Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon

Go down 
+4
Hanno
widukind
Saien
Roger
8 posters

Please choose your favorite
Cooperoceras - CollectA
2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Vote_lcap6%2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Vote_rcap
 6% [ 4 ]
Deinocheirus - PNSO
2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Vote_lcap19%2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Vote_rcap
 19% [ 13 ]
Diplodocus carnegii- Eofauna
2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Vote_lcap4%2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Konobelodon atticus- Eofauna
2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Vote_lcap25%2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Vote_rcap
 25% [ 17 ]
Paraceratherium - CollectA
2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Vote_lcap9%2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Vote_rcap
 9% [ 6 ]
Spectacled cormorant- Kaiyodo
2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Vote_lcap6%2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Vote_rcap
 6% [ 4 ]
Steller's sea cow - Kaiyodo
2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Vote_lcap9%2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Vote_rcap
 9% [ 6 ]
Styracosaurus - PNSO
2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Vote_lcap7%2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Vote_rcap
 7% [ 5 ]
Triceratops horridus 1:35 Alpha Male “Trident” King version - Rebor
2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Vote_lcap4%2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Wooly mammoth - Mojö Fun
2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Vote_lcap10%2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Vote_rcap
 10% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 68

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Empty
PostSubject: 2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon   2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon EmptyFri Feb 17, 2023 6:46 pm

Dear Friends,

I am excited to inform you that the final poll for the 2022 STS Prehistoric Figure of the Year is now open! You have seven days to cast your vote, with the poll closing on February 24th. Remember, you can vote for just one figure, but you can change your vote as long as the poll remains active.

The winner of this poll will join all other category winners on February 25th in the grand final poll.

Your participation in this event is critical in ensuring its continued success for years to come.

Here are the 10 finalists:

CollectA Cooperoceras
2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Collect-A-Cooperoceras

PNSO Deinocheirus
2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon 8

Eofauna Diplodocus carnegii
2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Diplodocus-Eofauna1

Eofauna Konobelodon atticus
2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon 0-A0-AA978-ACF2-4-A2-F-9-FB3-B7-DCF2-C35775

CollectA Paraceratherium
2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Collect-A-Paraceratherium

Kaiyodo Spectacled cormorant
2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Kaiyodo-Spectacled-cormorant

Kaiyodo Steller's sea cow
2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Kaiyodo-Steller-s-sea-cow

PNSO Styracosaurus
2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Anthony-the-Styracosaurus

Rebor 1:35 Alpha Male Triceratops horridus “Trident” King version
2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Rebor-Triceratops-Trident-lateral-web-1

Mojö Fun Wooly mammoth
2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon 38104910

Last edited by Roger on Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon   2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 10:07 am

Amazing models, it was very hard to choose.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon   2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 10:53 am

voted

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Hanno

Hanno

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon   2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 2:03 pm

At least three or four of these models are good enough to win. Very difficult choice for me. It looks like my choice will not win this one!
Sad
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon   2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 2:54 pm

Hanno wrote:
At least three or four of these models are good enough to win. Very difficult choice for me. It looks like my choice will not win this one!
Sad

You can share your choice, you can even promote it. Laughing
Sincerely, the figure I voted is not winning but I am so enchanted with the leading one that I almost can't believe I haven't noticed it before. What a weird crazy creature! Shocked

Hanno

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon   2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 3:57 am

Thanks for the reply, Roger. Well, I voted for the PNSO Styracosaurus. It only has 3 votes at the moment, which surprises me a bit, but the competition is very strong this year.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon   2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 4:32 am

Hanno wrote:
Thanks for the reply, Roger. Well, I voted for the PNSO Styracosaurus. It only has 3 votes at the moment, which surprises me a bit, but the competition is very strong this year.

You're welcome and thanks for participating! I think this poll is particularly interesting since we are not a community specifically devoted to prehistoric animals. I think most of us tend to favour prehistoric mammals. Considering the top is different at the moment I'm posting now, it is relevant to point that my choice was the Eofauna Konobelodon, a predictable choice for my collecting preferences. I even have it in my collection. Though, I am fascinated with the artistic level of the PNSO Deinocheirus. I don't know if I've ever seen a dinosaur as beautiful as this one. I even checked its price and I'm already complaining the fact PNSO figures are more expensive now. Laughing Styracosaurus is another beautiful piece but honestly, every single piece of this poll pleases me.

Hanno

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon   2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 9:53 am

I agree with you entirely. I love the prehistoric mammals, especially elephants and mammoths. I just wish that Eofauna would make their models in a slightly larger scale -- I believe their models are only 1/35 scale? I would willingly save up my pennies for a few of their models made to a larger scale (say, 1/20). When I wrote to them about this, they said it would make the models too expensive, which I can understand, of course.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon   2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 11:40 am

I only own the Eofauna's, but there are so many wonderful choices on this poll. Rebor's triceratops was a great model but I didn't get it because I wanted to save for the deinosuchus instead Laughing Each year I'm tempted more and more to get a PNSO model but the prices have prevented me from getting one as I rather get a Nanmu or Rebor model. I didn't even know about those Kaiyodo figures but they're so beautiful and unique!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon   2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 6:08 pm

Hanno wrote:
I agree with you entirely. I love the prehistoric mammals, especially elephants and mammoths. I just wish that Eofauna would make their models in a slightly larger scale -- I believe their models are only 1/35 scale? I would willingly save up my pennies for a few of their models made to a larger scale (say, 1/20). When I wrote to them about this, they said it would make the models too expensive, which I can understand, of course.

