Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question on what real animal these Schleich Bayala resemble closest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheWholeCollection

TheWholeCollection

Country/State : USA

Question on what real animal these Schleich Bayala resemble closest Empty
PostSubject: Question on what real animal these Schleich Bayala resemble closest   Question on what real animal these Schleich Bayala resemble closest EmptyMon May 02, 2022 9:04 pm

Hello,
I'm trying to decide which fantasy animal figures to add to my deer and wolf collections. Many of the figures are clearly similar to deer or wolves but I was unsure on these ones.

So what real animals (living or extinct) do these look closest to?

Deer, Antelope Horse Foal or other?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Schleich Bayala striped foal

Schleich Bayala asian being

Big cat (Tiger, Lynx, lion) deer, Wolf or other?
Schleich Bayala ice sleigh

Schleich Bayala Mohinya

Please let me know, and thank you in advance!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Question on what real animal these Schleich Bayala resemble closest   Question on what real animal these Schleich Bayala resemble closest EmptyTue May 03, 2022 1:33 am

For a wolf and deer collector? It is not easy at all.
The first is basically a foal, thus, a horse. Those antler like structures do not make it a deer, unless there is a Bayala description that mentions it.
Second one is probably based on the myths around the Asian antelopes. Some people tell they're the origin of the unicorn. Especially the Shiru antelope. I don't know what Antilar means but if it was cervilar we could think about a deer. Actually, it is not impossible to see a fawn on it but deer and antelope youngsters look alike.
ice sleigh has ear tufts but I am convinced it is a dog. Inspired in a sled dog or in a Polar wolf. I'd probably get it if I was a tolerant wolf collector.
Mohinya must be one of these guys who are elected to the Portuguese Parliament that nobody can find when something important is being discussed. Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Question on what real animal these Schleich Bayala resemble closest   Question on what real animal these Schleich Bayala resemble closest EmptyTue May 03, 2022 8:07 am

My immediate thought is : Horse, antelope, lynx, wolf scratch Laughing

TheWholeCollection

TheWholeCollection

PostSubject: Re: Question on what real animal these Schleich Bayala resemble closest   Question on what real animal these Schleich Bayala resemble closest EmptyTue May 03, 2022 4:54 pm

Thank you for your advice!
We seem to have a similar take on the animals these resemble!

My original thoughts had been that the striped foal was more foal than fawn, when compared to more deer-like Bayala figures, but then those antler....confused braids? Made me question it. It's interesting to know that you both thought it a horse Foal as well!

I've always thought the Asian being looked more like an antelope than a deer, but then I hadn't heard about the Asian antelope before, very cool to know that now! study  I still might get this one, but if I do I'll probably add it last for the fantasy deer.

At first I thought the sleigh animal was a wolf.... but upon closer inspection I've decided it might be more of the lynx variety. (I've also seen online where people reselling these call it a "ice tiger" and another repainted it to resemble a lynx).

Mohinya I'm going to agree with wolf on this one! Very Happy

Thank you again, your advice has been very helpful for this decision!
Back to top Go down
TheWholeCollection

TheWholeCollection

PostSubject: Re: Question on what real animal these Schleich Bayala resemble closest   Question on what real animal these Schleich Bayala resemble closest EmptyTue May 03, 2022 5:05 pm

Re: Roger  
Mohinya must be one of these guys who are elected to the Portuguese Parliament that nobody can find when something important is being discussed.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question on what real animal these Schleich Bayala resemble closest   Question on what real animal these Schleich Bayala resemble closest Empty

Back to top Go down

Question on what real animal these Schleich Bayala resemble closest
Page 1 of 1