Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"? Empty
PostSubject: Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"?   Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"? EmptySun Feb 12, 2023 10:04 pm

You know i am not familiar with horse figures but today i have seen on TV that there is a special species that is famous for a area not far away from Dresden.

Now i am curios if there is a figure of that specie.

Wikipedia entry

Magazine article

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"?   Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"? EmptySun Feb 12, 2023 11:34 pm

This specific one probably not but Bullyland made several Oldenburgers which are almost the same and from the same region.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ponies and Paint

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"?   Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 7:05 am

Collecta is releasing a Holsteiner stallion, and although he is not the same breed, he could probably pass for the breed you have listed above. Schleich has also made an Oldenburg stallion, who isn't quite as nice, but could probably work as well. I would say that your best bet at finding a model that could represent this breed would be the Collecta Warmblood stallion, as he does not have a specific breed associated with him. He might be a bit heavy compared to the pictures of the breed, but he could work. Still, my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] choice would be the soon to be released Holsteiner from Collecta.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGmpQ1jSAGOKIAO2OggjmMA
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"?   Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 7:08 am

This is the model that I'm talking about:

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGmpQ1jSAGOKIAO2OggjmMA
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"?   Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 12:39 pm

Many many thanks.

So i know there are only similar but not really exactly a figur of that local horse :)

I have no knowlwdge about horses so it is only interesting for local history :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"?   Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 2:01 pm

Andreas, nobody will release a horse with the Sächsisch-Thüringisches Schweres Warmblut name. Laughing  Ponies and Paint is giving you a very good suggestion for this one.
The CollectA heavy warmblood, it is not marketed specifically as a certain breed but for equine collectors it means it can be used as any heavy warmblood breed, namely the Sächsisch-Thüringisches Schweres Warmblut.
It is slightly heavy built for the real things but horse figures are often heavier built than the corresponding breeds.
These work as an alternative to the popular lighter warmblood, the Hanoverian and likely this breed is one of the ones taken into consideration.
I don't know if anyone knows which Deborah's sculpt was used as reference but you're not cheating if you use this model.

A Moritzburger doesn't seem to fit this mold.

Is the Oldenburg uninteresting because it is from Lower Saxony instead? The CollectA model is magnificent.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"?   Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 5:23 pm

Roger wrote:
Andreas, nobody will release a horse with the Sächsisch-Thüringisches Schweres Warmblut name. Laughing  Ponies and Paint is giving you a very good suggestion for this one.
The CollectA heavy warmblood, it is not marketed specifically as a certain breed but for equine collectors it means it can be used as any heavy warmblood breed, namely the Sächsisch-Thüringisches Schweres Warmblut.
It is slightly heavy built for the real things but horse figures are often heavier built than the corresponding breeds.
These work as an alternative to the popular lighter warmblood, the Hanoverian and likely this breed is one of the ones taken into consideration.
I don't know if anyone knows which Deborah's sculpt was used as reference but you're not cheating if you use this model.

A Moritzburger doesn't seem to fit this mold.

Is the Oldenburg uninteresting because it is from Lower Saxony instead? The CollectA model is magnificent.

You know, i dont collect horses. A Oldenburger is nice and it looks a Moritzburger is like a sub sub specie of that. I think if i am really interested in horses yes, but it was only a funny idea for me.
It could be interesting to have figures from a local animal specie. Especially if the area is not so much famous.
Another example for me is a prehistoric figure of a haptodus saxonicus and of a naosaurus credneri. These figures i would buy absolutly for sure. These are found not far away but long time ago

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"?   Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 8:28 pm

It is an excellent idea to build a little farm collection with local stock figures. I would love to do it with my home province but I only know a figure of a regional dog breed.
Check this about those horses.
"the Moritzburger horse is related to the Oldenburg horse. Both breeds are warm blood horses that originated in Germany and have similar characteristics and abilities. In fact, the Oldenburg breed was created by crossing the local mares with the same Spanish horses that were used to create the Moritzburger breed."

You can also add a Saxon Scenthound, a Saxonian bull, a Saxon Merino sheep, a Saxony chicken and a Saxony duck. Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"?   Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there a horse figure of a "Heavy Warmbloods in Saxony and Thuringia" or "Moritzburger"?
Page 1 of 1