Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*

Go down 
+36
Balaenoptera
Caracal
rogerpgvg
Leoo Past
pipsxlch
Taos
widukind
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
Jill
Stripedhyena
Saien
costicuba
Ana
Wilorvise
Roy-Swetsie
Mitsukuni
Concavenator
thebritfarmer
Gecko08
lolavichor
Duck-Anch-Amun
Megaptera
sunny
endogenylove
Loon
lucky luke
George
Joliezac
Roger
Bonnie
landrover
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 6:39 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 2:05 am

Your car makes you stop buying models but your models gives you the joy to tolerate what's happening with your car. I'm sorry for your misfortune but you will have more time to enjoy this lot. You have so many figures I like a lot on it. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 2:34 am

Roger wrote:
Your car makes you stop buying models but your models gives you the joy to tolerate what's happening with your car. I'm sorry for your misfortune but you will have more time to enjoy this lot. You have so many figures I like a lot on it. Very Happy

Aaaaand that is the absolute truth! Collecting and my dogs are the reason I don't lose my mind these days... but there is a bit of give-n-take between being functional in life's issues and finding things to enjoy in life. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 4:50 pm

Ok, this is the last of my splurge for a while.

Misc. finds at local thrift/antique stores, toy sales, ebay, etc. Finally got the other set of Toymany cats! Maybe not as exciting breeds as the other but very nice models anyhow.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next are a lot of Noah's pals! One big lot on ebay that went under the radar and I got it for cheap! The small species are so SMALL!!! Lots of the harder to find models. Only downside is the musk ox female has lost her bos... oh well. The bears came in a different lot but for a similarly cheaper price than usual.

And lastly, another lot that went under the radar.... it included some fantastic K&Ms as well as other models I wanted/needed and some oddities. Some unbranded items, things I have never seen before... these are the kinds of lots I enjoy because there is so many weird things in it!

And this wraps up the new addition for a bit I think.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 4:58 pm

Great additions. Special congrats for the rare K&M Madagascar figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 5:42 pm

Fantastic additions especially the Noah's Pals and the K&M models!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 6:27 pm

Thank you both. :) Its not a complete Madagascar set, but it has the interesting mammals from it at least. :)

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2023 6:39 pm

I like alot the Noah's pals and this indian elephant! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2023 6:47 pm

Thank you Alain! Its a very nice model but it is a weird plastic and hollow... alas, I like the sculpt a lot so I decided to keep it.

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2023 11:17 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Next are a lot of Noah's pals! One big lot on ebay that went under the radar and I got it for cheap! The small species are so SMALL!!! Lots of the harder to find models. Only downside is the musk ox female has lost her bos... oh well. The bears came in a different lot but for a similarly cheaper price than usual.

Congratulations on your new friends Paige!

Great to see the Noah's Pals, lots of very interesting models in there, those Musk Ox are beautiful and the antelopes.
Is that a grey hare there? It looks beautiful! Is it also a Noah pal?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 12:18 am

Yes he is! I was going to post their family portrait on my TCC thread soon to show his size (he is quite small). There is a companion for it as this whole series are pairs but in this lot a handful of figures had lost their companions.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 3:08 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Roger wrote:

Aaaaand that is the absolute truth! Collecting and my dogs are the reason I don't lose my mind these days... but there is a bit of give-n-take between being functional in life's issues and finding things to enjoy in life. :)

Give a big hug to your dogs from me. As for you, you've got my hug whenever you want. flower
Will you tell us about your unbranded figures? Wink

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 11:48 pm

Marvellous figures, I want the butterfly and the okapi. cheers cheers

Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 26, 2023 7:18 pm

Wow some great additions since I was here last! I'm so sorry to hear about your cat and your car both, I hope those things are going better now.

Congrats on finding some rarities and things you have been looking for! :) I see the red ruff here that I was asking about in the other thread, I suppose it's K&M? That looks like a really cool set. And I absolute love that teeny tiny skunk in the last photo, as well as all the Noah's Pals, they have such a cool style.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 6:12 am

Thank you everyone (belated). :)

My Christmas additions for myself. Wink

I was a bit jealous of a STS Forum friend's anniversary Secretariat Stablemate that when I was surpised by seeing one in person locally I had to get one. I love this athlete's story, and its a lovely tribute to him. Then, I tried to grab some Schleich when they had a sale but got bitten instead... You can see that unfortunate story unfold in the Schleich topic. I will be waiting to present said special edition reindeer until I decide what to do with my current model. The tiger is really nice actually, excepting that it has red eyes (why?!?) and unpainted foot pads. The postosuchus I decided to try out after seeing praise on the DTF... honestly, I much prefer the Safari figure anyway. The spring calf however is everything I needed! A little burst of color, sunshine, and serotonin to boost my winter.
[url="https://postimg.cc/G82kH1s3"][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]