I understand your point and Eofauna's too. Eofauna figures are 1:35 and 1:40 scale. It is good to recall that they release large dinosaurs too. Though, we were used for a long time with prehistoric mammals at 1:20 scale or at least they announced it because I'm convinced most of the mammoth figures are small for 1:20 scale. The problem for Eofauna is that 1:20 is not slightly larger than 1:35. Eofauna uses a high-quality, dense PVC material for their scale models. For example, their straight-tusked elephant figure weighs around 500 g. However, even though the measurements are less than twice as large, a 1:20 scale figure would be over five times more massive than a 1:35 scale figure. This means that a 1:20 scale Eofauna straight-tusked elephant could potentially weigh more than 2.5 kg, which is quite remarkable! While this doesn't necessarily mean it should be five times more expensive, a higher price point of around 75 Euros would be expected for such a masterpiece. To put this into perspective, the Itoy fabulous Paraceratherium is marketed as a 1:35 scale figure, but is actually a 1:20 scale model that sells for over 80 Euros. While I would love to add a 1:20 scale Eofauna straight-tusked elephant to my collection, it would likely be too expensive for me at that price point. However, I do believe that Eofauna's current prices, which are under 25 Euros for their prehistoric proboscidians, are quite fair.
By the way, if iToy decided to release the same Paraceratherium at 1:35 scale for around 30 Euros, I'm sure I would not resist since I like much more the iToy design than the current CollectA's.

Hanno

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon   2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 3:33 am

Many thanks for all that information; it is very interesting. I cannot quite remember the details now, but I believe Eofauna's earliest models included Mammuthus meridionalis, African bush elephant, and a few others, that were amazingly detailed and realistic. They even had "hair" at the ends of their tails! I am not sure if they sold any of them to collectors, but if so, unfortunately they are no longer available. They were very small scale, though.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon   2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 5:19 am

Hanno wrote:
Many thanks for all that information; it is very interesting. I cannot quite remember the details now, but I believe Eofauna's earliest models included Mammuthus meridionalis, African bush elephant, and a few others, that were amazingly detailed and realistic. They even had "hair" at the ends of their tails! I am not sure if they sold any of them to collectors, but if so, unfortunately they are no longer available. They were very small scale, though.

I think those were not mass produced in pvc material. Likely they were artist works sold in very limited amounts. I can see the African bush elephant was a 1:48 scale sculpture.I know some collectors have been insisting to Eofauna to produce extant elephant species. I think an African Forest elephant could be a great idea, At 1:35 scale it would be half the volume of the straight-tusked so they could put it for sale for arround 15 Euros which is not much more than a standard elephant figure from a big company.

Hanno

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon   2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 8:52 am

Yes, an African forest elephant would be something completely new and different. I know that Dafei GK Studios have produced some great models of elephants, mammoths, tigers, rhinos, etc., in the past. I managed to get a couple of painted ones (the last ones they had left), but I missed out on many others that I would have loved to obtain. The studio-painted versions are marvellous, but the unpainted casts are not for me, because I do not have the necessary skill to paint them myself.
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon   2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 9:54 pm

Cooperoceras - CollectA

I love their nautilids and ammonites.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon   2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 3:00 am

The 2022 STS Prehistoric Figure of the Yar is the Eofauna Konobelodon!!!
First win for this brand which makes amazing prehistoric proboscidians.
It was not an easy task, PNSO Deinocheirus, probably one of the most beautiful dinosaur figures of ever, was a strong candidat too.
Thanks everyone for voting! Below the winner and the final ranking.

2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Eofauna008

1st Konobelodon atticus- Eofauna  25%
2nd Deinocheirus - PNSO 19%
3rd Wooly mammoth - Mojö Fun 10%
4th Paraceratherium - CollectA 9%
4th Steller's sea cow - Kaiyodo  9%
6th Styracosaurus - PNSO 7%
7th Spectacled cormorant- Kaiyodo 6%
7th Cooperoceras - CollectA 6%
9th Diplodocus carnegii- Eofauna 4%
9th Triceratops horridus 1:35 Alpha Male “Trident” King version - Rebor 4%

Interesting the 3rd place of the Mojö Fun Mammoth moving the CollectA Paraceratherium to the 4th place.
The 2nd place of the PNSO Deinocheirus makes it the favorite 2022 dinosaur of our community. Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon   2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 4:45 am

I love this Konobelodon. I bought one for my collection even though I don't really collect prehistoric creatures. And it's just a super quality, very detailed, and beautiful model. I'm very happy with it. What a great winner!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Hanno

Hanno

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon   2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 8:38 am

Well done to Eofauna, and the Konobelodon. I still wish they would make it in 1/20 scale, though!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon   2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 2:46 pm

Beautiful winner that really deserves this win, and a wonderful brand too that makes wonderful models! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon   2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon Empty

Back to top Go down

2022 Prehistoric Figure of the Year - Eofauna Konobelodon
Page 1 of 1