Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!

Go down 
+7
Caracal
rogerpgvg
SUSANNE
Roger
Pardofelis
widukind
Joliezac
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons! Empty
PostSubject: Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!   Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:02 am

When I discovered Colorata's wonderful sets not too long ago, the coral reef fish set quickly became the one I wanted the most.

After the set went on sale on Amazon, I just had to finally get it, and today it arrived!

Sealife has always fascinated me but I don't have too much variety when it comes to fish. Major brands often choose common species and they are a little larger than I'd like them to be. This set is wonderful because there is a very nice variety of species and range of sizes. Pegs allow them to look like they are "swimming" which I love!

Sorry if I post too many photos but I just had to take loads of pictures when I opened this set up, its stunning!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First up, the wonderful Humphead Wrasse!

I love the colors on this model! Here is a comparison with Safari's Goliath grouper & Mojo's own Humphead Wrasse.

Next up some beautiful yellow boxfish!

These are so wonderfully detailed and the small yellow one is so tiny, about the size of my thumbnail!

Here is CollectA's yellow boxfish for comparison, you can really see how tiny the little boxfish is in comparison!

Next a beautiful Emperor Angelfish & a juvenile!! (a new species in my collection!)

Since I didn't have another angelfish I compared it with the Yowies Blue Damselfish, almost the same size as the adult angelfish.

Then a very colorful stonefish! + a comparison with Safari's TOOB stonefish

Next up a Moorish idol & Saddle Butterflyfish!
Compared with Papo's Moorish Idol & Schleich's foxface rabbitfish

A beautiful, translucent Zebra Lionfish! Another new species in my collection, I just adore the fins on this figure  I love you
Compared with Schleich's small blue tang and Yowie's yellow tang.

A personal favorite of mine because of my childhood favorite movie.. The Common Clownfish! I just love that I got a pair of them and that they have an anemone included! Compared with Schleich's clownfish they are almost the same size, Yowie's is a bit larger.

I have always loved eels and ribbon eels are just so stunning, they don't even look like a real animal to me. This was certainly one of the highlights of this set, and I love everything in the set!
Compared with Schleich's moray? eel

One of my favorite species in aquariums are garden eels. I just love how there is a group of them popping their heads out of the sand, I could honestly watch them for hours. I was very excited to get these and just can't wait to cover them in some sand on my future reef shelf.  Laughing
Again with the Schleich eel.

Another personal favorite, a yellownose prawn goby with its pal a pistol shrimp! I really love watching these species interact on Animal Planet and I'm very excited to have them in figure form. The goby is so small!

Then last but certainly not least, the clown triggerfish! I remember getting the Safari IC queen & clown triggerfish at the Monterey Bay Aquarium in California many years ago, and they are very sentimental to me. With me recently finding Safari's flippers & fins queen triggerfish I was so happy to have another special figure with me, and now that I have this clown triggerfish, I have the pair but as a smaller version! I absolutely love them  I love you

I can't wait to add all these wonderful fish to a future reef display, they are an amazing set and I was very surprised at the level of detail when many of the figures are so tiny. I tried to do as many helpful comparisons as I could but if anyone has any questions about specific sizes feel free to ask!

I don't think these are on TAW so I can get some photos of them with Lego Bricks Very Happy

Sorry for so many images and a long post but I thought these little fish really deserved it  Wink

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!   Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 7:12 am

I really like this set

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!   Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 7:19 am

They're absolutely stunning, and very colorful! I like especially the family of various-brand clownfishes, they match good together as adults and juveniles.
Wait, ribbon morays lacks pectoral fins? Ouch, I did pectoral fins in my homemade one Sad I must see if I can cut and erase them.
I wish every of these figures were a third smaller, then they could match in my collection! The only one with adequate size for me is the Napoleon wrasse but I have another brand favorite for this species :) But as you know, it's very wished for me the toob-sized queen triggetfish! Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!   Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 12:41 pm

