Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!

Go down 
+23
Stripedhyena
Saarlooswolfhound
Numa
Bloodrayne
Balaenoptera
Sergey
Nasreddin
Katy Leven
Bonnie
sunny
bjarki12
Brandubh94
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
Taos
widukind
Joliezac
landrover
lucky luke
Caracal
Kikimalou
Ana
Jill
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 6:31 am

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 8:23 am

Very Happy Applause cheers drunken

I have been impatiently waiting for this species by a major brand for years Wink flower study Palmface
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 9:48 am

Maybe Safari or CollectA will make one someday! They are really superb animals. Did you know they could be "golden"?

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 12:13 pm

Beautiful family! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 5:54 am

Thank you Alain. :)

Howler monkeys!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The "howl" call is possible because of their specialized hyoid bone. Only males make this call, not females. Their tails have tactile pads much like their hands and feet; this enables them to feel things just like their palms, soles, and fingers do! (They look really odd if anyone wants to Google it...).

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 6:11 pm

Nice monkeys again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 5:16 am

Thank you Andreas. :)

For Roger. Very Happy

I always forget how big these guys really are- up to 2 meters long! Despite being toothless, these guys are FAR from harmless; they have been documented as fending off pumas and even jaguars with their front claws! Lastly, they have the lowest known average temperature for a mammal of 89.6 F or 32 C.

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 5:39 am

Great selection again cheers cheers cheers cheers

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 5:56 am

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 12:28 pm

Beautiful anteaters!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2023 5:09 am

Thank you everyone! 

Marmosets are next! 

The name marmoset comes from the French word 'marmouset' which means 'dwarf' or 'little'; appropriate for some of the smallest monkeys out there. There are 22 species spread through 4 genera. It is common for males of this species to be colorblind! It has been documented in some females also, but in large part they can see more colors than the males do. Lastly, they are insectivores and exudativores (meaning they eat gooey plant substances like sap, gum, etc. that excude)!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2023 6:54 am

Sadly that there are only so less figures

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 6:50 am

I wish there were more too! Maybe someday.

Tamandua!

These animals can hold up to 1lbs of ants ( .45 kilograms) in it's stomach! That's quite a lot when the animal itself is usually a bit less than 20lbs. They also are known as being quite smelly with a musky scent 4 times stronger than that of a skunk.

Back to top Go down
Nasreddin

Nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 7:14 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Tamandua!

I have tamandua figurine by Eikoh.
It's interesting to see a comparison between Mojo and mine! I guess Eikoh is smaller than Mojo
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 4:33 pm

molla.nasreddin wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Tamandua!

I have tamandua figurine by Eikoh.
It's interesting to see a comparison between Mojo and mine! I guess Eikoh is smaller than Mojo

I am sure Eikoh is smaller than Mojo.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 4:58 pm

I love the pose of the one on the right! What brand is it?

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Nasreddin

Nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 10:59 pm

Joliezac wrote:
I love the pose of the one on the right! What brand is it?
 Kaiyodo
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 12:02 am

That's over a million ants in their stomach. But don't worry, there are an estimated 20 quadrillion ants.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 5:07 am

Thanks for doing the math Roger, that is a LOT of ants!

Spider monkeys!

There are 7 species and 7 subspecies of spider monkeys; and every one is at risk of extinction because of habitat encroachment/deforestation. Their tails are also hairless on the underside so it can grab branches more easily and they also lack a proper thumb; there is only a small vestigial nub. They reproduce very slowly, thus encumbering efforts to breed them in captivity or return them to the wild (they are pregnant for 7 months, often have one offspring, and won't have another for 2-4 years).

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 11:23 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 11:45 pm

Monkeys, anteaters, very rich amazonian fauna! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 12:47 am

I'm a bit late, as I often am these days. Embarassed
I really like your customised Tapirs. As for your fun facts about squirrel monkeys, I'll remember them the next time one of them tries to shake my hand. Laughing
You've got the biggest collection of spectacled bears I've ever seen. Shocked
I didn't know about the howler's tail. It's amazing what you learn on this topic. Very Happy
Very nice army of giant anteaters too, I have a lot of them too and I'm very surprised that we only have 5 in common. The biodiversity of the collections will win the day. cheers
Looking at your tamandua, and in particular their ears, it seems more and more obvious to me that the PV is a northern tamandua.
Thank you for all these beautiful family photos Applause
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 7:43 am

Thank you Andreas, Alain, and Kiki. @Kiki, glad you enjoy the "fun facts" section. I try to find things to share that I feel like are uncommon, and most of the time it is stuff I didn't know about either! 

Jaguars!

They are rated as one of the strongest bite forces for mammals respective to their size; up to 887 newtons on their canine tips. That is enough to crush an 18 lbs bowling ball. Melanistic jaguars are rather common, roughly 10% of the population can be born with this dark color morph.

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 9:00 pm

Very nice

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 4:53 am

Thank you! 

Capuchins!

This group of monkeys are highly intelligent and have rather sophisticated tool use; they collect water in containers, use stones as hammers, spongey material to absorb juice and make chisels to break into items (logs, nuts, etc.). They are also very social animals and are known for their array of facial expressions; this makes them popular as performers in things like movies[size=34].[/size]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next