Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Museum quality CETACEANS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
junglejim

Country/State : USA/Illinois

Museum quality CETACEANS Empty
PostSubject: Museum quality CETACEANS   Museum quality CETACEANS EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 9:14 pm

Almost all collectors of vintage plastic animals figures are familiar with the Invicta Blue Whale in the British Museum of Natural History series, and here in a photo it is included for comparison of size with a lesser known and very similar figure - a nice companion piece in a different pose and slightly larger is this Blue Whale in a diving pose that was issued in 1961 by the Smithsonian Institution by Precision Model for the exhibition 'Monsters of the Deep'. It has the same coloration and same solid plastic construction as the Invicta model. And as this post is about vintage plastic Cetaceans I include a photograph of a bottlenose dolphin marked R.A.M. Studios which I have been told was issued in 1966 by the Royal Alberta Museum in Canada although I have found no literature other than a copyright to substantiate this. This figure hasMuseum quality CETACEANS Img_5012
Museum quality CETACEANS Img_5011
all the same quality as the Invicta series.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Museum quality CETACEANS   Museum quality CETACEANS EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 9:44 am

What a wonderful oldie

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Museum quality CETACEANS   Museum quality CETACEANS EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 5:35 pm

indeed! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Museum quality CETACEANS   Museum quality CETACEANS EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 11:12 pm

Vintage cetacean figures are extremely rare and those you're showing are museum pieces? Besides being very interesting, I'm convinced those are very illusive pieces.
Thanks for sharing them. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Museum quality CETACEANS   Museum quality CETACEANS Empty

Back to top Go down

Museum quality CETACEANS
Page 1 of 1