Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A new sales frontier for Safari

Go down 
+6
Joliezac
bmathison1972
widukind
Roger
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

A new sales frontier for Safari Empty
PostSubject: A new sales frontier for Safari   A new sales frontier for Safari EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 7:53 am

I was at my local chain pet store, Petco, selecting a new wet pet and as I got to the checkstands I noticed this and nearly screamed in excitement. I have been concerned for Safari as a brand as they have (at least been more vocal about) been struggling. Not only is this a really creative new sales floor for the brand, they actually have a great selection and I wish I had the budget to get several of the bigger models before they get scuffed by shoppers but alas...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It appeared to be garnering a lot of attention and I hope that this new outlet may help boost the brand again. I for one will have a hard time resisting the WW moose and grizzly and some of the dinos...

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: A new sales frontier for Safari   A new sales frontier for Safari EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 9:45 am

Wow Shocked I hope Safari Ltd is indeed recovering and I would love to watch that kind of things here. Unfortunately, since Covid most of these displays disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A new sales frontier for Safari   A new sales frontier for Safari EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 11:49 am

Paige found a XL sized paradise! flower
A new location, some new good surprises. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: A new sales frontier for Safari   A new sales frontier for Safari EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 11:53 am

Please what is a wet pet ?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A new sales frontier for Safari   A new sales frontier for Safari EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 1:02 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: A new sales frontier for Safari   A new sales frontier for Safari EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 2:24 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Fish? Turtle?
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: A new sales frontier for Safari   A new sales frontier for Safari EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 2:54 pm

Oh wow that is so exciting! I occasionally pick up Safari from Michael’s but their selection is always limited and it seems like they never restock. I have a Petco near me, I’d love to see if they now have Safari too!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: A new sales frontier for Safari   A new sales frontier for Safari EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 3:34 pm

That they have the 2022 anacaonda means they probably get figures in rather quickly, which means you won't have to wait long for new releases or buy them online!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: A new sales frontier for Safari   A new sales frontier for Safari EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 4:30 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Fish? Turtle?
In my case, a fish. One of my bettas died this week and I was checking their stock to see if there was any I would like to bring home. I found a handsome new boy that I will share here soon. :)

As I said, I just hope that this may be a sign of recovery for the brand. They had several 2022 models (not all) and an excellent selection from their fantasy, wildlife, farmlife, sealife, and specialty series like WW and IC. When I was there a lady was considering buying the new IC collared lizard or bearded dragon for her son. She decided that she needed to wait but from my thinking this will bring up all sorts of new shopping opportunities for consumers as well as sales opportunities for the brand. After all, given their line of models they are uniquely poised to do well in a pet store market (having life sized plastic versions of popular pets). I hope its a successful new strategy for them!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: A new sales frontier for Safari   A new sales frontier for Safari EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 5:18 pm

That's a good selection of models. Here larger gardening stores sometimes sell animal models, usually Schleich.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: A new sales frontier for Safari   A new sales frontier for Safari EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 7:02 pm

What a wonderful discovery!!As Roger said they sometimes sell models in garden centres in the Uk and many have pet departments attached to them.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: A new sales frontier for Safari   A new sales frontier for Safari EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 3:04 am

Oh boy, a reason to go to Petco- I was thinking of checking out their dog toy selection for the new little love arriving Wednesday. I think this is a wonderful collaboration! A small pet shop I helped open many years ago carried pet oriented gift/collectible items like Sandicast, and they sold pretty well. Hope this works out as well for both companies!

Paige, I have been seriously thinking of checking out Safari's flagship store. It's about a hundred or so miles from me, so a good way to blow a day. If I do, I'll let you know in case you want anything- like a new salmon shark.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: A new sales frontier for Safari   A new sales frontier for Safari EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 5:40 am

That is so kind of you Kelly, thank you for the offer. I would love to go there someday, I imagine it would be a pretty neat experience to go in person. If you do, please take some photos to share here! I have always wanted to go to toy fairs and brand flagship stores...

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: A new sales frontier for Safari   A new sales frontier for Safari EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 6:54 am

pipsxlch wrote:
Oh boy, a reason to go to Petco- I was thinking of checking out their dog toy selection for the new little love arriving Wednesday. I think this is a wonderful collaboration!  A small pet shop I helped open many years ago carried pet oriented gift/collectible items like Sandicast, and they sold pretty well. Hope this works out as well for both companies!

Paige, I have been seriously thinking of checking out Safari's flagship store. It's about a hundred or so miles from me, so a good way to blow a day. If I do, I'll let you know in case you want anything- like a new salmon shark.

I think its totally worth the trip to Safari's flagship store! I visited it after going to the Jacksonville Zoo and they had pretty much every Safari figure from their line there. I took a photo out front with Bernie and got a Bernie plush along with some other figures cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: A new sales frontier for Safari   A new sales frontier for Safari EmptyMon Jan 23, 2023 1:22 am

I want a store in germany.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: A new sales frontier for Safari   A new sales frontier for Safari EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 2:55 am

Stopped by my local Petco, and no figures. Sad Maybe your store/area is a trial run? Oh well, did get a few more puppy things. That girl will have enough to share with all 11 of her littermates!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: A new sales frontier for Safari   A new sales frontier for Safari EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 5:22 am

I'm sorry to hear that Kelly, I hope your store gets them eventually. I am so excited about puppy! What an exciting time for your family.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new sales frontier for Safari   A new sales frontier for Safari Empty

Back to top Go down

A new sales frontier for Safari
Page 1 of 1