Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

light restoration of a lineol monument

Go down 
+3
George
Jill
Caracal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

light restoration of a lineol monument Empty
PostSubject: light restoration of a lineol monument   light restoration of a lineol monument EmptyMon May 30, 2022 2:55 pm

Some times ago, I received a wonderful gift from Rogério, the Lineol common eland since he had two. With my WePAM paste, I tried to repare some craks the time had caused on its legs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks to Rogério, I have now one of the best monuments of mass models production and of all animals models production! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: light restoration of a lineol monument   light restoration of a lineol monument EmptyMon May 30, 2022 3:04 pm

What a handsome figure, and even better with your restorative work. It looks great! This guy has a very archaic look to him, like artwork on pottery. I love it!
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: light restoration of a lineol monument   light restoration of a lineol monument EmptyMon May 30, 2022 3:05 pm

Superb work, not just the filling of the cracks but I really can't see where the new paint meets the old, you've mastered the invisible repair.
And I do love a restoration which preserves and values the original finish, even if it's not in perfect 'as new' condition - the whole point of collecting vintage figures is their age and history, so it seems the right thing to do to keep as much of the genuine surface as possible, a sympathetic repair which respects age and authenticity while stabilising breaks or touching up disfiguring damage.

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: light restoration of a lineol monument   light restoration of a lineol monument EmptyMon May 30, 2022 3:09 pm

Jill wrote:
What a handsome figure, and even better with your restorative work. It looks great! This guy has a very archaic look to him, like artwork on pottery. I love it!

Thank you Jill! :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: light restoration of a lineol monument   light restoration of a lineol monument EmptyMon May 30, 2022 3:11 pm

George wrote:
Superb work, not just the filling of the cracks but I really can't see where the new paint meets the old, you've mastered the invisible repair.
And I do love a restoration which preserves and values the original finish, even if it's not in perfect 'as new' condition - the whole point of collecting vintage figures is their age and history, so it seems the right thing to do to keep as much of the genuine surface as possible, a sympathetic repair which respects age and authenticity while stabilising breaks or touching up disfiguring damage.

Thank you George, you exactly wrote the intention of my little restoration! :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: light restoration of a lineol monument   light restoration of a lineol monument EmptyMon May 30, 2022 4:07 pm

I love to see this kind of restoration. Great work!!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: light restoration of a lineol monument   light restoration of a lineol monument EmptyMon May 30, 2022 7:08 pm

Thank you Paige! :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: light restoration of a lineol monument   light restoration of a lineol monument EmptyMon May 30, 2022 8:01 pm

affraid WOW !!!!!

This fantastic model has arrived in the perfect place : You restored him into a true monument cheers

What you have done is simply amazing ! Applause Applause

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: light restoration of a lineol monument   light restoration of a lineol monument EmptyMon May 30, 2022 10:44 pm

.. but quite easy to do Susanne! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: light restoration of a lineol monument   light restoration of a lineol monument EmptyTue May 31, 2022 1:07 am

I received a 2nd one as a gift from Christophe and I remember perfectly my huge joy the first time I received one of these Lineol monuments. So, I also wanted to give this joy to someone instead of having two. A few circunstances suggested you could be the right person, my only fear would be if you decided to give those ultra realistic paintjobs you give to your models. No, I don't mean it was wrong and it would always be your choice. Though, I think these monuments, as you correctly called yours, deserve a sensate restoration work as it happens with the old churches or castles where the original aspect is tendencially preserved. You did a great job, it preserves its original splendour and surely looks nicer with these cracks corrected. Thus, I am also very happy for finding the right place for my first eland. Very Happy

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: light restoration of a lineol monument   light restoration of a lineol monument EmptyTue May 31, 2022 2:40 am

superb restoration repairs Alain! I cannot tell at all that the legs were ever damaged, nor the horns!
the eland looks elegant and refined for such a stately specimen:D
that was very kind of Roger to gift it to you:)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: light restoration of a lineol monument   light restoration of a lineol monument EmptyTue May 31, 2022 8:27 am

Roger wrote:
I received a 2nd one as a gift from Christophe and I remember perfectly my huge joy the first time I received one of these Lineol monuments. So, I also wanted to give this joy to someone instead of having two. A few circunstances suggested you could be the right person, my only fear would be if you decided to give those ultra realistic paintjobs you give to your models. No, I don't mean it was wrong and it would always be your choice. Though, I think these monuments, as you correctly called yours, deserve a sensate restoration work as it happens with the old churches or castles where the original aspect is tendencially preserved. You did a great job, it preserves its original splendour and surely looks nicer with these cracks corrected. Thus, I am also very happy for finding the right place for my first eland. Very Happy

Very Happy  many thanks for these kind words and above all, for this wonderful gift Rogério!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: light restoration of a lineol monument   light restoration of a lineol monument EmptyTue May 31, 2022 8:29 am

sunny wrote:
superb restoration repairs Alain! I cannot tell at all that the legs were ever damaged, nor the horns!
the eland looks elegant and refined for such a stately specimen:D
that was very kind of Roger to gift it to you:)

Thank you very much Annette! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: light restoration of a lineol monument   light restoration of a lineol monument Empty

Back to top Go down

light restoration of a lineol monument
Page 1 of 1