

I think these look real to me! Very Happy The dalmatian is lovely! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
matisko

PostSubject: Re: Schleich real or fake?   Schleich real or fake? EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 10:45 pm

Real question is not the colour, but there are just marked schleich on the bottom, not headquarters adress and C€ in bizarre format not like on my others animals?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich real or fake?   Schleich real or fake? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 1:28 pm

Some knockoffs have Schleich brand marked. At least I've read it on forum. Though, the few I have are just marked Made in China. It really looks like the original thing but it is strange the information is not complete. Was this figure sold also in a set?

PostSubject: Re: Schleich real or fake?   Schleich real or fake? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 1:55 pm

I don t think it was part of a set, individual animals sold separarely. It is really strange. Original looks like this:
and the fake? ones:
Real differences are the circle with year missing, no headquarters adress, C€ more thin and finally little R in circle - registered trademark I think.
Seen the same dalmatine with all these markings also. I think these are copies, great ones but copies.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich real or fake?   Schleich real or fake? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 2:05 pm

I think you are right and that's a fake model. A "good" copy. It is getting difficult to find what is original or not. Often there are differences in weight when comparing the original and copy but even copies use a dense plastic these days.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Schleich real or fake?   Schleich real or fake? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 2:35 pm

Out of curiosity, how do these good fakes get out into the world? I get that the usual bad knockoffs just sell at discount stores and online sellers which don't market them as genuine branded products, just plastic animal toys.
But the ones which are actually pretending to be Schleich and are sold as such, how do they work? Retailers who stock actual Schleich figures would deal direct with the company or through authorised distributors, so there's no room for fake ones to slip in to the supply chain that way, they're getting real stock straight from the warehouses. And nobody running a normal honest toyshop business would think 'Hmm, I won't order my regular Schleich delivery the usual way this time, I'll see if I can get a batch cheaper shipped in from someone I've never heard of', that's just not what you do when you've already got accounts for the real companies Laughing

Again, with the usual knockoffs we see, they're copies but not pretending to be the real thing, I can see how companies wanting something cheaper would avoid branded goods and have the generic copies, but those don't sell to customers thinking they're paying for real ones, so that's different.

So is there a sort of dodgy wholesale fakes industry, where shopkeepers who don't mind the illegal scamming aspect can get hold of cheaper models, and sell them on as real ones til they get caught out?

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich real or fake?   Schleich real or fake? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 2:54 pm

Those are all interesting questions, especially if it is confirmed some fakes are marked Schleich.
Here is a video from Sugar Rose Studios showing how close in quality are those fakes. Though, if I am understanding correctly, copies are not marked Schleich.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich real or fake?   Schleich real or fake? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 3:11 pm

I think it is a very big business going forward for years, but if we make attention a spread the word out, we could diminish it a little😀 Fortunately I paid normal price for said collectibles, that makes me think too good to be true = not true.
Back to top Go down
sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich real or fake?   Schleich real or fake? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 2:25 pm

Hello,
I'm quite sure your animals are the real thing. Schleich changed the way to put their logos on the animals more than once in the last decades. Here are the logos of two of my cows. I just got them off the shelves randomly. They are 22 years old and marked with the typical logo of that time. Hope that helps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
matisko

PostSubject: Re: Schleich real or fake?   Schleich real or fake? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 2:37 pm

Thank for your response, but what about the same model of the same year and yet marked differently?
Back to top Go down
sortepletter

sortepletter

PostSubject: Re: Schleich real or fake?   Schleich real or fake? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 10:09 pm

The logo was changed in animals that were available for many years. I can imagine the reason for this might be more international sales than before. This is the Schleich pinto, older and newer version
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich real or fake?   Schleich real or fake? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 8:52 am

Hi, Plet, you are SO right !
I was just going to look for examples like the ones you show Very Happy

If you go further back, there was not even mentioned where they were made .

Interesting topic, Matisco ! study

sortepletter

sortepletter

PostSubject: Re: Schleich real or fake?   Schleich real or fake? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 2:49 pm

Just an addition - the schleich logo has been changed again. Today I got the brandnew Oldenburg and Belgian mares. This is the logo they both have Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich real or fake?   Schleich real or fake? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 3:16 pm

I hadn't noticed Very Happy
Thankyou Simone sunny

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich real or fake?   Schleich real or fake? Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich real or fake?
Page 1 of 1