Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Puma from Schleich 2022

Go down 
+8
widukind
George
Kikimalou
Roger
Night Elf
Joliezac
bmathison1972
SUSANNE
12 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

New Puma from Schleich 2022 Empty
PostSubject: New Puma from Schleich 2022   New Puma from Schleich 2022 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 9:43 pm

One of my favorite animals, and I know I am not alone .

I Danish we have a saying "Kært barn har mange navne", which translates into something like : "Loved child has many names", and that goes for the puma, cugar, mountain lion, catamount and more study

This model shows an extremely slim and elegant cat.
I think it must be a young cat.
The muscles are not fully developed, and she is a bit thin, because Mom has just kicked her out to fend for herself  Crying or Very sad
As so often, you can not see on the model what sex it is, but the shape of the head indicates that it is a female.

She may not be the best puma model ever, but the more I look at her, the more I like her.
I look forward to reading what you all think about her Very Happy

First a small walkaround :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And some comparisons  Wink

Together with the roaring Starlux model, and a model that could look like Starlux, but I do not kno  scratch

Sorry, but I grab the chance to ask:
Can anybody help me identify the brand of this Kitty ? Is she perhaps a very thing lioness ?

She even has a clone made of soft rubber  Laughing

sunny  cat Very Happy cat Very Happy cat Very Happy cat cat Very Happy cat cat Very Happy cat Very Happy cat Very Happy cat cat Very Happy cat Very Happy sunny

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: New Puma from Schleich 2022   New Puma from Schleich 2022 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 9:46 pm

Safari. Still the best Cool
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: New Puma from Schleich 2022   New Puma from Schleich 2022 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 9:58 pm

Wonderful walk around and comparisons thank you! I have a special fondness for the old Papo puma and the Safari one is probably the best in my opinion, but this model is very nice nonetheless!

I like how it has a slimmer and more elegant build with a small head. I also like the lighter coloration.

I’ll definitely be picking one up for myself

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Night Elf

Night Elf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: New Puma from Schleich 2022   New Puma from Schleich 2022 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 10:20 pm

Beautiful!! What a lovely new Schleich.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New Puma from Schleich 2022   New Puma from Schleich 2022 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 10:59 pm

As you know, I was really wanting this topic and that's a super topic! cheers
So many comparisons, even the great Nayab puma entered on it.
Comparing with the previous model, it is a step forward. The old model was attractive but excessively toyish.
The best angle of this figure is the one we see on your 2nd picture. The worst is its back. Excessively compressed body with relatively short back legs.
I am glad they included the black tip on tail but Schleich forgot the black markings on the back of the ears.
Not yet the fantastic puma model, I think Safari's Papo's or Mojö's are also not the perfect pumas either but judging a figure in your hands can change our opinions.
For example, Safari new jaguar is really growing on me and even if the immediate impact was not huge, I think it is now my favorite. I think I want a Schleich cougar and time will tell me how much I like it.
Many thanks for providing this impressive topic, pumas deserved it. flower

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New Puma from Schleich 2022   New Puma from Schleich 2022 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 11:00 pm

Starlux Lioness Very Happy

I must say the old Papo is still my favorite so far.

Thank you for the walkaround Susanne cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New Puma from Schleich 2022   New Puma from Schleich 2022 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 11:03 pm

Oh, I was editing my topic because I forgot but there's always Kiki for the rescue.
I didn't know it was a Starlux but an easy way to identify a lioness from a puma is through the brush on the tip of the tail. Lions have it while pumas not. Wink

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: New Puma from Schleich 2022   New Puma from Schleich 2022 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 11:10 pm

Very interesting to see how they all compare, I think I'd file the new Schleich in third place - after the Safari and newer Papo examples, but ahead of all the rest. The hair texture is better than on the farm animals and horses, they have a very harsh bristly-looking style lately but the puma's much more smoothed and natural looking.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New Puma from Schleich 2022   New Puma from Schleich 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 10:27 am

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: New Puma from Schleich 2022   New Puma from Schleich 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 3:32 pm

Thanks for the comparison pictures. From the promo photos, I really thought the new Puma would be my update for this species in my collection. However compared to the Papo and Safari, he doesn´t look really as an improvement. Better than the old one, but I think the Papo and Safari looks better. However those 2 already look very different from another...su I still don´t know which one to choose ^^
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: New Puma from Schleich 2022   New Puma from Schleich 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 6:53 pm

This is a perfect walkaround of a lovely model! Very Happy So many useful photos and comparisons, and beautifully clear too! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Puma from Schleich 2022   New Puma from Schleich 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 8:30 pm

Thankyou everyone for the kind comments Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New Puma from Schleich 2022   New Puma from Schleich 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 9:33 pm

For the cougars I see around here in the Rockies the Safari is the best example, for a big muscular tom cat. The new Schleich looks more like a southern hemisphere variety. I just watched a documentary on Chilean pumas and it looks similar to those (paler coat, lighter build overall, very dark facial features). 

Lovely walkaround! I love your pride of cougars and pumas. :) Congratulations.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Puma from Schleich 2022   New Puma from Schleich 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 9:45 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
For the cougars I see around here in the Rockies the Safari is the best example, for a big muscular tom cat. The new Schleich looks more like a southern hemisphere variety. I just watched a documentary on Chilean pumas and it looks similar to those (paler coat, lighter build overall, very dark facial features). 

Lovely walkaround! I love your pride of cougars and pumas. :) Congratulations.

Thankk , Paige Wink

Very interesting to learn . I didn't know that Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New Puma from Schleich 2022   New Puma from Schleich 2022 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 9:52 pm

I'm not a feline expert, but from what I can gather the Chilean puma is as I described above (usually lighter build, paler pelage, and darker features) like this one here: 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And the ones more familiar to me are darker coated, larger bodied, and their mouths (the gums) are usually lighter colored than what I noticed in the chilean puma documentary.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: New Puma from Schleich 2022   New Puma from Schleich 2022 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2022 2:36 pm

Thank you Susanne for this beautiful and useful walkaround! I bouht it yesterday, not my dream but not so bad and easy to get. The Safari one is the best but to big for me.. :)

Thank you for explanations and links Paige! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Puma from Schleich 2022   New Puma from Schleich 2022 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Puma from Schleich 2022
Page 1 of 1