Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced

Go down 
+9
costicuba
George
SchleichGirl1997
Bloodrayne
rogerpgvg
Roger
aschuck
Tupolew Tu-154
AnimalKingdoms
13 posters
AuthorMessage
AnimalKingdoms

Country/State : New Zealand

A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced Empty
PostSubject: A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 1:23 am

"The first wave includes Harry Potter and Hedwig, Ron and Scabbers, Hermione and Crookshanks, Hagrid and Fang, Luna Lovegood and a Baby Thestral, and Albus Dumbledore and Fawkes. "

"Additionally, Schleich will release six iconic creatures from the Harry Potter series: Dobby, Firenze the centaur, Aragog, Buckbeak, Fluffy the three-headed dog, and a Hungarian Horntail dragon. "

"By adding characters from the Wizarding World to its portfolio, Schleich hopes to encourage kids to expand the imaginative play that the company is known to foster across its other themes that already blend realism with fantasy, including Farm World, Bayala, Eldrador Creatures, Horse Club, Dinosaurs, and more. The Wizarding World should also help fuel global expansion for the company.

"Schleich is already looking ahead to the future with plans to release additional Wizarding World characters and playsets throughout 2024 and 2025."

What do you guys think? They have done licences before with DC characters and the on going smurf line. I'm pretty excited to see the Wizard World included!

Join our FB page Animal Kingdoms Toy Store for more updates, as I always update our followers first, i've also got a photo of some of the figures on our FB page.
Back to top Go down
http://www.animalkingdoms.co.nz
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 5:38 am

That is a nice idea for Harry Potter fans. ^^
I would buy some figures.

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: Harry Potter figures   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 7:45 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hmm, I must say, a very interesting idea. For starters, I already have some lego figures from lego harry potter sets, so it would be interesting to add those figures to my kingdom, even though I wouldn't be using the harry potter story at all. Just so you know, I'm not really a harry potter fan or nerd, like some people are, but the idea is cool. Still, I'd like to look at the figures physically before I bought them, just so I know what they look like. Anyway, keep me posted about these, they sound interesting.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 9:12 am

Thanks for sharing this information with us.
I read Harry Potter books during the confinement and before reading, I witnessed the phenomenon of popularity as one of those boring and unexplainable things where everyone acts as all others. Though, after reading the books, I assume I liked it very much and it was much more sophisticated than what I could expect.
I think it is good for a brand like Schleich to use this renouned merchandising and I think Schleich will do a good job about these, especially if they're manufactured in cooperation with Maia & Borges that is the master of this kind of figures.

PostSubject: Re: A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 12:32 pm

A further update: These are being released in September 2023, with additional Wizarding World characters and playsets being released throughout 2024 and 2025

The September 2023 release date is for Schleich themselves, depending on how long it takes for Schleich to get these to distributors around the world, the release dates for countries may differ
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 9:32 pm

Schleich is rather late to jump on the Harry Potter bandwagon. The final film was in 2011 and the last book in 2007.

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 9:58 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Schleich is rather late to jump on the Harry Potter bandwagon. The final film was in 2011 and the last book in 2007.

Maybe that's a reason Schleich was able to get a cheap license to produce these figures?

SchleichGirl1997

Country/State : Washington USA

PostSubject: Re: A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 3:16 am

Will they be at the London Toy Fair since they're being released in September? I can't wait to see pics if they are.
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 5:59 am

rogerpgvg wrote:

Why not? People read these books also after this times. Then exists the "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them", as book and a film with some parts.

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 9:34 am

Nothing wrong with it, I was just thinking that from a commercial viewpoint, they would have sold more if they had done this earlier. But as Bloodrayne said, the license may have been too expensive then.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 5:58 pm

Yeah, I know where you're coming from Roger, the fuss has definitely died down a lot compared to how it was when the films were still being released, there's still fans but I think there must be a lot less of them than back then.
No-one I know still talks about Harry Potter at all, I was never that into it (watched each film once when it came round on free tv) but a lot of friends my age and a bit younger were BIG fans at the time, and all of them have gradually lost interest, or deliberately gave up the fandom recently cos of the author. I'm sure there are still a lot of fans out there who'd be excited for Schleich versions of the characters (and figures which aren't the action-figure type would make a change when most of the toy merchandise for films tends to be jointed poseable sort) but it's got to be much much smaller market than it was at the peak.

