Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo

Go down 
+3
Ana
spacelab
Saarlooswolfhound
7 posters

Select Your Favorite!
Appaloosa Bay Overo Paint - CollectA
2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Vote_lcap24%2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Vote_rcap
 24% [ 19 ]
Arabian Mare - CollectA
2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Vote_lcap1%2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Criollo Stallion - WIA
2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Vote_lcap19%2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Vote_rcap
 19% [ 15 ]
Hanoverian Stallion - CollectA
2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Vote_lcap11%2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Vote_rcap
 11% [ 9 ]
Yakutian Stallion - CollectA
2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Vote_lcap13%2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Vote_rcap
 13% [ 10 ]
Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo - WIA
2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Vote_lcap27%2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Vote_rcap
 27% [ 21 ]
Akhal-Teke - Breyer
2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Vote_lcap5%2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Vote_rcap
 5% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 79

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Empty
PostSubject: 2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo    2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 5:45 am

Dear STS Forum villagers! 

I am excited to present the final poll for the 2022 Horse Figure of the Year! The poll is now open! You have 7 days to select a model, the poll with close on February 24th. Remember you can only vote for one, but you can change your vote as long as the poll is open. The winner here will move on to the final category for Figure of the Year! 

Here are the finalists: 

CollectA Appaloosa Bay Overo Paint - 

2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  600px-Collecta-paing-george1

CollectA Arabian Mare Liver Chestnut - 

2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Coll-Arabian-TAW
[/size]

WIA Criollo Stallion - 

2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  600px-Wia-criolo-george1

CollectA Hanoverian Stallion -

2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Coll-Hano-TAW

Yakutian Stallion - 

2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Coll-Yakut-TAW

2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  VinGrey1

Akhal-Teke Stallion - Breyer
2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Melekush

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo    2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 8:56 am

The poll choices don't match with the photos/models given on the post..
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo    2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 11:32 am

I think only the Hanoverian horse doesn't match, the photo shows a Saddlebred.

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo    2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 1:01 pm

These two horses will enter this poll too.
Those who already voted can change their choice if one of these two is the favorite.
Please let me know if the pictures are correct now and Paige, thanks for rescuing me for this topic. flower

2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Wia-vincenzo-grey1vincenzo-

Akhal-Teke Stallion - Breyer
2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Melekush

Last edited by Roger on Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo    2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 4:04 pm

Sorry but there's still a slight picture issue with the horses - that rare colour Ahkal Teke wasn't a 2022 model, he was only available at Breyerfest in 2021 (no other batches were made and it was never stocked in shops or online, so any of this release bought in 2022 would have been on the second hand market only, which I assume excludes them from the 'figure of the year' rules!)

If you'd like an example which was a 2022 release, just swap to use my other picture, here : https://i.postimg.cc/RF2CkNKr/Melekush.jpg

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo    2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 4:46 pm

George wrote:
Sorry but there's still a slight picture issue with the horses - that rare colour Ahkal Teke wasn't a 2022 model, he was only available at Breyerfest in 2021 (no other batches were made and it was never stocked in shops or online, so any of this release bought in 2022 would have been on the second hand market only, which I assume excludes them from the 'figure of the year' rules!)

If you'd like an example which was a 2022 release, just swap to use my other picture, here : https://i.postimg.cc/RF2CkNKr/Melekush.jpg

Thanks George, I was fearing it actually. Laughing
Thanks a lot for pointing to the correct color and also thanks for letting us to use your beautiful photos which are much nicer than the official pictures.
It seems we will have a WIA battle here. Wink

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo    2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 6:02 pm

Man I buggered the topic up... sorry guys! Thank heavens for Roger. Laughing

Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo    2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 5:59 pm

I'm not a big horse collector, but here in this topic, is my personal favorit for figure of the year.... Ok, Wia Criollo.. Wink

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo    2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 6:21 pm

Actually I love every single figure in this poll. It is always surprising to me to see repainted moulds in a final poll but even those are very good.
I only have those WIA models but they are out of this world.
Schleich, Papo and Mojö Fun are out of this final, The best Schleich on the previous stage were the Oldenburger stallion and the respective foal. The best Papo was the Clydesdale and the best Mojö Fun were the Lusitano and the Brumby stallion.
It seems the core brands at this scale are now CollectA and WIA.

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo    2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 7:17 pm

Yes, they are all very beautiful. Collecta horses are at a high level, but these Wia horses are a big surprise for me. And I also appreciate their unusual pose.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo    2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 3:20 pm

I find it intriguing that out of the four CollectA horses, only one, the Yakutian, is a new figure for 2022. The other three are simply repaints of the first Deborah McDermott models from 2010 and 2011.
While the high quality painting on these figures is unquestionable, I wonder about the votes they received given their lack of originality.
Even the fact the "Appaloosa" horse is performing much better than the Hanoverian is somewhat misterious to me.
I'm convinced the dapple grey color is more challenging for mass production than the Bay Overo Paint but I may be wrong.
Also, while one is just a color breed, it could work with many other moulds, the Hanoverian is nearly perfect in terms of sculpt.
Without questioning or trying to influence anyone's choices, it shows how unpredictable these polls are. Wink

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo    2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 5:14 pm

And the winner is... WIA's Vincenzo Andalusian Stallion in Grey! 

2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  VinGrey1

Thank you to everyone who participated!

George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo    2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 5:58 pm

Oh, congratulations to WIA and the beautiful Vincenzo sculpt.
I just realised today that I own all the models on the poll (in the most literal sense, too - those exact ones in the photos are mine Laughing ), so in a way I've already supported all of them by giving my hard-earned money to the companies and the precious shelf space to the model horses! So I'd have been happy whichever won this particular round Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo    2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 6:17 pm

Laughing Yes George, pictures and figures are yours! Thanks for allowing us to use them.
I'm so happy about the winner, I know the CollectA Appaloosa repainted is beautiful but that's just a repaint of an old known horse. I suspect it is marked with the year 2010 or so. Laughing
From those listed, I only have the Wia models, Andalusian in both colors. It is so expressive, the pose is so unusual and not the most popular I'd say.
I bow to the victor. cheers

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo    2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 10:55 pm

Another very worthy winner, such a stunning model and interesting pose! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo    2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo  Empty

Back to top Go down

2022 Horse Figure of the Year - WIA Andalusian Stallion Vincenzo
Page 1 of 1