Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !

Go down 
+16
Balaenoptera
rogerpgvg
Caracal
Jill
Saarlooswolfhound
lucky luke
MansoBoricua
jarda
Stripedhyena
Taos
Joliezac
George
widukind
Roger
Kikimalou
Tupolew Tu-154
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! Empty
PostSubject: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 11:20 pm

Any news for PNSO 2023 here?

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2023 4:27 pm

No
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 2:43 pm

It's time to welcome Mungo the Meraxes cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 4:44 pm

Great! A Game of Thrones model! Laughing
Could it be the closest representation of a Lusovenator? A "Portuguese" Dinosaur?

Lusovenator

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 5:58 pm

Well... Lusoventor was a 3,5 meter long Portuguese dino who lived from the End of the Jurassic to the dawn of cretaceous. Meraxes was a 9 to 10 meter long Patagonian dino who lived at the end of the Cretaceous.

Ok they were both carcharodontosaurids but they weren't playing exactly in the same team Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 6:10 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Well... Lusoventor was a 3,5 meter long Portuguese dino who lived from the End of the Jurassic to the dawn of cretaceous. Meraxes was a 9 to 10 meter long Patagonian dino who lived at the end of the Cretaceous.  

Ok they were both carcharodontosaurids but they weren't playing exactly in the same team Laughing

Laughing I'm quite optimistic and partial towards those dinos of my country. Wink
Recently, I saw a lifesized reconstruction of an Iberospinus and I started checking which Baryonyx figure could act as an Iberospinus. The PNSO Miragaia had a incurable effect on me. I was not ready to like it so much. Now I try to see Portuguese dinosaurs everywhere, I'm even avoiding my mirror. affraid

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyWed Apr 05, 2023 8:01 pm

A bit late but let me present you Mila The Mapusaurus cheers

Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Laughing I'm quite optimistic and partial towards those dinos of my country. Wink
Recently, I saw a lifesized reconstruction of an Iberospinus and I started checking which Baryonyx figure could act as an Iberospinus. The PNSO Miragaia had a incurable effect on me. I was not ready to like it so much. Now I try to see Portuguese dinosaurs everywhere, I'm even avoiding my mirror. affraid

I looked a bit about Iberospinus and there is not a lot of bones dicovered, I guess a Baryonyx would fit Very Happy

By the way I also noticed it was discovered in the Papo Seco formation Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 9:11 am

PNSO extant animals series for 2023 ? in individual boxes like that

Antartic fur seal

Atlantic puffin

Bactrian camel

Bison

Blue whale

Brown bear

Chinese pangolin

Colossal squid

Common bottlenose dolphin

Crabeater seal

Fire salamander

Manta ray

Gray wolf

Great whitre shark

Hammerhead

Horse

Humpback whale

Komodo dragon

Lynx

Mountain goat

Narwhal

Orca

Pig

Pygmy three toad sloth

Red fox

Sheep

Sika deer

Spemrwhale

Walrus

Whale shark

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 9:25 am

Wow

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 12:18 pm

I'm not sure I was ready for that! Shocked
All those figures are beautiful and some like the sloth look absolutely real. affraid
There's still a beautiful fox and pangolin for my collections and loads of other fantastic models. Thanks for bringing us the paradise and I'm super curious to know more about them. bounce bounce

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 2:33 pm

Some outstanding and some rather less so, my highlights would be the pangolin, the sloth, and the komodo dragon in that order. The cetaceans also all look nice, admittedly with a non expert eye - which makes me wonder something....

I look at that horse and think 'oh dear' - the anatomy's all seriously off, like they sculpted parts from several different reference photos of different animals in different poses then cobbled it together into one creature which in total does not accurately represent a horse.
And what I'm thinking is, perhaps I only recognise all the faults in that horse because I spend so much time around real horses, I know their anatomy and the way they bend and move. Are there equally glaring errors in other species on this page, and I'm only not spotting them cos I'm not so familiar with the animals?
Where I'm thinking 'cool dolphin, unusual pose!', is a dolphin person thinking 'but the proportions are all off, and they can't physically bend like that!'. Where I look at the Komodo Dragon and think it's a neat little sculpt with superb detail and texture, are reptile people looking at the same image thinking 'the leg joints are all wrong and the scales aren't that shape there'.
There's so much room for things to look wrong to people who know better, in major ways or in subtle details, and often I wonder if it's my own lack of knowledge which makes me judge a model as being better than it is!

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 2:57 pm

Wow!! I don't have any extant animals from PNSO but some of these are really incredible! Others not so much... I really love the mountain goat, puffin, sika deer, fire salamander, pangolin, and sloth

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 4:35 pm

Some really lovely and unusual models but would agree with George about the horse and not sure about the Lynx either,the hind legs look rather odd!

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 4:42 pm

Does anyone know what scale they will have?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 5:51 pm

George wrote:
Some outstanding and some rather less so, my highlights would be the pangolin, the sloth, and the komodo dragon in that order. The cetaceans also all look nice, admittedly with a non expert eye - which makes me wonder something....