Then I treated myself to some Papo figures after a very generous exchange with an STS forum friend. I wanted to do some Papo wishlist catching up, although HappyHenToys didn't have many of the older models I still miss (apparently the red macaw is retired? If anyone knows where to get one I would appreciate it). After perusing and trying to finalize my choices... I surprised myself. Not sure what came over me but I am sure glad it did; I decided to snag a few models I have told myself for years I didn't need... and they turned out to be gorgeous! The polar bears are some of the best, the elephant calf is actually SUPERB, and one sneaky CollectA Chow I always put off for unknown reasons even though its a breed I missed. To boot, the more recent sculpts by Papo are truly mesmerizing. Pandas are one of those animals that just don't generate much interest in me because of their oversaturated fan-fare... This absolutely is now one of my favorite models of this year. You have to see it to believe it! Plus, baby emu, mommy emu, a nautilus, and my favorite galliform? Don't threaten me with a good time. Wink

[url="https://postimg.cc/7JJ0nMVp"][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]

And then the bulk of my purchase... I got cow fever. I always liked the older sculpts of the salers and blonde d'aquitaine, but just never pulled the trigger. Along with the Montebeliarde and what I thought was an underwhelming Scottish Highland, I am SO glad I did! The whole salers family are simply gorgeous, and I got the other half of the spanish bull pair. Now instead of counting sheep at night I can count all my new bos!

[url="https://postimg.cc/tZMF6mh3"][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 6:49 am

Wonderful additions! Yes sadly the Papo red macaw is retired. I've always had trouble figuring out what Papo figures were retired in the past. Maybe I will compare the 2023 & 2024 catalogues.

I checked my usual websites and don't see the macaw anywhere. Found these on eBay but they're around $20 each.

Red Macaw

Red Macaw 2

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 7:45 am

Many treasures again. Especially the K&M and Noahs Pals

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 11:29 am

I know it is easy to tell because I already missed a lot of Papo models but the rule is simple. If you like a Papo, buy it immediately. There are two reasons to do it, first, the earlier production batches are often much better painted and the 2nd reason is that when a Papo figure is retired, it turns completely impossible to find. Sometimes they are still in the catalogue but distributors are not receiving them anymore.
I think Jolie's links are interesting options to you get the macaw since it is retired since 2018.
I've been updating and checking carefully the information on TAW regarding Papo figures availability, I'm almost completing the information with the 2024 catalogue now and you can trust it. Sections like Wildlife, Garden, Aquatic, Dogs & Cats are close to perfection.
Atention because the golden lion tamarin, horned lizard and kingfisher are being retired in 2024. All of them are rare species and those considering them, should get them as soon as possible.

Nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 11:38 am

Joliezac wrote:

Wonderful additions! Yes sadly the Papo red macaw is retired. I've always had trouble figuring out what Papo figures were retired in the past. Maybe I will compare the 2023 & 2024 catalogues.

I checked my usual websites and don't see the macaw anywhere. Found these on eBay but they're around $20 each.
 You can find it here with much better price:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 6:33 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Yes he is! I was going to post their family portrait on my TCC thread soon to show his size (he is quite small). There is a companion for it as this whole series are pairs but in this lot a handful of figures had lost their companions.

ah that's amazing Paige!! thank you for letting me know, I shall put them on my wishlist:)

and congratulations on your xmas additions and getting that race horse! some very lovely models in there and I like the panda too. It is a very nice expressive figure for a panda model.
The baby ele is a cutie! and the polar bears look very detailed with good proportions.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 10:16 pm

Great additions especially the Papo cattle!! cheers cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 6:20 pm

Thank you everyone! It seems for thr macaw its one of those that slipped my radar and now I either pay a lot of a piece of plastic or I pay a lot for shipping it. Rolling Eyes

Thank you everyone!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 4:43 am

My last additions for the year. I went and spoilt myself on Toymany and a handful of ebay finds!

Tomany first. :)

And then here are my Ebay finds! ERTL and one lonely Colorata.
Each lab came with 2 tiny ERTL ducks, the yellow one had a retrieving toy also. The pointer came with the pheasants. The turkey came with a miniscule turkey call mimic tool. And then the maned wolf knocks that off the list!

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 5:54 am

Congrats! Now I'm going to go buy some Toymany sets Laughing

Those ducks are so small!

Great additions cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 10:04 am

Where do you get these ToyMany penguins? The link Jolie provided is affordable but they're out of stock and the links I get show them for a far more expensive prices.
Congratulations, despite the hard times for you, I believe 2023 was a great year for your collection. :)

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*
Page 23 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next