Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eyscota Animal Figures

Go down 
+5
Caracal
Roger
Kikimalou
Taos
Saarlooswolfhound
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Eyscota Animal Figures Empty
PostSubject: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 3:18 pm

Hello! 

I have spoken about this brand before but wanted to make my own topic to review and present them on their own. I got my first set back in December 2022 and I instantly fell in love with these pups! 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then, in August 2023 they did it again! Really great sculpts of common and less popular dog breeds.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 3:35 pm

So, when I saw a new set of cats with some of my favorite breeds, I jumped on them. They took forever to reach me, and imagine my disappointment when I saw they were in a box similar to Toymany, but they were NOT individually packaged. Thus they came to me sadly very scuffed and scratched. I am working on getting an exchange and hoping that maybe the next set will at least not be as bad... but we shall see. Fingers crossed I can update these photos with proper ones of nice models!

The black cats mostly escaped damage but I suspect they are responsible for a lot of the paint transfer.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 3:44 pm

Wonderful set of puppies and some great poses!
Shame about the cats,they look to be great models as well.Do I see an American bobtail or possibly a Kurile Island bobtail?Not a fan of Sphynx cats but the models are really accurate.They whole set looks great overall.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 3:55 pm

The breeds I can identify for certain are the sphynxes and Scottish folds and a charteux. The rest are either normal American/shorthair, and then yes those do look like Kuril Island bobtails! I wasn't aware of this breed.

Hopefully, I can get another set in better condition soon as I REALLY like these figures. They have a set of giraffes that uh... are worse than Toymany though. Palmface What a Face But so far those are all the sets they have.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 4:00 pm

Great sets for Puppies lovers and, with a good repaint, I can find my four cats in the Kitty set Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 4:11 pm

The black cats look slightly oriental so am thinking maybe Bombay?
The blue/white cat is quite cobby so I would think maybe British Shorthair.
The tabbies look like either domestic shorthairs of American Shorthair.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 4:22 pm

Those sets are popping everywhere but they are a good alternative for animal figure lovers. There's no reason to keep attached to the traditional brands when there are so many great figures from more obscure ones. Thanks for showing, especially the individual pictures.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 5:14 pm

You are all welcome, I agree that these are nice models. I know they don't have much yet,  but if they ever are to be added to TAW, feel free to use the blue background images. Wink

I don't remember the puppies being packaged individually like Toymany models, but they didn't suffer paint issues. Hoping my replacement set of cats is better.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 5:34 pm

Very nice cats! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 1:31 am

Very good looking figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 5:15 pm

The first set I bought of the cats awhile back, they were all individually wrapped and in perfect condition. The second set I bought exclusively to repaint came much like yours. No wrappers and covered in marks with paint rubs. Wasn't a big deal to me since the set I got for my collection was fine but I probably would have been not so happy had I received those cats in the condition of the second set. :'D

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 6:56 pm

Oh thank you for the info Fallon! Hopefully my second set comes wrapped and in better condition. :)

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 6:02 pm

Oh, love those cats! So sorry about their condition, really hope you get nice ones as a replacement. I will have to look these up. The puppies are great as well, a nice balance of cute and realistic that doesn't push into the cartoon realm. Thank you for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 10:23 pm

Alright, for the sake of any new readers I decided to leave the cat photos as they were and just add new ones. I got my replacement set and they too were not wrapped and had some paint transfer/scuffs/scratches. But they *are* better than the previous set and Amazon is rather unhelpful with getting a better set... this is it for now. :/

That being said, I REALLY like them still, its just a shame that mine keep showing up as they are.

And here are my guesses on breeds, throw yours in if you have any!

Chartreux

Can Chartreux have white? This one has a very similar face to the previous but lacks breed features I am familiar with.

Some generic domestic shorthairs. Anyone know what this heavy gray pattern is called?

Possible shorthairs, possible bombays as Taylor suggested?

They are SUPER glossy

Kurilian Island Bobtails (new breed to learn about!)

