Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures

Go down 
+24
VASILIS
costicuba
jarda
SUSANNE
jtoddthree@gmail.com
rogerpgvg
Bonnie
aschuck
Tupolew Tu-154
George
Taos
spacelab
endogenylove
bmathison1972
Roger
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
Caracal
Kikimalou
widukind
LukaLeon085
Duck-Anch-Amun
lucky luke
Loustic
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 5:21 pm

A toucan
Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 20230113

Last edited by LukaLeon085 on Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 5:34 pm

Toco toucan this time, it looks like a mix between the Papo and the last Schleich. It seems very nice but I would have preferred a Toucan species a little rarer in the toy world, in truth I would have definitely preferred a Hornbill.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 5:35 pm

Is Mojö Fun a Latin American brand? Three figures, three South American species.
Green anaconda, giant anteater and now a toco toucan. I love the fauna from this region. I hope we get a a jaguar with a quality close to the current smilodon.

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 5:56 pm

Oh the toucan I love his pose he looks good! Very Happy cheers
I would have preferred a hornbill Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 6:19 pm

Nice anakonda and toco toucan! But nothing new for me :) The Giant anteater looks a bit weird...I will stay with the Papo figurine that will finally be re-released :)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 6:54 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Nice anakonda and toco toucan! But nothing new for me :) The Giant anteater looks a bit weird...I will stay with the Papo figurine that will finally be re-released :)

Same here; everything so far looks nice, but nothing I need and nothing a substantial improvement over what I already have!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 7:07 pm

I think it is important to remember that Mojo is a very young brand still, many of their models the last few years they have never released before. I think the new models are very exciting for their company and well done! Though I too agree that some other species, like a hornbill, would have been even more welcome on my shelves. Another handsomely sculpted model nonetheless!

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 7:09 pm

Nice models but nothing exciting for me so far.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 8:04 pm

Very nice models from Mojo. Might pick up the toucan but I have many anacondas and anteaters so I will probably skip on those

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 8:35 pm

I like them all so far, and look forward to seeing what else there is.

Expanding their own range of species is always going to be more important to a company than filling gaps no-one else has done yet - I think as collectors we tend to focus on what we'd like to buy, and that's often what we don't have already, where the companies are also thinking 'what don't we have already?', and making that.
So while it might feel disappointing if we don't want to buy many figures being revealed, the brands can't just miss things out cos someone else got there first, they want to have their own version. They're ticking off iconic, loved, and recognisable species to make their range better, because when you think of it from the other side, each brand has to think of it's own catalogue as a self-contained thing, to be rounded out nicely with each new addition, rather than how we do, as just a small part of a larger collection we can pick and choose to compile from as many manufacturers as we want.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 9:09 pm

I couldn't agree more with Paige and George. cheers
Mojö Fun is building its own range, not our personal collections.
Actually, I find this trio a very clever one in terms of market.
A reptile, a bird and a mammal. None of them are ABC species as someone used to say on forum. Common but not extremly common.
They look all nice to me, from those pictures, they probably do not pair in quality to the current elephant, warthog or crocodile, but they look all decent to me.
They all have identity, none of them seems to be heavily inspired in another known model.
All three are new species to the range, since the tamandua was retired, the giant anteater will occupy the same niche. There's no boas among Mojö snakes, an anaconda is a great choice, they could have chosen a yellow anaconda instead but that's fine. There isn't also anything closely related to a toucan among Mojö models, toco is a common choicebut again good for the company.
Now let's take into consideration CollectA is main Mojö's rival. It is a fact CollectA has an anaconda but Mojö presents a very different one and there's no giant anteater or toco toucan in CollectA's range. Two important holes which Mojö is covering now and CollectA is not.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 9:40 pm

No they are not building our personal collections, but certainly we are going to comment on whether or not they will join our personal collections. No one has complained yet about these 2023 releases. They are all very nice, but most people who want 1 or maybe 2 representatives of a given species might not go for them at this time...
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 9:43 pm

George wrote:
I like them all so far, and look forward to seeing what else there is.

Expanding their own range of species is always going to be more important to a company than filling gaps no-one else has done yet - I think as collectors we tend to focus on what we'd like to buy, and that's often what we don't have already, where the companies are also thinking 'what don't we have already?', and making that.
So while it might feel disappointing if we don't want to buy many figures being revealed, the brands can't just miss things out cos someone else got there first, they want to have their own version. They're ticking off iconic, loved, and recognisable species to make their range better, because when you think of it from the other side, each brand has to think of it's own catalogue as a self-contained thing, to be rounded out nicely with each new addition, rather than how we do, as just a small part of a larger collection we can pick and choose to compile from as many manufacturers as we want.

yes, exactly

besides, I don't want every figure of every company each year to be new. I don't want to buy everything released in a given year. In fact, sometimes, I wish I bought fewer in a year. So far 2023 will have A LOT of CollectA and Papo purchases by me, so if Mojo doesn't produce anything for me, that is just fine (heck, I haven't bought anything of Mojo in 3+ years anyway)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 10:06 pm

I dont think anyone was criticizing on either side, I only meant to remind us fans that Mojo is still a newer brand and trying to pull out those "basic" species for their range as George explained much better than I could. Of course we all get much more excited to see something completely new/never-before-done, but its just not feasible to have too many models that are not as marketable to the customer base as a whole. I collect lots of things and enjoy many new releases whilst you are much more selective in your acquisitions- and so we get excited for different things when announcements come. :) No worries!

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 10:25 pm

Nice, but i hope for some prehistoric.

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 11:12 pm

I think that this is the end of their South American wildlife for the year, I hope they will show off wildlife from other areas soon as well.

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: Is this an oopsie, or what?   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 11:44 pm

Dear Sts friends:

Hey guys, I heard it through the grapevine about the mojo toucan, and at first I thought: "is this a mistake, or did they actually mean to surprise me?" Well, clearly this wasn't a mistake. How could it be, if the figure itself ended up on my searchlist? And indeed it has. Yay oh yay, at least as far as my toucan flock is concerned. Now all I'd like to know is what's next? Oh yeah, and the anaconda and giant anteater are on my list too.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 4:32 pm

A boxer sounds very exciting!! bounce Can't wait to see photos! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 5:01 pm

Bonnie wrote:

They didn't announce a boxer; that was Roger being funny referencing the curled hands of the anteater
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 5:16 pm

Let's go to Asia now, an orangutan!

Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 323758326-1133443970699703-4495099005264202148-n

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 5:36 pm

he looks like he got busted doing something he wasn't supposed to. Either that or he got into the wrong batch of brownies...
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 5:58 pm

affraid

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 6:33 pm

I Don't know what to say about this figure. Not the orangutan of my dreams but a figure with some charisma. I'd rather a more realistic approach instead of a "muscled" design.

bmathison1972 wrote:
Bonnie wrote:

They didn't announce a boxer; that was Roger being funny referencing the curled hands of the anteater

I'm sorry but that joke is not mine but @Spacelab's instead. From what we've seen until now, I wouldn't be surprised if a boxer is included in 2023 lineup.

Country/State : Round Rock Texas

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 6:35 pm

Roger wrote:
I'm very glad we're receiving news from Mojö Fun. Some of their last year models are among my favorite ones. Will we have an ostrich this year? They could release a couple as they did with the gorillas.
I hope they’ll release a Jaguar in a growling pose wildebeest bull addax and a baboon maybe an African crowned crane
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 6:36 pm

Sorry, but i believe Mojö will not be very successfully with figures of very common species.

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next