Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter

Go down 
+4
Taos
Saarlooswolfhound
Katy Leven
Shanti
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 3:53 pm

Hi there,
as a big fan of big dogs I had to have this set, just to get my hands on the dog. cyclops Laughing
I like him a lot, what do you think? Not a fan of Harry Potter (never finished watching the first movie) but this dog ist cute. (For size comparison beside a Mojo Bulldog).
And the big guy maybe could be transformed into a Santa Claus. flower lol!

Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter 46323902qe

Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter 46310835vu
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 5:14 pm

Fang looks absolutely marvelous! Thanks for showing him with Bullyland's Bulldog.
I'm a big Harry Potter fan myself and therefore want to get most of the figures they released this year (mainly because of the animals they come with, not because of the main human characters themselves). Fang is definitely a must have! I can recommend reading the books. They are definitely way better than the films.
And I am sure that Hagrid will look wonderful as Santa Claus cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 5:46 pm

Oh I have wanted this set for the same thing, another neopolitan mastiff. Do you happen to have the papo for comparison? Its ok if not. Wink

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 7:49 pm

Thank you!! Very Happy Very Happy
@Katy Leven I will check the books. Very Happy

@Saarlooswolfhound I am afraid I don't have the Papo Bulldog. Any other dog you might want the comparison with?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 7:54 pm

do you have any similar build breeds like a saint bernard? Maybe the Papo pyrenees? Just curious how this one is scaled- he looks rather small (that won't deter me and is in no way a criticism! I am just curious is all).

Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 7:58 pm

Oh yes, I have the Pyrenees Dog by Papo. Will try to take a photo tomorrow! (If I can find this dog.. scratch )
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 10:08 pm

He looks very good!! cheers cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 10:29 pm

No rush at all! Again, my request is purely out of curiosity.

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 12:10 am

I'm not a Harry Potter fan and have no interest in collecting any of these figures, but I'm happy to see that they seem very well done. They look to have more attention to detail than their standard lines.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 10:22 am

I ignored Harry Potter for several years, even though I knew it was something with a massive impact on popular culture. Because it was something everyone talked about, including the media, and I felt like a true idiot for not knowing what it was about, I decided to start reading the books. What's even more amazing is that I really loved it, and it's something I would consider reading a second time, even though it's a type of reading that's quite different from what I usually enjoy.
It's interesting to see Schleich making these figures, especially when it involves including an animal, and fortunately, the dog figure is closer to a realistic model than a character. I believe that collar can't be removed. My target is still the Neapolitan Mastiff from Papo, which I stupidly neglected when it was still available in the catalog.
Very funny your idea about future Hagrid's job, a little magic and I think it is possible. Very Happy

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter EmptySun Sep 17, 2023 6:11 pm

@Saarlooswolfhound: Sorry for the delay, can't find the Pyreneese dog at the moment. Embarassed

I think Schleich did a very good job with this dog! So they CAN produce a decent and realistic looking dog! This is my first Mastino and I love him.

@Roger Same here. I never watched a movie or read a book about Harry Potter just because almost everybody did it.

The Collar is sculpted on the dog, can not be removed. But it looks ok for me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter EmptySun Sep 17, 2023 6:12 pm

@Roger: There is a Papo Mastino on ebay Germany. Maybe this is chance for you? Not cheap of course.. https://www.ebay.de/itm/225765146906?hash=item3490a6c11a:g:ZP8AAOSwajRiLjzT&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4GpGfPYfFueQ9FukNFlMmw%2BFpPfcUZxOm7VDDdMOuKlldPOum3VQRE7ajMFETgarDXGGZ08hqkh1NR4tmVL%2FIUReR0%2FZe1oPWATKWRv9nqPvif25idCG9P22%2FXJNXNhiwLu6GJiofIZx0K8RNA6sE9m6rytnpZdBUx1kRWVhEJRgwqoWF%2BpwnMXdWEECqTyvNIjh00eFXBZQWetkO6fs3xkNtxNoyhanLtEKV5wTOGErRW4FBckKGBWa2JXpTkW3OVpqqolKlNbA%2BYqtr0crj3dpB4EK0woLfGIjHZCwcQaK%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR_a7lr7UYg
Back to top Go down
Babdo

