Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Britains Repaints

Go down 
+13
Leoo Past
sunny
Chris Sweetman
Bonnie
Morek
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
rogerpgvg
Taos
Roger
Caracal
George
thebritfarmer
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

Britains Repaints - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 1:44 am

I found these while digging through some stuff. Must be at least 15 years since I painted them.

A white Tiger

Britains Repaints - Page 2 28950410

and a Fjord horse

Britains Repaints - Page 2 28954310
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 2:01 am

Really nice to find such old repaints! Very Happy They're quite nice and friendly looking. Very Happy

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 8:48 pm

Very nice repaints!!

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 10:16 pm

Thank you :)
Back to top Go down
Morek

Morek

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 3:48 pm

Love this topic! Gorgeous repaints:)I have tried some myself…Britains Repaints - Page 2 832c7710
Britains Repaints - Page 2 F5504e10
Britains Repaints - Page 2 D1a1ea10
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 5:23 pm

Very Happy Wonderful repaints and displays! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 7:45 pm

Fantastic! I especially love the turkeys and black-and-white striped chickens. What is the breed of the chickens? My parents had them when I was a child. One suggestion. I say this as an admirer of your repaints and hope it doesn't come across as negative criticism. I'd repaint the turkey and chicken bases as well so you don't see the paint loss or where they have broken off. I think I saw these before, did you sell them on Ebay?

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 11:25 pm

Well done and welcome on forum. Very Happy

Morek

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2022 12:02 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Fantastic! I especially love the turkeys and black-and-white striped chickens. What is the breed of the chickens? My parents had them when I was a child. One suggestion. I say this as an admirer of your repaints and hope it doesn't come across as negative criticism. I'd repaint the turkey and chicken bases as well so you don't see the paint loss or where they have broken off. I think I saw these before, did you sell them on Ebay?

Thank you, I’m new to model restoration but I’m trying to learn as much as I can. I do love to watch other people work so I can learn myself. I appreciate your suggestions. It will help to improve my work. I also do missing body parts so I was really enjoying watching Alan’s work! Well done! And thank you for your tutorials…it was a reason I joined so I could see your photos;) Laughing
Chickens are Plymouth Rock. I use to keep loads of chickens breeds as I grow up on the farm.
Yes I sell my models on eBay to raise money to cover the costs of my hobby and to buy more models in need of restoration! I love Britains but I do others as well.
Hallo to everyone and thank you for nice comments.
Back to top Go down
Morek

Morek

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2022 12:06 am

Roger wrote:
Well done and welcome on forum. Very Happy

Hi Roger! Thank you… sunny
Back to top Go down
Morek

Morek

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2022 9:10 am

Britains Repaints - Page 2 957a6610
Britains Repaints - Page 2 2cd3cf10
Britains Repaints - Page 2 28cd1c10
Some photos of before and after repainting… one of my first models. It is from my work bench so not the best display sorry…
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2022 4:43 pm

You gave a new life to these oldies but good models! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2022 5:07 pm

Really lovely, delicate repaints! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2022 9:52 pm

Wonderful collection of repaints!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Morek

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 9:16 am

Old zebra repaint. I start with black as zebras are really black with white straps:)Britains Repaints - Page 2 418f4610
Britains Repaints - Page 2 93fab710
Britains Repaints - Page 2 Eaa5f710
Back to top Go down
Morek

Morek

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 9:19 am

Britains Repaints - Page 2 8dac5e10
Britains Repaints - Page 2 Dc0af910
Britains Repaints - Page 2 Ad90c310
Slowly adding more straps:)
Back to top Go down
Morek

Morek

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 9:20 am

Some before and after photo…will make better one when I will finish.Britains Repaints - Page 2 53e72010
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 7:16 pm

Morek wrote:
Some before and after photo…will make better one when I will finish.Britains Repaints - Page 2 53e72010

Outstanding work Morek. Truly inspirational.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 10:47 pm

Absolutely correct. One of the things I notice about zebra figures, is that the use of the white as the base color turns them somewhat unrealistic and they always look more white than they should. Zebras are really black with white strips as you mentioned. If I could just give you a little suggestion is that on hind quarters, the black parts should be wider than the white or at least wider than the "black strips" in the rest of the body. It doesn't mean you won't find zebras with this pattern, it is not just the most common for a plains zebra and that's just a detail. Being completely unable of painting, I hope my little suggestion does not sound unpolite.
It is just looking amazing! Very Happy

Morek

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 11:22 pm

Roger wrote:
Absolutely correct. One of the things I notice about zebra figures, is that the use of the white as the base color turns them somewhat unrealistic and they always look more white than they should. Zebras are really black with white strips as you mentioned. If I could just give you a little suggestion is that on hind quarters, the black parts should be wider than the white or at least wider than the "black strips" in the rest of the body. It doesn't mean you won't find zebras with this pattern, it is not just the most common for a plains zebra and that's just a detail. Being completely unable of painting, I hope my little suggestion does not sound unpolite.
Will do like you said just on some other model. It will be less straps when I make them wider or the rest of the body have to have smaller straps. thank you for your suggestions, much appreciated! This are like little treasure which help me to get better with repainting 🙏🙏🙏Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 12:00 am

Morek wrote:
Roger wrote:
Will do like you said just on some other model. It will be less straps when I make them wider or the rest of the body have to have smaller straps. thank you for your suggestions, much appreciated! This are like little treasure which help me to get better with repainting 🙏🙏🙏Like a Star @ heaven

Oh, you're right. Nothing better than an experienced painter. Actually, looking it closer, the strips are good, it is actually the strips on the middle who should be narrower which would give the impression the hind quarter strips are wider. Though, with so many subspecies, there's a huge variation about strips.
My first Britains models were almost unpainted, I remember asking people on forum to repaint my giraffe and other models. They are so nicely sculpted and with a great paintjob, they look really fantastic.
I gave up because double postage more a fair payment to the painter, turned the operation a little expensive. Lucky you that you can do it yourself.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 11:58 am

The zebra is really really impressive cheers It gives justice to Britains sculpture.

And I love to watch the making of Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 4:22 pm

Wonderful repaint! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 6:07 pm

The Britains early version zebra is perfect for repainting because the original painting is very simplistic and has usually been rubbed off. You have done a fantastic job. As Rogério already said, the white on the black base layer looks great. I notice a lot of horses in the background lining up for a hair dye!

Morek

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 8:03 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
The Britains early version zebra is perfect for repainting because the original painting is very simplistic and has usually been rubbed off. You have done a fantastic job. As Rogério already said, the white on the black base layer looks great. I notice a lot of horses in the background lining up for a hair dye!
Yes not only hair dye but also new tails, ears and other body parts which got missing over the years.�👂👀 it is like Britains hospital here! I accept all  even those with children teeth marks around their body…
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Britains Repaints
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next