Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stores in Japan to buy animal figures

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Manon

Country/State : Nederland

Stores in Japan to buy animal figures Empty
PostSubject: Stores in Japan to buy animal figures   Stores in Japan to buy animal figures EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 1:54 pm

Hii! I'm new here on the forum👋 I'm most likely going to Japan this summer, and I was wondering, what are good stores in Japan to buy Japanese animal figures like kaiyodo?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Stores in Japan to buy animal figures   Stores in Japan to buy animal figures EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 11:02 pm

Welcome on forum and I hope you enjoy your stay in Japan.
Unfortunately I can't help you and I doubt someone on forum can give you good tips.

Mitsukuni

Country/State : United states/ohio

PostSubject: Re: Stores in Japan to buy animal figures   Stores in Japan to buy animal figures EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 11:52 pm

Welcome [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]:) Wow! How exciting! What area(s) are you going to be visiting?

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Stores in Japan to buy animal figures   Stores in Japan to buy animal figures EmptyMon Jan 23, 2023 12:27 am

Rogerpvgv if I remember right took a trip to Japan a few years ago, and showed pictures of shops there. I think he had some of his best luck at a museum, and that there was a shopping district that has gashapon shops. However, most of the models sold at them were characters not animals.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Stores in Japan to buy animal figures   Stores in Japan to buy animal figures EmptyMon Jan 23, 2023 2:12 pm

Welcome to the forum, Manon. Kelly is right, I visited Tokyo a few years ago and had a lot of fun finding animal figures in otaku shops. The post is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

It's a while ago, so the shops may no longer be the same. I found the shops by doing Google searches. I can't remember what I searched for, perhaps animal figure, gachapon animal (translated in Japanese) or so. There are lots of gachapon shops in Tokyo, but only a few that have a good selection of animal figures. I didn't visit a zoo or aquarium, but I think that's where Coloratas are often found.

Let us know what you find.
Back to top Go down
Manon

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Stores in Japan to buy animal figures   Stores in Japan to buy animal figures EmptyMon Jan 23, 2023 3:50 pm

Thank you so much for this extremely useful post Roger! I'll be searching for it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stores in Japan to buy animal figures   Stores in Japan to buy animal figures Empty

Back to top Go down

Stores in Japan to buy animal figures
Page 1 of 1