It's so long since I saw it that I can't remember what animals all those names listed actually were, but there should be some real-species animal figures amongst these which would be of interest to collectors on here? Like Harry's owl for example, it's not got any fantasy element or cartoony features (was it played by an actual owl on set? Even if it was CGI it was perfectly realistic). Unless they use any snowy owl figure they've sold in the wildlife range in the past, it'd save money that way cos they'd already have the mould made and paintwork designed. We'll see soon enough!

AnimalKingdoms

PostSubject: Re: A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 9:23 pm

Personally I think its a new generation of kids coming through now, I was a big potterhead when I was younger (Still love it) and my now 7 year old is just getting into the books, along with most of her friends in school. I think they have timed it for the second generation of Harry Potter fans, as well as the old ones. It is an ongoing franchise and with theme parks, the wizarding world expansions etc, I don't see if going away anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Harry potter info   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 9:55 am

Dear sts Friends:

Hey, does any one know if the new Schleich harry potter figures will have movable parts? Like movable arms, and such. I do need this information, as I'm trying to decide if I should really get these for myself, considering that I'm not a harry potter fan. So the real question is: is it really worth it? I mean the idea is good, but I really don't know if figures from harry potter would fit in with my stories. See what I mean? I just have this feeling teat they might not work, so I need information about these, so I can make a decision. Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptyFri Jan 27, 2023 2:40 am

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptyFri Jan 27, 2023 1:20 pm

Thanks for this video, Costa.
Harry Potter with the owl is OK, Dobby figure looks really great and the fantastic creature doesn't look so good but probably the one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] can use for her own magical world.
They're not articulated what is fine in my opinion.
Harry Potter is already a classic, it is not as strong as in its peak but it will remain forever as a cultural phenomenon.

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptyFri Jan 27, 2023 2:13 pm

SchleichGirl1997 wrote:
Will they be at the London Toy Fair since they're being released in September? I can't wait to see pics if they are.

They are! Very Happy

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptyFri Jan 27, 2023 2:30 pm

Ohh, the owl is attached to his arm, I was picturing them as two-piece sets with separate animals when I suggested they might provide good wildlife/domestics figures for the collectors on here. Never mind Laughing

aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Harry potter information   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptyFri Jan 27, 2023 7:37 pm

Hey guys,

Hey, could some one post a list of the schleich harry potter figures, complete with species ID, because I have no idea what half these creatures are! See, I'm sort of new to this field, so I'd like some information as to who's who.

Thanks for your help,

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Harry Potter sets   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptySat Jan 28, 2023 12:21 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey guys, I've started making plans for which harry potter sets I'll be getting for my collection. In my kingdom, hary potqer and luna will be two teenage wizards who have joined the orchestra of my kingdom, along with their father, who is dumbledore. The set with the centaur will work great, because the centaur in the set will be another guard for my kingdom. I'm also planning on getting the dobby set, although at this point I don't know where he'll fit in my stories. As for the sets with buckbeak and fluffy, those two will be part of the fantasy section of my collection. So, I think this plan will work out great. Can't wait to see the new sets in person.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptySat Jan 28, 2023 3:13 am

In regards to the validity of this licensing...

I think the HP hype is still very much alive, if nothing else than with the newer releases of spin off series like the Magical Beasts and Where to Find Them. I wish they'd make models of those... Anyhow, HP is far from a deas license, even given its age. I think it will be like Lord of the Rings is for fantasy as a genre, a reccurrent title in some fashion. Personally I am more of an LOTR fan, but lots of my extended family members are excited for these toys for their own kids.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
eldrador

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptySat Jan 28, 2023 3:44 pm

Im sure the new figurines will be great !

Idk why this year, the images of schleich at london toy fair are very low to be broadcast on Internet ( i mean, last year they where already infos abt it when the london toy fair ended), anyway im looking forwad to see it !
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptyWed Feb 01, 2023 1:36 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Nothing wrong with it, I was just thinking that from a commercial viewpoint, they would have sold more if they had done this earlier. But as Bloodrayne said, the license may have been too expensive then.

I understand you, but this year a Harry Potter game and some theatre stage plays coming. So the bandwagon is still running. :)

a6point62

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced EmptyWed May 10, 2023 9:03 pm

The Wizarding World is released because of the conjunction with the highly sold and popular games series. And rumors of a TV Show.
There are other media than Movies and books Razz Potter Hype is forever :)
Back to top Go down
http://sfamilien.eu/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced   A magical partnership between Schleich and Harry Potter has been announced Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1