Scottish Fold

This is the only model in both sets I wasn't very happy with as both their faces weren't painted well.

And then the poor sphynxes got the most damage but alas...

And what I really like about these is that they have very nice detailing. A sculpted underside and a fat pouch on a heavier set cat...

And lots of nice wrinkles.

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 11:02 pm

Thanks for the photos, I definitely have to get them. I like your breed suggestions. How large are they?

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Some generic domestic shorthairs. Anyone know what this heavy gray pattern is called?
That's a silver tabby, a result of an inhibitor gene reacting to agouti, in "classic tabby" pattern. Our neighbors cat looked almost just like that first shorthair figure!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 12:47 am

Thank you for IDing the color! Gosh my brain these days struggles with the simplest things... I could not remember what that was called for the life of me and was unable to get a good Google answer. Thank you!

I would say they are roughly a "standard" size for somethimg like Schleich. Sometime this week I will try to upload a comparison photo, but for now if you look at the big group photo (I use a different "riser" later) you can sort of guess size here with a variety of brands and figures.
Here is a set of Toymany cats, roughly the same size. Then look at the stablemates or Schleich Moose, or Safari Aardvark and you can guess an idea... maybe?

Here are some Schleich tigers to guess size in comparison with the riser...

And here is a comparison of a Toymany set with some other brands. I would say they are very similar.

BUT I will oblige with a few comparison pics when I can. :)

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 8:33 am

Thank you! I can get a sense from those photos. I’m glad your new ones are less marked up, but too bad about them still coming loose and with rubs. Sad
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 2:19 pm

What a cats pack! cheers cheers  and you have a Schleich blue (pseudo melanistic) tiger! Applause
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 3:30 pm

Lovely cats again.I have ordered this set.Whilst ordering them the it came up with the breeds that they represent.
Sphynx
American Bobtail
Bombay-the shiny black ones'
The Silver tabbies are American Shorthairs-this is a very classic colour in this breed.
Scottish fold
The other 2 are a British blue-they are very similar to Chartruex- and a blue and white British Shorthair

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 4:53 pm

Thank you Taylor! They didn't have that breed list when I bkught them (at least on the American listing)
Very neat! The bobtails could pass as such but these look fluffier to me... More like your suggestion.

Thank you everyone! @Alain, that is a special edition tiger with red angry eyes Palmface But yes its nice otherwise.

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 7:44 pm

those are nicely sculpted cat figures! I hope you can repaint or touch up the marked ones Paige?

And!! I was just thinking - ooh Paige has some more 1/32nd scale models, but I've just read that you're using a new riser! aah!
I'd had the models sizes and old riser all worked out, so I could always keep an eye on any 'small' models you got Wink
anyway, glad I found out just now Very Happy

the tigers are very beautiful figures!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 12:29 am

Ok, here is a quick comparison photo. First is a comparison for Toymany from the fluffy cat set, a Toymany from the mixed cat set (the one with a bobtail and bengal), and then Eyscota.

And then with a smattering of other brands. Back row- old Schleich, Papo, newer Safari. Bottom row- newer Schleich, Mojo, older Safari.

Hope this helps!

And @ Sunny, I can provide you with measurements of my risers! Or you are always welcome to ask me for measurements of figures. Scale doesn't really correlate with my brain most times so I can't shoot off what any figure is but... I am more than happy to help with providing information!

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 8:46 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

And @ Sunny, I can provide you with measurements of my risers! Or you are always welcome to ask me for measurements of figures. Scale doesn't really correlate with my brain most times so I can't shoot off what any figure is but... I am more than happy to help with providing information!

thank you very much Paige!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 10:19 pm

Of course my friend. :)

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures EmptyWed Jan 24, 2024 4:35 pm

I have gotten the set of cats and am so so happy with them.I was worried that they may have arrived damaged similar to Paige's but thankfully they all arrived in little bags. Smile

PostSubject: Re: Eyscota Animal Figures   Eyscota Animal Figures Empty

Back to top Go down

Eyscota Animal Figures
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next