Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)

Go down 
+5
Saarlooswolfhound
George
Chris Sweetman
MansoBoricua
TheWholeCollection
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TheWholeCollection

TheWholeCollection

Country/State : USA

3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) Empty
PostSubject: Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)   3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 12:03 am

TheWholeCollection Topic Post [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (This is for my records, just ignore this from now on)

Hello Everyone, I was wondering why there isn't more about the Greenbrier animal figures on here? Is it because some of their models are knock-offs of other companies? I think that the arctic fox is at least an original model, do you agree? Despite being a Dollar Tree brand the figures are (in my opinion) somewhat unique, so why has no one covered this company? Have I missed something perhaps? Are all the figures (fox included) knock-offs? I am just curious why these haven't been covered more.  confused  Here are some pics of Greenbrier animals...I think the Red Deer and Pegasus look like they are knock-offs of Schleich.

None of these pictures are mine, nor am I taking credit for them.
Please note this is not a complete list.

Full-Sized (6 Inch Figures)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Minis:

Thank you for viewing my post! I hope this was interesting!  Smile
Back to top Go down
MansoBoricua

MansoBoricua

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)   3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 12:11 am

I would say yes, you're right. Some of them are bootlegs, but some others are originally manufactured. I would definitely do some research on the manufacturer and send a message to the forum admins to see if these animal figures are good enough to be released in the ToyAnimalWiki.

Kind regards and thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://ianadames02.wixsite.com/ianadamesart
TheWholeCollection

TheWholeCollection

PostSubject: Re: Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)   3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 12:21 am

Re: MansoBoricua

Thank you for the advice, I will definitely keep researching these and consider suggesting them to the admins for TAW after I have more information. study Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)   3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 2:02 am

TheWholeCollection wrote:
TheWholeCollection Topic Post [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (This is for my records, just ignore this from now on)

Hello Everyone, I was wondering why there isn't more about the Greenbrier animal figures on here? Is it because some of their models are knock-offs of other companies? I think that the arctic fox is at least an original model, do you agree? Despite being a Dollar Tree brand the figures are (in my opinion) somewhat unique, so why has no one covered this company? Have I missed something perhaps? Are all the figures (fox included) knock-offs? I am just curious why these haven't been covered more.  confused  Here are some pics of Greenbrier animals...I think the Red Deer and Pegasus look like they are knock-offs of Schleich.

None of these pictures are mine, nor am I taking credit for them.
Please note this is not a complete list.

Minis:

Thank you for viewing my post! I hope this was interesting!  Smile

Foal on left is a copy of the Timpo version.

George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)   3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 3:42 am

I can't stop looking at that hippo's legs.

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)   3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 3:58 am

I legitamately had a customer that looked a bit like that recently George...   a beefy upper body and twiggy legs.Laughing

Also had one the opposite... came in with running attire showing off his very built calves and thighs but I couldn't help but be reminded of a chicken's or dinosaur's leg morphology.... my poor bored brain picking on people... Rolling Eyes

I come across greenbrier all the time. Some of them I have used for repaints as the sculpts are good (just need some attention) but a lot of them are not up to par with most collector's interests/taste. I have the odd arctic wolf/fox in my collection as it just makes me laugh.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
TheWholeCollection

TheWholeCollection

PostSubject: Re: Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)   3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 4:00 am

Re: Chris Sweetman

Very interesting to know that it's a copy! Thank you! Smile study
Back to top Go down
TheWholeCollection

TheWholeCollection

PostSubject: Re: Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)   3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 4:04 am

Re: George

I agree the hippo has long thin legs compared to the rest of its body, giving it an awkward appearance for a hippo.
Back to top Go down
TheWholeCollection

TheWholeCollection

PostSubject: Re: Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)   3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 4:11 am

Re: Saarlooswolfhound

I agree that these figures are not what all collectors are looking to add to their collections. I also, have the Greenbrier Arctic Fox! cheers
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)   3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 4:24 am

If this helps, Greenbrier International Inc is the company that imports all the items at dollar tree. There was a fish related set with a green spiny shark.
It’s the green one in the middle front, and I’m still looking for it.

Back to top Go down
TheWholeCollection

TheWholeCollection

PostSubject: Re: Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)   3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 5:02 am

Re: Gecko08

Thank you for the information it helps! I've never seen that shark before, it's cool though! I hope you find it someday! Laughing 🦈
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)   3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 1:22 pm

I don't see any reason to not introduce this brand on TAW.
Oh, I still miss the fox, could anyone provide me a good picture of it?

TheWholeCollection

PostSubject: Re: Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)   3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 2:07 pm

Re: Roger

Here is a picture of my fox, this is a six inch figure so it could be mistaken for a wolf. I also included a picture of the writing on the underside of the figures belly for future reference. Thank you for the advice!  Smile

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)   3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 5:08 pm

Thanks for both pictures, they're really useful.
Can I use your picture of the fox for my foxes wish list?

TheWholeCollection

PostSubject: Re: Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)   3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 5:39 pm

Yes, of course may use my picture! Very Happy Thank you for viewing my post!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)   3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 5:55 pm

TheWholeCollection wrote:

Yes, of course may use my picture! Very Happy Thank you for viewing my post!

It is a pleasure to watch your posts. I added the Arctic fox to my wish list. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)   3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 7:30 pm

Thanks so much

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)   3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 3:27 pm

I see a lot of these models in discount shops here and also they appear regularly in charity shops as well,especially the dinos and farm/wildlife.

TheWholeCollection

PostSubject: Re: Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)   3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 4:27 pm

Re: Taos

Very interesting to know that these do not appear exclusively in Dollar Tree stores. Thank you for sharing! study Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheWholeCollection

TheWholeCollection

PostSubject: Updated Info On Greenbrier Figures!    3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 10:05 pm

Hello again, Everyone! I have continued researching these figures, here is what I have found out. (Feel free to add to this topic or correct me on anything I might get wrong).

As near as I can tell Boley/Nature World makes the Greenbrier figures, using the name 'Greenbrier' for the dollar stores, to kinda distance their main name from the dollar store figures. The Boley website even states Dollar Tree among their retailers. I have recently found out that Target sells figures under the name Ankyo. The Ankyo figures look like they might also be partnered with or produced by Boley, even though they are not stated as a retailer on the Boley website. The Ankyo and Greenbrier figures are priced similarly with the Ankyo (sold at Target) figures being a $1 each, and Dollar Tree/Greenbrier figures being $1.25 each (since Dollar Tree raised their prices recently). I have also found a connection between the Toy Major Figures and Boley, even though I have not found an identical model made by Boley, Greenbrier, Ankyo, and Toy Major, I have found another dinosaur made by Toy Major and a very similar one made by Boley....so a connection between these 4 companies is a possibility. I think I have seen both Toy Major and Boley figures sold at walmart, under the names 'Toy Major' and 'Boley'.

I determined that Boley only makes certain molds under certain names. For example the Red Deer, and fox were only made (to my knowledge) under the Greenbrier name. However the Stegosaurus, is made under the names Boley, Greenbrier, and Ankyo, with different or similar colors.

If I find out anything else I will add it to this post, but for now this is it. Wink Thank you for viewing my post!
Link for the Boley Website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Link for the Dollar Tree Website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(Unhelpful) Link for the Ankyo Ltd Website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

These pictures are not mine nor am I taking credit for them.

Boley website showing their Retailers:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)   3 - Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures) Empty

Back to top Go down

Greenbrier Animal Figures (Questions And Pictures)
Page 1 of 1