Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bent legged Breyers

Go down 
+6
Bonnie
Roger
widukind
George
SUSANNE
pipsxlch
10 posters
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Bent legged Breyers Empty
PostSubject: Bent legged Breyers   Bent legged Breyers EmptyMon 12 Sep 2022 - 3:43

I found this guy yesterday while out with my sister. I think the ID is right; he has an ASPCA stamp on his belly which is pretty telling. Too bad the dog and cat weren't still with him! He's Traditional size.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Too bad he has some rubbing, the paint job is nice. I like the crisply defined white markings.

Last edited by pipsxlch on Sun 16 Apr 2023 - 2:51; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Bent legged Breyers   Bent legged Breyers EmptyMon 12 Sep 2022 - 4:35

Congrats, that a cool find! Always exciting to find Breyers second hand! He's a lovely color, it looks like you got the ID correct. :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Bent legged Breyers   Bent legged Breyers EmptyMon 12 Sep 2022 - 8:59

Very beautyful model Very Happy

Congratulations with such a great find!

George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Bent legged Breyers   Bent legged Breyers EmptyMon 12 Sep 2022 - 9:20

I'm not sure where you found the name Commander Riker for this model, but you're right about the ASPCA set. You can see him on this page, about halfway down : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(Commander Riker is a different mould, you can see him part way down this page : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Bent legged Breyers   Bent legged Breyers EmptyMon 12 Sep 2022 - 11:35

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bent legged Breyers   Bent legged Breyers EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022 - 0:05

How can you find so many diversified models? Nice horse, congratulations!

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Bent legged Breyers   Bent legged Breyers EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 21:05

That's a stunning Breyer horses and really wonderful find! cheers The dog from that set if it's the one I think you mean is pretty rare so I'm sure the horse is too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Bent legged Breyers   Bent legged Breyers EmptyFri 16 Sep 2022 - 2:18

Name changed to Cody. The link I clicked on with a quick web search showed the whole set, but called the horse Commander Riker. I don't remember what the site was, just a quick search for 'Breyer ASPCA Quarter horse'.

Rogerio, I really don't know. I just enjoy hunting figures.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Bent legged Breyers   Bent legged Breyers EmptySun 18 Sep 2022 - 19:22

Do ever use Identify Your Breyer? It's an excellent resource for just that. Cody I think is the name of the mold itself - I don't think the ASPCA horse was given a name (not that it matters!).

EDIT: Just kidding, Cody is not the mold name but one of the first releases on the mold, along with Hank and Buster: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Bent legged Breyers   Bent legged Breyers EmptySun 16 Apr 2023 - 2:54

I just found several old cheap Breyers, most with bent legs. Took a chance on them since they were cheap. Traditional sized, one a foal. (The Classic's legs are fine) So hot water is the best thing then? How best to set it? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Bent legged Breyers   Bent legged Breyers EmptySun 16 Apr 2023 - 14:58

Wonderful addition,congrats!!!

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Bent legged Breyers   Bent legged Breyers EmptySun 16 Apr 2023 - 17:11

George had some great advice about how to repair bent legs in Jill's Breyer topic: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Bent legged Breyers   Bent legged Breyers EmptyFri 21 Apr 2023 - 1:56

I haven't had time to try anything yet. This is the batch, $10 for all of them it was worth a try. All except the Quarter horse stud can stand unassisted, it's 1 leg bent on each.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Bent legged Breyers   Bent legged Breyers EmptyFri 21 Apr 2023 - 4:47

I love my Arab mare. Razz I am curious to hear what works for you... I fear for mine still in storage. What a Face

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Bent legged Breyers   Bent legged Breyers EmptySun 23 Apr 2023 - 15:41

Lovely Breyers!! Smile Smile

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Bent legged Breyers   Bent legged Breyers EmptyWed 26 Apr 2023 - 2:16

Nice lot for that price, I hope you're able to get them back into shape! Man o' War is such a handsome old model.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bent legged Breyers   Bent legged Breyers Empty

Back to top Go down

Bent legged Breyers
Page 1 of 1