Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!

Go down 
+23
Stripedhyena
Saarlooswolfhound
Numa
Bloodrayne
Balaenoptera
Sergey
molla.nasreddin
Katy Leven
Bonnie
sunny
bjarki12
Brandubh94
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
Taos
widukind
Joliezac
landrover
lucky luke
Caracal
Kikimalou
Ana
Jill
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptyFri 29 Sep 2023 - 1:25

[quote="Saarlooswolfhound"]Thank you Andreas and Jill. :)

Jaguarundi, Andean cat, bush dog.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What brand are the bushdog and sand cat, please?

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptyFri 29 Sep 2023 - 2:24

The bushdog is a custom figure by myself. The Andean mountain cat is a Yowies.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptyFri 29 Sep 2023 - 5:17

Good work with the bushdog

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptyFri 29 Sep 2023 - 11:30

Laughing The word tingle, as a verbe, in my language, is derivative from the Portuguese word for ant. Laughing Ant=formiga, tingle=formigar. So you're surely right. Wink
Another fantastic animal, the capybara, I see Mojö's model didn't receive any atention. Actually, it is the least interesting among major brands. I have myself CollectA's and Safari's but not Mojö's.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptyFri 29 Sep 2023 - 17:42

Indeed I need to get the other capybaras... but I do really like Safari's so I have the urgency for the others I guess.

Guanaco and giant river otter!

Giant river otters are known as "river wolves" because of the strong similarities to actual wolves (social structure, behavior, niche role, etc.). They can swim 330 feet (100 meters) in 30 seconds! They are very accomplished hunters on their own or in social groups!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptyFri 29 Sep 2023 - 20:24

I love to watch otters howling at the moon. Laughing Actually that's a good candidat for my collection. Very Happy

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptyFri 29 Sep 2023 - 20:35

Are there any other giant otter figures out there? I love the Yowie one. It's such a cool species but doesn't have quite the same "cute" vibe as the NARO and the small claw I guess. Actually, is there a small claw figure anywhere??
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptyFri 29 Sep 2023 - 22:18

The bush dog is beautifully made! And the giant river otter is quite unique too. I think there are quite a few small-clawed otters by Japanese companies.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptyFri 29 Sep 2023 - 22:32

Yes, there are a few Asian small-clawed otters, there's even a Yowie.
They can be found on TAW in this page. :)

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptySat 30 Sep 2023 - 13:31

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptySat 30 Sep 2023 - 18:07

Thank you all again!

Would you believe the bushdog was this first?

Very last update for South American fauna!

Tayras are often used for pest control in rural villages. These animals are very adept and fast travelers over land, in water, or through the canopy. Lastly while they are often classified as carnivores they are actually omnivores; they enioy fruits as well as prey or carrion.

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptySat 30 Sep 2023 - 21:36

A tayra! I wondered what it was. A species I didn't know.

No, I didn't expect that the bush dog came from a badger, though I guess we can't be sure that Nayab intended it as a badger. It made quite a transformation.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptySun 1 Oct 2023 - 12:16

Beautieful

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptySun 1 Oct 2023 - 13:52

It's very ingenious of you to turn what is conventionally considered a badger into a bushdog. It would be impossible to guess which model served as the basis for the transformation.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptyMon 2 Oct 2023 - 6:04

Thank you friends! The badger wasn't too bad to fix up. The major thing was repositioning the tail and adding some bulk to the shoulder girdle.

Anyhow, the South American page is now live on TCC!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptyMon 2 Oct 2023 - 15:15

Alrighty, the next section requires a bit more explanation. More or less it is the last mammal category for my wildlife and contains fauna from North America and Europe. These are species that live in more temperate regions of the world. As a canine enthusiast and since this category has the most well represented canine species... there is a lot. Very Happy Of wolves in particular. I have decided to space them out a bit rather than present them all at once. Anyhow... here we go!

First up are a North American species and 2 European. :) My Mexican gray wolves, Iberian, and European gray wolves.

My Mexican wolves are customized. This species has been endangered since the 70s. Conservation efforts have developed a new method to boost numbers and genetic diversity in the wild; "fostering" is taking captive bred pups and transplanting them into a litter, covering them in feces and nesting material of the existing litter to cover strange scents, and then they are accepted and raised as wild pups. It has proven as very successful to aid one of the most endangered canine types.

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptyMon 2 Oct 2023 - 19:27

Your customs are beautiful, very excited to see your wolf collection. Very Happy Also love those weird little mammals, always love a weird little mammal.

Roger wrote:
Oh thank you, I never quite clocked that there was a yowie! I guess I could have just looked them up myself, haha, oops!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptyMon 2 Oct 2023 - 21:40

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptyMon 2 Oct 2023 - 23:17

Love your customs, Paige! Who loves wolves? Wink

Jill wrote:
Your customs are beautiful, very excited to see your wolf collection. Very Happy Also love those weird little mammals, always love a weird little mammal.

Roger wrote:
Oh thank you, I never quite clocked that there was a yowie! I guess I could have just looked them up myself, haha, oops!

There isn't anything more motivating for a TAW editor than our dear collectors forget to check the wiki pages. Laughing
I'm kidding, you are very welcome and I hope you continue helping us to complete the millions of pages dedicated to tiny figures nobody have seen before. Razz Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptyTue 3 Oct 2023 - 15:11

Thank you everyone. :)

American Bison

This is the country mammal for the US. These animals have continuously roamed the land in Yellowstone National Park for thousands of years since prehistory! Their tails are a good way to identify moods; hanging down and flicking back and forth it is relaxed, the more the tail might be raised upwards indicates stress and aggression for these animals. Their calves are nicknamed "red dogs" because of their color and playful nature.

As a side note, I love bison and this is an animal I know quite well as I grew up just a few hours from YNP. :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptyTue 3 Oct 2023 - 15:22

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptyTue 3 Oct 2023 - 21:59

The eyes of the bison with its tail up in the last photo definitely look aggressive!

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptyTue 3 Oct 2023 - 23:27

I LOVE that Bullyland calf! I didn't know it existed. Beautiful herd!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2023 - 15:24

Thank you my friends!

Red wolves

This is a very unique but sadly severely threatened species. There are less than 20 known individuals in the wild (in North Carolina) and around 240 in captivity. There has been discoveries of what was hoped to be new populations but sadly they had already interbred with coyotes significantly. There is a renewed hope that wild numbers may be bolstered by the previously discussed tactic of fostering and transplanting pups into wild litters. It would be shame to lose such a unique wild canine but politics play an enormous role in its conservation status and real world outlook.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2023 - 16:32

cheers cheers

I missing the best, the MArx WWF red wolf

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next