Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eyscota and Toymany Puppies

Go down 
+7
Kikimalou
sunny
pipsxlch
Bowhead Whale
widukind
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Eyscota and Toymany Puppies Empty
PostSubject: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 5:14 pm

Hello friends! I wanted to post this real quick before I head in to work. I ordered both of these off Amazon and they came the little boxes pictured respectively. The upper group with the larger pups came in the "Eyscota" box, and the smaller pups on the bottom row came in the Toymany. They are similar but obviously from different sculptors. Maybe the same manufacturer? Not sure.

breeds pictured: upper group- husky, border collie, german shepherd, beagle, corgie and schnauzer (2 of each). lower group- bernese mt. dog, dalmatian, golden retriever, pug, various mastiffs (variable) and a boxer. pairs of all but the mastiffs and boxer.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

top of box / lid

front (sorry its blurry)

side information panel

manufacturer info?

last side

bottom

Once I get my collection back I plan on sharing comparison photos of the pups with others.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 5:34 pm

Thank you so much for opening this wonderful topic of these wonderful puppies! cheers So interesting to know their brands now and see the boxes they came in! study They are such lovely little pups with a real Japanese charm to them! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 6:53 pm

Very beautieful dogs. And i like this kind of small brand stuff

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 7:02 pm

Are they on TAW?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 8:47 pm

Thanks everyone! No they are not in TAW, brands nor figures.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 9:50 pm

Those really are decent figures. Some of the Toymany ones remind me of the Wing Mau puppes- not exact, but just similar.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptyFri Dec 30, 2022 3:52 am

the expression of those 2 german shepherd pups are super!
pink eyes, pink ears, pink tongues Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptyFri Dec 30, 2022 9:54 am

Nice pets and nice boxes,it's fun to see them with wild and farm animals drawing but full of dogs Shocked

Maybe there is more boxes ? Do you know ?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptyFri Dec 30, 2022 1:22 pm

Thanks for opening this topic and congratulations for your new figures.
That's very interesting, I will try to research a little about those and I like the way they're presented. On a quick search, I've found a funny set of 9 dog figures from Toymany, I think we know them. Wink

French bulldog
Flat-coated Retriever
Wild dog
Boxer
Neapolitan Mastiff
Great Dane
Bull Terrier
Rough Collie
Husky

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptyFri Dec 30, 2022 5:23 pm

I have seen that set also, and theres lots of similar bootlegs out there in strange assortments like this. 

As far as my searches (because I am intrigued by thesw sorts of up and coming unknown Chinese brands) I have not found anymore like these sets yet. I bought these (as opposed to the set Roger presents) because I knew they were unique sculpts and not copies. I want to give artists their due credit when I can since we don't understand how the licensing of moulds works in business deals so I generally try to avoid copies where I recognize them. Anyhow, they are very nice little dogs.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptyFri Dec 30, 2022 11:43 pm

That's true Paige and naturally I'm not judging you or anyone for buying figures from knock-off oriented brands. Also, that's true, we can't be sure how things work. I witnessed here many times brands from copying others and after getting better information, we figured out that the spirit of the business was completely different from what we thought before.
I wouldn't mind having this version of the Safari wild dog, I have the original one and it is not our task to identify which ones are copies or not. This brand also sells a version of the Papo ocelot. If I didn't have the Papo version, I could easily get tempted to get the copy and in the end, most of the final buyers have no idea if these are copies or not.
The goal of my post is just that we should ponderate about what is supposed to be listed on TAW or not. Those figures you acquired are not known, so probably they should be listed. Those I linked have no interest for TAW in my opinion.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptyFri Dec 30, 2022 11:59 pm

No need to worry Roger, I understood your original posting's intentions and they were NOT judgemental. Very Happy I just wanted to clarify that we don't really understand how these business dealings (or lack off)  happen. I still see no issue with calling models such as you posted copies or bootlegs as they typically not only use the mould but replicate paintwork as well. And I do understand the artistic importance of an artists work and don't want to support thieves of that... but again we really don't know the specifics of said copy models existence. But yes, the puppies I found are reminiscent of other models like WM BUT are unique nonetheless. I don't have much info for TAW besides the packaging and the web listings I bought from though, I am sorry for that.

Anywho, I have been looking in to getting some extra wild dogs to repaint in to different shadings like real ones (darker, lighter, oranger, etc.) similar to this wild dog. I also see the appeal of this mastiff and retriever. The others for me are poorly done replications of the originals.

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 12:57 pm

Wonderful collection of dogs,congrats!!!

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 2:38 am

I'm sure I'm late to the party, but I saw another set of Eyscota puppies I didn't find here.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 2:56 am

oh no Kelly... my wallet... What a Face affraid Palmface Wink Laughing

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 3:00 am

Sorry. affraid No tongue I was sure they were old news I just didn't find them. Being good didn't order them.

Like the first set, some of these look really nice if the pics are at all accurate.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 3:15 am

Not to worry Kelly, I just should try to be good too. Wink But when my next paycheck rolls around I may not be able to resist...

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 7:37 am

These are flipping adorable. I love them! 

In my collection thread the dogs will come up somewhat soon. So comparisons won't come until then.

Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 9:51 am

Oh, they are sooo adorable!
I especially like the playing Shiba Inu (?) puppy. What a unique pose!
Unfortunately they are not too easy to get in Germany but they might come over to our Amazon with time.
Thanks for showing them and I am excited to see the comparisons.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 4:51 pm

Great collection of puppies!!!

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 1:05 am

Those new Eyscota pups really are cute! Their sculptor does pups well. cheers
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 8:27 pm

Those are really good! Cute but not cartoon proportions.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 5:45 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 7:18 pm

Very decent figures, Paige. They preserve their realism despite the cuteness. Puppies are naturally cute so they can be very attractive figures if they're designed correctly as these ones.

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota and Toymany Puppies   Eyscota and Toymany Puppies Empty

Back to top Go down

Eyscota and Toymany Puppies
Page 1 of 1