I look at that horse and think 'oh dear' - the anatomy's all seriously off, like they sculpted parts from several different reference photos of different animals in different poses then cobbled it together into one creature which in total does not accurately represent a horse.
And what I'm thinking is, perhaps I only recognise all the faults in that horse because I spend so much time around real horses, I know their anatomy and the way they bend and move. Are there equally glaring errors in other species on this page, and I'm only not spotting them cos I'm not so familiar with the animals?
Where I'm thinking 'cool dolphin, unusual pose!', is a dolphin person thinking 'but the proportions are all off, and they can't physically bend like that!'. Where I look at the Komodo Dragon and think it's a neat little sculpt with superb detail and texture, are reptile people looking at the same image thinking 'the leg joints are all wrong and the scales aren't that shape there'.
There's so much room for things to look wrong to people who know better, in major ways or in subtle details, and often I wonder if it's my own lack of knowledge which makes me judge a model as being better than it is!

There is evidently an effort to depict motion in the figures, which is good, although it doesn't always result in a natural look. This is too apparent in the horse.
There are other figures that don't seem very natural, notably the hind left leg of the lynx, which almost adopts an unnatural plantigrade posture for a feline, even when walking on the snow. It should have a posture more similar to that of a wolf. Perhaps it's a readjustment to help the figure balance on three legs. There are other implausible aspects, but there is a relatively good artistic quality in most of the models.

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 8:09 pm

Thank you, Kiki, for sharing these pics. I am very happy that PNSO created another animal figures line, not the prehistoric monster figures only. cheers
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 8:17 pm

Roger wrote:
There is evidently an effort to depict motion in the figures, which is good, although it doesn't always result in a natural look. This is too apparent in the horse.
PNSO has high ambitions regarding motion and unusual poses - if we remember e.g. cheetah, gazelle, giraffe or gnu from the African set, lying calf from the Zodiac set...
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 8:25 pm

Wonderful animals, especially the seals. ^^

MansoBoricua

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 8:39 pm

That's good news! The bison looks very nice, but the figure I would consider buying in the future is the Pygmy three-toed sloth. Gotta see when it gets released... :)
Back to top Go down
https://ianadames02.wixsite.com/ianadamesart
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 9:17 pm

It's good news! Wink Very Happy sunny
Chinese pangolin, mountain goat, pygmy three-toed sloth
Red fox, Sika deer, could please me depending on the size Palmface study
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 10:00 pm

This is exciting but not good news for my wallet. What a Face

Some of the models look wonky... some look great. For me the antarctic fur seal, camel, brown bear, pangolin, crab eater seal, salamander, wolf, humpback, komodo, lynx, mountain goat, narwhal, orca, sloth, fox, sheep, sika, sperm whale, and walrus look good. Probably won't get all if those though. For me the puffin, bison, squid, dolphin, white shark, manta, hammerhead, horse, and pig look too odd. There are a few that you can't see much of either to make a determination like the blue whale and whale shark.

I like that they tried to make these animals with movement, theres just a few that didn't turn out well. Can't wait to see them in person!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 10:26 pm

It's true that some of them look promising (I have more or less the same inclinations as Paige) and some of them also seem a bit weird to me.
I already had that feeling with the previous series, I'm more sensitive to plastic beauty than convoluted poses.
The one that intrigues me is the blue whale, it looks very good in the photo but I'm afraid I'll be disappointed by the reality.
To be continued...
The previous series wasn't on a precise scale Ricardo.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 11:23 pm

Whatever their set up is for photographing aquatics, they nailed it, those look really cool no matter how the sculpt is done!

I agree with everyone pretty much, some of these are real strange and some are amazing! There is a definite stylization going on. They got a little carried away with muscles and skin folds. This is a brand that usually does extinct creatures, right? Usually dinosaurs and their relatives? I wonder if their artists are less practiced in some of these groups of animals. I can imagine if you are a specialized reptile sculptor, domestic mammals (for example) might be a different set of skills or you might not understand how they are out together as well.

The fire salamander is my favorite, they actually are quite bumpy and wrinkly so that worked out, haha.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 11:39 pm

Some are very tempting (puffin, salamander, sloth..)but I don't like too much spectacular but unnatural standing of others (sharks, sika, horse, lynx, pig..) and odd watches of others (wolf, fox, dragon..)

Thank you for sharing Christophe! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:59 am

It's great that there is a company that dares to be a bit different. I agree that the sculpting is hit and miss. I like the Bactrian camel, mountain goat, narwhal and the face of the brown bear, while the sika deer, colossal squid, manta ray, dolphin, walrus and horse seem particularly odd to me. The sika deer is an example of a pose that may be physically possible but not one I can imagine they ever have. The horse is a case where the skin folds and muscles aren't in quite the right places. And the hammerhead shark has got eyes at the front of the cephalofoil rather than at the sides, haha. Sometimes the lack of realism works for me: the pig looks a bit odd but at least it makes it quite cute.

As Jill mentions, it may be that the sculptors are more practised in making prehistoric animals. Because we don't know exactly what they looked like, the sculptors have more artistic freedom in modelling the poses, muscles and skinfolds of the animals. With extant animals, too much artistry can look a little strange.

The PNSO models seem to be marketed for collectors rather than children. They come in a luxurious-looking box and are relatively expensive. I am therefore surprised that they focus mostly on species that are commonly made by other brands (often better and cheaper). I'd have thought that they would sell less common species better to collectors.

The boxes that they sell these models in are similar to those from their Living Animals Series, so they may have a similar size. This would mean that the models are fairly large, similar in size to the hippos and rhinos of the major brands. I hope we get more detailed information about their sizes.

Where is the best place to buy PNSO?

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !   PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals ! Empty

Back to top Go down

PNSO 2023? Updated august 28 with extant animals !
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next