Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!

Go down 
+23
Stripedhyena
Saarlooswolfhound
Numa
Bloodrayne
Balaenoptera
Sergey
molla.nasreddin
Katy Leven
Bonnie
sunny
bjarki12
Brandubh94
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
Taos
widukind
Joliezac
landrover
lucky luke
Caracal
Kikimalou
Ana
Jill
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 11:18 pm

It seems you have all the jags from the contemporary main brands! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 5:43 am

Really nice group

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 6:07 pm

Thank you everyone!

Ocelots!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A lot of people forget that this cat ranges as far north as the Southern US! They eat up to 7% of their body weight in meat DAILY. They are another cat species that don't mind water and are seen swimming semi-regularly.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 6:11 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 6:33 pm

Beautiful! Too bad there are none in production right now. I’d love to see Safari make one

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 8:02 pm

.. me too!.. or CollctA! :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 5:20 am

The very last of the monkeys.  :'(

We have a uakari, a woolly, a Atlantic titi, and an unknown Nayab (I see it got moved again back to rhesus macaque on TAW...)

Being largely arboreal, woolly monkeys rarely walk on the ground; but when they do it is often on 2 legs and using the tail actively for balance. Because their tails are so muscular and their fingers so nimble, they are often observed eating while upside down!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 5:36 am

I like monkeys. And i like that "old" stuff

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:41 pm

Me too Andreas, me too. :)

Brown throated sloths!

Baby sloths will develop algae growth in their fur after only a few weeks, developing these colonies from being in close contact with their mother. They are great swimmers and do so often. Males have a bright yellow or orange patch of scent glands on their back between their shoulders (the CollectA presents this trait).

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 6:59 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2023 3:16 pm

Great sloths, look at all those gangly limbs going in all directions. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2023 8:58 pm

Thank you Andreas and Jill. :)

Jaguarundi, Andean cat, bush dog.

Bush dogs often hunt in packs and can bring down prey as large as rhea and capybara! They have the local nickname of "vinegar dog" because of their odor. Like other dog species, they are known to use water as an advantage while hunting.

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2023 9:07 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers drunken Bush dogs bounce
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2023 9:41 pm

Three wonderful, unusual animals. I've only seen a live bush dog once, at Zoo Atlanta many years ago. I hadn't really heard of them before then, but I like the modern meme description of them as a cross between a bear and a corn dog. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2023 6:35 am

Thank you Luke and Jill. I LOVE bush dogs. Little squat weirdos of the dog world...

Next are more sloths; the two-toed Hoffman's and Linnaeus'.

Speaking on sloths in general again; it can take up to a month for them to digest a meal of leaves! It is not properly understood yet but it is also believed they either lick the algae growth on their fur or somehow absorb nutrients through their skin from it. Because they are rather awkward animals and their slow gut action, they descend from the canopy once a WEEK to defecate.

The Mojo holds a special place in my heart. If I am not mistaken (and I may be because it was so long ago) but this was one of the first models presented to STS by Mojo's founder Mr. James Connolly for the community to critique and influence the final product (the sable antelope was the very first I think but only(?) moderators were allowed to help initially). I remember the discussions and the excitement then... and the model is still dear to me at least for that historical trait. But I digress from my nostalgia...

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2023 10:12 am

2 must haves

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2023 10:00 pm

I like the jaguarundi flower flower

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2023 7:39 am

What brand is the bushdog?

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2023 1:33 pm

Very Happy which brand is the bush dog please?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2023 5:50 pm

Its a custom model done by myself. It was originally the Nayab mini badger. Very Happy

Giant armadillos!

The word "armadillo" means "little armored one" in spanish. They are actually good swimmers and can hold their breath for 6 minutes! They also are one of very few species that eat fire ants.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2023 6:10 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2023 6:38 pm

OK thank you Paige it is very well done! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyThu Sep 28, 2023 11:42 am

Sometimes I feel like having favorite animals is something somewhat childish but armadillos are surely among my favorite animals. Laughing I'm so happy Schleich is releasing a new one this year. Are fire ants spicy?

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyThu Sep 28, 2023 6:38 pm

Thank you everyone! And I agree Roger. :) Armadillos are great animals! I would guess that fire ants do tingle a bit when you eat them. Wink

Next are capybaras! Then I think there are only 2 photos left to share for this continent.

These animals are autocoprophagous (meaning they eat their own feces); this practice is to repopulate their gut with beneficial bacteria for digestion and to give their gut a second chance to take more nutrients from their very fibrous diet! They also may take naps submerged in water with only their nostrils above the surface.

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 EmptyThu Sep 28, 2023 10:07 pm

cheers cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next