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 12:50 am

Hello,
I buyed the Schleich Hagrid + Fang, too.
Here you can see a comparism between T.M. and Schleich.
Benno.
Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter Dsc05310
Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter Dsc05311
Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter Dsc05312
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 3:27 pm

Both of those models look really really good!!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 4:14 pm

Now there are TWO mastiffs I need to find! Thank you Benno!

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter EmptyThu Sep 28, 2023 2:40 pm

Shanti wrote:
@Roger: There is a Papo Mastino on ebay Germany. Maybe this is chance for you? Not cheap of course.. https://www.ebay.de/itm/225765146906?hash=item3490a6c11a:g:ZP8AAOSwajRiLjzT&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4GpGfPYfFueQ9FukNFlMmw%2BFpPfcUZxOm7VDDdMOuKlldPOum3VQRE7ajMFETgarDXGGZ08hqkh1NR4tmVL%2FIUReR0%2FZe1oPWATKWRv9nqPvif25idCG9P22%2FXJNXNhiwLu6GJiofIZx0K8RNA6sE9m6rytnpZdBUx1kRWVhEJRgwqoWF%2BpwnMXdWEECqTyvNIjh00eFXBZQWetkO6fs3xkNtxNoyhanLtEKV5wTOGErRW4FBckKGBWa2JXpTkW3OVpqqolKlNbA%2BYqtr0crj3dpB4EK0woLfGIjHZCwcQaK%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR_a7lr7UYg

Thanks for the link. It is an acceptable price for someone who wants it desperately but surely too expensive for me. I hope to find it someday for a regular price, if not, I'm fine. :)

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter EmptyThu Nov 09, 2023 4:49 pm

Very Happy
@Babdo Thank you for these great photos! Now I need this other Fang too! Laughing
I love this mold by Schleich very much, a well made Mastino.

@Saarlooswolfhound Sorry for the very late reply, here is a photo of the Pyrenees Dog by Papo and the Fang. They don't seem to like each other very much...  Laughing  cyclops

Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter 46603511jz
Back to top Go down
poldischatz

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter EmptyWed Dec 13, 2023 3:07 pm

Hello!
I collect Schleich dogs, and Fang, the Neapolitan Mastiff, has been very well executed by Schleich.
I also bought the set to get the dog.

I was a bit concerned that he might look too "comic-like," but he turned out very realistic, so definitely a great addition to my collection.

------original post-------

Hallo!
Ich sammle Schleich Hunde und Fang, der Mastino Napoletano, ist Schleich sehr gut gelungen.
Ich habe mir auch das Set gekauft um den Hund zu bekommen.

Ich hatte etwas Sorge, dass er zu sehr nach "Comic" ausschaut, aber er ist sehr realistisch geworden, also auf jeden Fall was für meine Sammlung.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter EmptyWed Dec 13, 2023 5:43 pm

Thank you for the photo! They don't seem to be friends indeed. Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter EmptyWed Dec 13, 2023 10:37 pm

Hallo!
Ich sammle Schleich Hunde und Fang, der Mastino Napoletano, ist Schleich sehr gut gelungen.
Ich habe mir auch das Set gekauft um den Hund zu bekommen.

Ich hatte etwas Sorge, dass er zu sehr nach "Comic" ausschaut, aber er ist sehr realistisch geworden, also auf jeden Fall was für meine Sammlung.[/quote]

Hello, I edited your post and translated it to English. I know it is not always easy to communicate in a foreign language but there are many online tools to help you. We all do a little effort to use English so please keep enjoying the forum but try to write in English too. :)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter   Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Hagrid & Fang / Harry Potter
Page 1 of 1