Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?

Go down 
+9
A-J
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
lucky luke
Caracal
pipsxlch
Roger
Kikimalou
Ana
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? Empty
PostSubject: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 7:16 pm

Hi everyone!

For the last two years, we had this painting event on the forum happening in May. I was wondering if some of you would like to join me again this year. Perhaps we could even make the STS Painting Month a yearly tradition here? Very Happy

I think some of you probably remember how it works from the previous editions but I thought I would explain it shortly.

What is this event and why would you participate? It is a whole month dedicated to painting one of your projects - painting or repainting a model animal. We will start painting in May and hopefully finish our projects within that one month. If you, just like me, have a growing collection of projects to paint or repaint "someday in the future" and you're waiting for a good moment to start working on them, then it can be a perfect time!

If there is any interest I will open 3 topics dedicated to this event. The first one would be only for the "before" pictures of your chosen model. The second one for all discussion and work-in-progress pictures and I will open it on the 1st of May. The last one will be only for the photos of your finished work (also opens in May). If you finish your model and post the photo of your finished model on the special topic then a photo of your work will be included in the final photo collage which I'll create early in June.

What do you all think?

If you're hesitant or never painted a model before but you feel like you would like to try, I will be happy to help. I can offer advice about materials and techniques, maybe even basic tutorials about the most common techniques Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 7:32 pm

I think is is a great tradition and I will participate for sure this year at last cheers
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 12:19 am

Count me in! I love taking part, and seeing what everyone else is getting up to Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 1:20 am

I can't join but I enjoy the initiative and if you want me to promote it in any way since the forum is a little sleepy, please let me know. flower

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 4:03 pm

Yay, I'm happy to have you on board, Kikimalou, and George! cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yes, sure, that would be great! What can you do to promote it? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 12:25 am

I can send a newsletter, put an announcement or anything else you find useful.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 2:35 am

Hmm, not sure what I'd do but I'd love to participate. It's great fun!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 3:50 am

yes please!
I have some already waiting to be done (I've not forgotten Roger Wink )
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 10:30 am

Hi Anna! I shall try to participate this year hoping my camping site will let me enough time!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 12:16 am

Nice to see more people joining the initiative. Very Happy

sunny wrote:
yes please!
I have some already waiting to be done (I've not forgotten Roger Wink  )

Wink

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 4:39 pm

Me too Anna I can participate this year cheers Wink
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 5:41 pm

Awesome, I'm very happy to hear about you all joining again! And Jean Luc for the first time! cheers Yay!! Very Happy

Roger wrote:

Could you add an announcement under the banner, similar to the ones we had for the STS model of the year? Maybe with a link to this topic? That would be fantastic Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 5:43 pm

pipsxlch wrote:

Mini Bean? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 6:21 pm

Ana wrote:
pipsxlch wrote:

Mini Bean? Very Happy
That's an idea Shocked Laughing I do like painting dogs...
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 1:02 pm

This is a wonderful idea and I really would love to participate! cheers Just working out whether I will have the time scratch Sad I really hope I will, I enjoyed it so much last year! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 1:41 pm

Ana wrote:

Roger wrote:

Could you add an announcement under the banner, similar to the ones we had for the STS model of the year? Maybe with a link to this topic? That would be fantastic Very Happy

Done. Very Happy

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 3:27 pm

Bonnie wrote:
This is a wonderful idea and I really would love to participate! cheers Just working out whether I will have the time scratch Sad I really hope I will, I enjoyed it so much last year! sunny

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed it last year Very Happy Would be fantastic to have you on board again. No pressure, of course, first things first, and this is just for fun Wink

Roger wrote:
Ana wrote:

Roger wrote:

Done. Very Happy

Thank you!! cheers

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 10:28 pm

I am interested! I should have participated last year and would like to participate this round. I just don't know that I commit a hard deadline... Adulting these days keeps me busy.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptyWed Apr 12, 2023 4:34 am

Roger wrote:
Ana wrote:

Roger wrote:

Done. Very Happy

I clicked on the link CLICK HERE!!! and it wasn't working for me

maybe it was just me?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptyWed Apr 12, 2023 1:30 pm

sunny wrote:
Roger wrote:
Ana wrote:

Roger wrote:

Done. Very Happy

I clicked on the link  CLICK HERE!!! and it wasn't working for me

maybe it was just me?

No, it was not working, when I tested it first it was good but later I changed a little thing and it was enough to put the link into a dysfunctional status. Laughing I think it is working now, thanks for pointing it to me. Wink

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 8:42 am

It works now because thanks to the promotion I didn't miss this topic cheers I would love to participate this year too bounce I've been a bit sleepy towards to forum too lately, so I'm glad I this event will hopefully wake me up a bit :)

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 9:55 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I am interested! I should have participated last year and would like to participate this round. I just don't know that I commit a hard deadline... Adulting these days keeps me busy.

Would be fantastic if you could join! Very Happy And if you don't finish before the deadline that's okay too, no stress. The deadline is for extra motivation only. Very Happy

A-J wrote:
It works now because thanks to the promotion I didn't miss this topic cheers I would love to participate this year too bounce I've been a bit sleepy towards to forum too lately, so I'm glad I this event will hopefully wake me up a bit :)

Yay, A-J! cheers

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 2:57 am

A friend's dog tore her ACL and needs expensive surgery. I was thinking of painting a blank Windstone sculpture to sell and raise money for her. Would something like that count? It would be a fantasy creature of some sort, and a cast gypsum statuette not a plastic toy. If I do that, it would reduce time I have for a toy figure. (been working on ideas for victims though!)
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 8:08 am

pipsxlch wrote:
A friend's dog tore her ACL and needs expensive surgery. I was thinking of painting a blank Windstone sculpture to sell and raise money for her. Would something like that count? It would be a fantasy creature of some sort, and a cast gypsum statuette not a plastic toy. If I do that, it would reduce time I have for a toy figure. (been working on ideas for victims though!)

Of course it would count! Very Happy What a beautiful way of helping your friend!

And fingers crossed for your friend's dog, I hope the surgery goes well I love you
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 10:50 am

pipsxlch wrote:

I hope everything goes well to recover! Poor dog... I cannot wait to see what you create!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next