Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON??? Empty
PostSubject: PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON???   PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON??? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 9:32 am

Express question! The figures marked on the base as "Procon" are exactly the same as CollectA?
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON???   PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON??? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 11:43 am

Yes, Procon was the parent company of CollectA and their early models used to be marked as Procon.

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON???   PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON??? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 6:40 pm

Roger wrote:
Yes, Procon was the parent company of CollectA and their early models used to be marked as Procon.

Thanks Roger! And the paint finishes are the same?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON???   PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON??? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 6:57 pm

I never noticed any difference between two similar models with either marking.

They were manufacured the same place, so most probably nothing else changed at that time.

What happened since is another matter.
There was a period where the paintwork was peeling something terrible, but I can't think of a reason why it should have anything to do with the name. scratch

Last edited by SUSANNE on Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON???   PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON??? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 8:24 pm

Thanks for the info, Susanne! Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON???   PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON??? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 10:47 pm

Stripedhyena wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thanks Roger! And the paint finishes are the same?

There are important painting variations but it is not related with the PROCON marking. EarlyCollectA figures were sold also as Epixx in Europe and Nature's Wonders in USA. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] mentioned once Nature's Wonders was the name of the series before being known as CollectA but I think it is the name of the Blip Toys series and likely Blip Toys was selling Procon figures as Nature's Wonders for USA market.
This kind of connections still happen today. CollectA figures are currently being sold as Breyer in USA. Breyer is a Reeves brand.
It is sometimes confuse when companies have different brand names. While Schleich is the name of the company and also the name of the brand, it is easy to link things. Though, it doesn't happen always. I know the Wild Republic brand as part of the K&M International company and we sometimes identify them as Wild Republic and sometimes as K&M because many figures were marked K&M. Though, the correct name of the brand is Wild Republic. Another line we call uncorrectly is the Animals of Australia which is the right name for Science and Nature models. We always assumed Science and Nature as the brand name and Animals of Australia as the collection name. That's wrong, tthe former is the company name while the latter is the brand name. Obviously it won't change on TAW because there's a cultural element on it. and the most popular denomination should prevail.
However, it is not what you want to know. I have two very distinct versions of the barn owl, I will try to see if they're differently marked and I'll let you know.

Edit: I've found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from Susanne and there you can see the same barn owls variations I own. Susanne tells both are marked Procon. I still have the tag of the commonest model and the same tag is branded CollectA and we can find the name Procon too.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON???   PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON??? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 12:02 am

How fun to see that old topic about the owl cheers

Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON???   PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON??? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 12:15 am

Encyclopedias Roger! A thousand thanks for all the information, I love to know these details! And I love the variations of paint on the same model... even if it means double the cost of the engraving 😂
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON???   PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON??? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 9:56 am

Stripedhyena wrote:
Encyclopedias Roger! A thousand thanks for all the information, I love to know these details! And I love the variations of paint on the same model... even if it means double the cost of the engraving 😂

Laughing We are all different volumes of the same encyclopedia, yourself included, it is why our community works so nicely together. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON???   PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON??? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 6:20 pm

Roger wrote:
Stripedhyena wrote:

Laughing We are all different volumes of the same encyclopedia, yourself included, it is why our community works so nicely together. Very Happy

cheers cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON???   PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON??? Empty

Back to top Go down

PROCON... COLLECTA... COLLECTA... PROCON???
Page 1 of 1