Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Looking for cat's sets

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Klaudia199219

Country/State : Poland

Looking for cat's sets Empty
PostSubject: Looking for cat's sets   Looking for cat's sets EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 1:23 am

Hello all,

I am looking for two sets with cats released by Wild Republic / K & M. Does anyone have a set for sale or know where I can buy it online?

I'm looking for this:

87354 Paws & Claws Cats Tube

63152 Cat Tube

Thank you in advance for your help.

Greetings from Poland!
Klaudia
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Looking for cat's sets   Looking for cat's sets EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 1:29 am

Welcome on forum Claudia. I'm sure if someone knows where to find these sets, you'll be informed. Are you collecting cats? Oh, the first female member of STS is also from Poland, our dear [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for cat's sets   Looking for cat's sets EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 9:35 am

Thank you for your reply. Recently, I have decided to go back to collecting figurines more seriously. When I was a child, my parents have been bought me a lot of plastic animals for educational purposes, because I am blind, so they wanted me to know what different animals look like. Yes, I like cats, but there aren't a lot of sets that show the different breeds of cats. I only have a set from Safari LTD, because only this was available in Poland and a few cats that I have from my childhood.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for cat's sets   Looking for cat's sets EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 10:40 am

It is always wonderful when parents can see the educational potential of a toy. Miniatures are surely the best way to show something to a blind person and animals are a good example. It doesn't matter how many times someone tells an elephant is a big animal with a long trunk, large ears and big tusks. When you put an elephant figure in the hands of a blind child, it will be much more informative, efficient and fun.
There are a few cat breeds series and sets. The one Schleich released in 1997 was very popular. Unfortunately they're sought after figures and they turned into expensive collectibles. I like the Papo Siamese, Chartreux and Persian and as they're larger than tube figures, it is easier to see the differences. Maybe the New-Ray My Best Friends Cats are also good for you. One very nice thing about the Wild Republic Paws & Claws tube cats is that all the figures have different poses, some of them really nice.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Looking for cat's sets   Looking for cat's sets EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 4:56 pm

Welcome

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Klaudia199219

PostSubject: Re: Looking for cat's sets   Looking for cat's sets EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 7:25 pm

Can you tell me more about these sets and collections? How much figures they contain, how they have been sold sold as a sets or separate toys? What types of cats are represented?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for cat's sets   Looking for cat's sets EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 12:14 am

Sure, I can tell you what you need, just feel free to ask.

Schleich cat series was released in 1997 but in 2003 all figures were already discontinued.
The 8 different models were sold individually.
Figures are:
- Norwegian Forest Cat, sitting
- Persian cat, lying
- Birman cat, standing
- Maine Coon Cat, standing
- British blue cat, standing
- Burmese cat, standing
- Siamese cat, standing
- Bengal cat, standing

We have been building a website for collectors called Toy Animal Wiki, you can find the page dedicated to Schleich cats on the link below
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Schleich has released many cat figures besides these old retired ones.

The New-Ray My Best Friends Cats were sold in small sets containing different number of figures.
Those we have listed, probably the whole series with 8 cats are:
- Abyssinian Cat
- American Shorthair
- Bombay Cat
- Chartreux
- Himalayan Persian Cat
- Manx
- Scottish Fold
- Snowshoe Cat

Their page at the wiki is on this link

I don't know if you use a braille display or a voice reader but Toy Animal Wiki works relatively well with both once it uses a very simple layout.
Though, we can describe anything you need, namely the poses or colors. There you can find many informations about the sets, availability, etc.

On the next link you can find a list of cat breeds already listed at the wiki. If you click a specific breed, you will find a page with all cats of this breed we have already entered on the website.

Cats without an identified breed are listed here:

A relatively easy to find cat series is the one released by CollectA. It is still available and can be found easily in online shops or with some luck in physical shops.
They are the same size as Schleich and they feature several breeds like: Burmese, Norwegian, Persian, Siamese, Exotic shorthair, often with a few sculpts for each breed.
Those are sold individually and more expensive than tube figures. 4 Euros each or so.
There are many more .

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for cat's sets   Looking for cat's sets EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 1:45 am

These cat sets are wonderful, I wish you very good luck finding them! I will remember you if I see them, as I am often searching for miniature cat figures as well. Very Happy Welcome to the board!
Back to top Go down
Klaudia199219

PostSubject: Re: Looking for cat's sets   Looking for cat's sets EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 9:37 am

Thank you for the comprehensive information. I'll be keeping an eye on the Toy Animal Wiki. I see everything is exactly described. I use voice over and there is no problem.
Now I know everything I wanted.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for cat's sets   Looking for cat's sets EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 1:00 pm

You're welcome, Klaudia!
I'm glad you can use Toy Animal Wiki in an efficient way.
VoiceOVer already provides some image descriptions but they're still far from being accurate but each figure page has text information about the figure. Though, as I told you, feel always free to ask anything you need, there are many things the wiki is not covering yet.

PostSubject: Re: Looking for cat's sets   Looking for cat's sets EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 2:53 pm

I found New Ray cats set on Ebay.
Is it what you recommended?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for cat's sets   Looking for cat's sets EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 4:24 pm

Klaudia, I don't know which exact sale are you refering too.
Those I can find are not the ones I recomended.
There are two important New-Ray Cat series.
The earlier one, from 1990, is known as New-Ray Novelty Cats
These figures are soft and hollow, they feature weird eys, they're transparent balls with irises and pupils painted behind what gives them a creepy look.
Their sculpts are also not very good for you, they look like clay decorative pieces, in a round sitting pose with a flat bottom with a hole. They will look all almost the same for you.
I believe you will enjoy most the 2008 My Best Friends series. Their finish quality is not at the same level as brands like Papo, Schleich or CollectA since they use a softer pvc, but the sculpts are very identifiable to the breed level and they feature nice poses. The Chartreux is in a playful pose, for instance.
Now that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has just posted, I think another interesting series is the Funrise World Famous Cat collection
Jill has just completed it recently and these are slightly larger than Schleich, made of a very good plastic. They're not super realistic but they look great for a 1989 series.

PostSubject: Re: Looking for cat's sets   Looking for cat's sets EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 4:45 pm

The link did not attach. I'll send it to you in a private message.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for cat's sets   Looking for cat's sets EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 4:51 pm

Klaudia, new members can't post links during the first 7 days. I am not sure you can send it through private message either. I'll send you a message with my personal e-mail address if it is easier for you.

PostSubject: Re: Looking for cat's sets   Looking for cat's sets EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 4:57 pm

OK. I can't send it via private message either. You can give your email in a private message.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Looking for cat's sets   Looking for cat's sets EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 5:30 pm

I e-mailed you, Klaudia! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for cat's sets   Looking for cat's sets Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for cat's sets
Page 1 of 1