Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?

Go down 
+9
A-J
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
lucky luke
Caracal
pipsxlch
Roger
Kikimalou
Ana
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 16, 2023 2:42 am

I posted the offer on that forum, and not a peep of interest. I don't know if I should invest the roughly $100 it would cost me buying the blank and shipping to me then the buyer, forget about time and paint invested. Maybe I'll just send her some money and paint the toy instead.

If you wanted to see those types of figures, here are a couple links that show most of the ones I've painted.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Katarzyna

Katarzyna

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2023 1:34 am

I’d love to join! The problem is I don’t know which figurine from my body box I’d pick! I have a one repaint started (it’s a Schleich dog, now basecoated with acrylics), I have to choose a new project to be fair? bounce
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2023 3:08 am

I don't think anyone would mind if you used the already basecoated dog. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2023 6:25 pm

Would be great to have you, Katarzyna! : cheers:
Yes, you can start with a model primed or base coated beforehand Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2023 7:01 pm

Well, I went ahead and ordered this sculpt [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to hopefully raise some money for my friend and her dog Liberty. I was thinking of a paint job loosely based on a harpy eagle. Would that be acceptable here? If not, I can use your idea, Ana; I can turn one of my Wing Mau puppies into a Beanlet. One of the Eyscota pups might work better though, hmm...
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2023 7:35 pm

Either way I would love to see your windstone repaint Kelly. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Katarzyna

Katarzyna

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2023 4:39 pm

I decided to start a new project instead. Very Happy I feel pretty unmotivated with this dog so I’ll try something easier. I’ll be repainting a Schleich Bunny to European Rabbit. Today I want to give this figure a fresh primer coat and start prepping. bounce
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 7:34 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
Well, I went ahead and ordered this sculpt [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to hopefully raise some money for my friend and her dog Liberty. I was thinking of a paint job loosely based on a harpy eagle. Would that be acceptable here? If not, I can use your idea, Ana; I can turn one of my Wing Mau puppies into a Beanlet. One of the Eyscota pups might work better though, hmm...

Yes, fantasy animals like this one are welcome Smile It's very cute, and I like the idea of Harpy Eagle color inspiration! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 7:52 pm

When you are sure about your choice, you can post a photo of it in our BEFORE topic [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 11:43 pm

Should I update the announcement? Wink

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 10:33 am

Yes, please! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 12:20 pm

Ana wrote:
Yes, please! Very Happy

Done! Wink

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 11:14 am

I haven't decided yet, there's three options - one seems too easy and straightforward to be interesting enough, one far too difficult and over-challenging so I might fail part way, and one I'm just not in the right mood to tackle! Maybe I'll pick something else entirely by the end of the month to avoid all these problem projects Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 6:52 pm

George wrote:
I haven't decided yet, there's three options - one seems too easy and straightforward to be interesting enough, one far too difficult and over-challenging so I might fail part way, and one I'm just not in the right mood to tackle! Maybe I'll pick something else entirely by the end of the month to avoid all these problem projects Laughing

Since I haven't been painting seriously in over a year I have an entire tote full of "victims" to paint... I have too many choices and really need to narrow it down!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 7:04 pm

I haven't decided on a victim yet. But I do know that I want to try a new technique. Painting in oil paints that I will make myself from pigment and linseed oil. Experiments so far were very promising but I have yet to use it on a real project. bounce

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 2:20 am

I won't be able to tackle it this year, but I can't wait to see everyone's work! cheers
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 5:33 pm

George wrote:

This afternoon I had a really good idea I'm very excited about, so that will be my project for model painting month! I just placed a little order for 'bodies' (there was 10% off for picking four from the same seller, so I just had to put more in the parcel Laughing ), and I already have the paint colours I'll need, so I can get started and join the other thread in a few days time. Avoid decision-making by painting something else entirely, that's me Laughing

sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 9:27 pm

I've decided what I will be doing, so I posted on the Before thread!

great to hear about everyone else getting into the spirit of it! Applause

Kelly your dragons are Amazing! What a talent you have for them, as well as Tenderfoot the rooster Very Happy
I hope everything goes well for Liberty and she makes a fast recovery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?   Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Any interest in 2023 edition of the STS Model Painting Month?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2