Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA  Empty
PostSubject: THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA    THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 2:34 pm

I would like to open (or reopen) this topic with some unknown brands from four very important American locations:

In MEXICO the brand called "Bootleg". Figures with eccentric and strident finishes inspired by molds of other brands.
Also some of their own manufacture...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

From ARGENTINA "Jack Chocolatin", various miniatures (some inspired by miniatures from other brands like Britains or Schelich minis).

There are also larger scale figures with copies made in plastic from molds of Britains figures and from Elastolin composition models.

From URUGUAY the vintage brand Hirinart, with wonders of this style...

And from Brazil... The elusive (for anyone who doesn't live there) Gullivers. This brand has already been discussed on other occasions...

...This is why some time ago I was lamenting that there were not more members from Latin America!!!

So, does anyone have any information about this???
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA    THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 4:30 pm

The Hiriart figures are wonderful. I wish they could be bought separately. They work well with Britains lead figures.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA    THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 6:42 pm

Very very interesting stuff

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA    THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 8:52 pm

Wonderful topc !!!
Yes, we miss more members from Latin America !!!
I knew absolutely zero about Sout American brands before Embarassed
Perhaps Fernando knows more ?

Those models are gorgepus, I am especially crazy aboy that buffalo. Well, I love all those "bootleg" models . Strange name, though Laughing

The Hirinarts are certainly outstanding Very Happy

Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA    THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 9:48 pm

thebritfarmer wrote:
The Hiriart figures are wonderful. I wish they could be bought separately. They work well with Britains lead figures.

They are almost impossible to locate... hopefully at least a catalog or something that documents the figures that were made can be found....
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA    THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 9:48 pm

widukind wrote:
Very very interesting stuff
Yes Andreas, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA    THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 9:51 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Wonderful topc !!!
Yes, we miss more members from Latin America !!!
I knew absolutely zero about Sout American brands before  Embarassed  
Perhaps Fernando knows more ?

Those models are gorgepus, I am especially crazy aboy that buffalo.  Well, I love all those  "bootleg" models . Strange name, though  Laughing

The Hirinarts are certainly outstanding Very Happy

Of course! It's a pity but they are the great unknowns! Well, the Italians also have very interesting "lost" composition figures!
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA    THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 5:21 pm

The Hirinart figures are metallic (lead or pewter) - not plastic/celuloid ones, right?
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA    THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 6:18 pm

jarda wrote:
The Hirinart figures are metallic (lead or pewter) - not plastic/celuloid ones, right?

Yes they are metal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA    THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA  Empty

Back to top Go down

THE “UNKNOWNS” OF LATIN AMERICA
Page 1 of 1