Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Britains farm animals

Go down 
+3
widukind
SUSANNE
Taos
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Britains farm animals Empty
PostSubject: Britains farm animals   Britains farm animals EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 4:57 pm

My heavy horses,but not the Shires
The Clydesdale and Suffolk Punch
2 others and the Percheron
Britains farm animals 05420
Britains farm animals 05319
The pigs
Mixture of Large white,British lop and possibly Landrace
Saddleback and possibly Hampshire
Pietrain
Large Black
The last one is a lead model is a Berkshire.

Britains farm animals 04632
Britains farm animals 04227
Britains farm animals 04519
Britains farm animals 04429
Britains farm animals 04724

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Britains farm animals   Britains farm animals EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 7:54 pm

Hurraaay !!! Britains, of course made SO many kinds of pigs cheers

I love th horses also ...keep'em comming, Taylor Wink

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Britains farm animals   Britains farm animals EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 9:16 pm

Congratulations Taylor

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Britains farm animals   Britains farm animals EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 12:21 am

When I see those old pigs from Britains, faithful to their breeds, I always think about the way the toy animal hobby regreted from Britains era to "Schleich & related" period. I know those modern toys have a better finish quality but for instance, pigs were during a long time quite generic. Pink pigs to everyone. Laughing Our hobby has changed these last years and now we have a huge diversity but Britains with some farm animals and Starlux with prehistoric and wildlife also offered a fantastic era to collectors.

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Britains farm animals   Britains farm animals EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 1:05 pm

Three generations of Britains pigs! You've got a great selection.

The 1993 "pink" pigs without spots were indeed sold as Landrace pigs, the 1993 spotted pigs as Gloucestershire old spot pigs. I don't know about the 1993 black pigs, I just put them on TAW as "Large black pigs".

Would you mind taking photos of the 1993 Gloucestershire old spot pig with head up (there are two in your 3rd pigs photo) and 1993 black pig with head up (4th pigs photo) for TAW? They are still missing, I don't have them. We are also still looking for the 1993 Landrace pig head down (but it isn't in your photos, so perhaps you don't have it either). Also, the 1958 brown field horse in your second photo isn't in TAW yet. 

The Berkshire pig in the last photo isn't Britains; I don't know the brand, but it looks realistic too.

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Britains farm animals   Britains farm animals EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 9:48 pm

Wow, love these britains animals!! Never seen some of them, congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Britains farm animals   Britains farm animals EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 10:19 pm

Thank you all friends.
Roger-thanks again for the great info.I was debating about the spotted pigs-I was originally going to go with GOS but the shadowing or halo effect is more characteristic of the Pietrain
I will get the photos of the models for you at the weekend and will check about the Landrace with the head down but I have a feeling I may not have it.
Good to know about the Berkshire-I just assumed it was Britains-I have another one but the markings aren't so good on it.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Britains farm animals   Britains farm animals EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 10:30 pm

Thanks, Taylor. No hurry of course.

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Britains farm animals   Britains farm animals EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 3:46 am

The last black pig is Britains, hollowcast lead. They made them in pink and black.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Britains farm animals   Britains farm animals EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 9:46 am

Thank you for the information and welcome to the forum! I hadn't realised it was lead and obviously, I don't know a thing the Britains lead series! Do you have a Britains lead collection? It would be great to see more Britains lead models on the forum.

thebritfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Britains farm animals   Britains farm animals EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 7:46 pm

Thanks for the welcome, I do have a small collection of lead Britains both Farm and Zoo. I collect anything that is Britains to be honest even their recent farm and toy soldiers :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Britains farm animals   Britains farm animals EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 8:03 pm

thebritfarmer wrote:
The last black pig is Britains, hollowcast lead. They made them in pink and black.

Welcome here :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Britains farm animals   Britains farm animals EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 10:17 pm

thebritfarmer wrote:
Thanks for the welcome, I do have a small collection of lead Britains both Farm and Zoo. I collect anything that is Britains to be honest even their recent farm and toy soldiers :)
Good to hear. I think they haven't made toy soldiers for a while: do you collect the W. Britain lead soldiers? They are beautifully made.
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Britains farm animals   Britains farm animals EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 10:37 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
thebritfarmer wrote:
Good to hear. I think they haven't made toy soldiers for a while: do you collect the W. Britain lead soldiers? They are beautifully made.

They still make toy soldiers not as much as they did years ago though. I don't have any of the hollowcast soldiers but some of the newer ones from the 1980s and up
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Britains farm animals   Britains farm animals EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 4:20 pm

Some more
Welsh cobs
Britains farm animals 00771

Thoroughbreds or riding horses-can remember what they were marketed as! Smile
Britains farm animals 00871

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Britains farm animals   Britains farm animals EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 4:28 pm

They are beautyful drunken

thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Britains farm animals   Britains farm animals EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 6:14 pm

Very nice.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Britains farm animals   Britains farm animals EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 9:06 pm

Great collection of the later Britains horses. I think Britains sold the horses in the last photo as thoroughbreds.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Britains farm animals   Britains farm animals EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 9:15 pm

Thank you all and thanks again Roger for the info on the horses.

PostSubject: Re: Britains farm animals   Britains farm animals Empty

Back to top Go down

Britains farm animals
Page 1 of 1