I only have one Colorata set but I always loved these Colorata figures and their sets. I was yesterday checking on TAW a few frog sets and while most are just boring in terms of sculpt and species choices, Colorata's set is really distinctive and superior in all regards. The same goes to this set with very beautiful figures. I will try to upload your pictures on TAW, this set is really missing.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!   Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 2:23 pm

They are phenomenal ! And not one picture tuu much Wink

I love them all, - the lionfish and ribbon eel a little most Very Happy

But for some reason garden eels always frighten me. So mych that I feel a little nauseous pale

Thankyou for sharing ! flower

Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!   Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 5:09 pm

Thank you everyone!

Colorata's frog & reef fish set really drew me to them, I hope to get the frogs at some point it looks like a fantastic set!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!   Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 5:53 pm

Look !
They are alreadt in TAW cheers

Great page thanks to Jolie's great photos and Rogers artistic abilities Wink

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!   Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 5:54 pm

Beautiful set and photos! Good to see it on TAW too.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!   Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 12:11 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Look !
They are alreadt in TAW cheers

Great page thanks to Jolie's great photos and Rogers artistic abilities Wink

Laughing Artistic are the models and even Jolie's pictures are more artistic than my job on TAW. Wink
though, I am glad you enjoy the page layout.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!   Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 5:37 pm

Wonderful models, thank you for sharing! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Koikinguu

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!   Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 6:59 am

I prefer the yujin set with the inclusion of the blue Tang and the porcupine puffer but both sets mesh well togethet
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!   Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 9:54 am

Must-have models for a fish lover, Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
As Koikinguu says Yujin's set goes perfectly with this set and also remains unmissable! sunny Wink
Back to top Go down
Koikinguu

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!   Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 12:20 pm

lucky luke wrote:
Must-have models for a fish lover,   Very Happy  Applause  cheers  Cool
As Koikinguu says Yujin's set goes perfectly with this set and also remains unmissable! sunny Wink
Yujin has the finding Nemo gang, a grouper and a pineapple fish while Colorata has symbiosis, adult + juvenile fish and a marine angelfish
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!   Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 5:36 pm

This set is one of my favourite Colorata box, I'm always happy to see the Japanese plague spreading among new collectors.

I'm also happy I forget to picture my own set so TAW have a great page with very good pics from you Very Happy

The Frogs set (and the Sea turtles one too Wink) are must have and I agree with Koikinguu, the Yujin sets are awesome too and can complete exquisitelythe Colorata ones.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!   Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 5:42 pm

Oh, I love garden eels, it is so cool to see them as a figure. cheers This whole set is stunning, and so small!!

Last edited by Jill on Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!   Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 7:10 pm

I just looked up that Yujin set and wow!! That one is lovely too, it had the Finding Nemo gang I love that!! Sadly it seems to be expensive/hard to find.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], thank you! I love the frogs and certainly want to get them. It seems like there are 3? Different sea turtle sets? I really love the one with the coral stands that includes adults and hatchlings. Can’t seem to find it though so it must be discontinued. I have the green sea turtle and leatherback from that set from a sale from Loon Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Koikinguu

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!   Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 7:12 pm

Joliezac wrote:
I just looked up that Yujin set and wow!! That one is lovely too, it had the Finding Nemo gang I love that!! Sadly it seems to be expensive/hard to find.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], thank you! I love the frogs and certainly want to get them. It seems like there are 3? Different sea turtle sets? I really love the one with the coral stands that includes adults and hatchlings. Can’t seem to find it though so it must be discontinued. I have the green sea turtle and leatherback from that set from a sale from Loon Very Happy
The yujin sets are long retired
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!   Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 7:18 pm

Ah well that would explain it! Maybe I’ll get lucky and find it one day Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!   Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons! Empty

Back to top Go down

Colorata Reef Fish Walkaround With Comparisons!
Page 1 of 1