Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!

Go down 
+23
Stripedhyena
Saarlooswolfhound
Numa
Bloodrayne
Balaenoptera
Sergey
Nasreddin
Katy Leven
Bonnie
sunny
bjarki12
Brandubh94
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
Taos
widukind
Joliezac
landrover
lucky luke
Caracal
Kikimalou
Ana
Jill
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptySat May 27, 2023 6:06 am

Love the echidnas and quokkas! Now you have me googling echidna and manatee skeletons... The manatee one looks super odd but makes sense, the echidna I'd never be able to guess what animal that was Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptySat May 27, 2023 6:12 am

Glad to be of educational service! My Comparative Anatomy and Evolution classes in college were my favorite. And it taught me sooooo much about the scaffolding of the animal kingdom! Rabbits are one of those that would be to guess too... I would have to look at their skull in particular... but I won't give the secret away just yet! I may use it as my rabbit trivia. Wink

Thank you Jolie.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptySun May 28, 2023 3:41 pm

What brand is the quokka in the middle?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptySun May 28, 2023 3:43 pm

Sadly, I have no idea. The member I got it from here doesn't know either.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptySun May 28, 2023 7:52 pm

Double upload since I missed last night...
Quoll!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Fun fact for a northern quoll, the males often die after the mating season, leaving only females and offspring present in the wild.

and my northern glider and leadbeater's possum.

Fun fact, leadbeater's possum was believed to be extinct for half a century. It was rediscovered in the 1960s!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptyMon May 29, 2023 1:51 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptyMon May 29, 2023 3:39 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptyMon May 29, 2023 10:01 pm

All the wonderful weird small mammals, great collection of them! It's neat that so many of them exist in model form.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptyTue May 30, 2023 4:46 am

Thank you Andreas, Taylor, and Jill!

This is a myriad of marsupials to round out this category for my collection. All marsupial mammals are now complete.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptyTue May 30, 2023 10:58 am

I like the figures so much

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptyTue May 30, 2023 4:59 pm

Me too Andreas. Very Happy Thank you!

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptyTue May 30, 2023 9:52 pm

Amazing marsupial collection!

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 2:44 am

This has been fun and as with Blaine's museum, I have learned a lot. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 7:27 am

Thank you Roger and Kelly!

The very last group, flying placental mammals (aka bats!) from Australia.

Southern bent-wing bat, grey-headed flying fox, Northern freetail bat.

While looking for an interesting fact to share, I found that grey-headed flying foxes have 20 teeth, while Northern freetail bats have 36! I could not find a dental formula for the bent-wing bat, but learned of a virus called the Australian bat lyssavirus (ABLV) that is a rabies like infection. Given that I just completed a book about rabies (Thank you Kelly!) it was an intriguing rabbit hole to fall down. Wink

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 7:53 am

I like bat figures :)

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 5:00 pm

Nice Australian fauna Paige cheers
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptyWed May 31, 2023 11:21 pm

Indeed! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2023 2:43 am

Nice bats, specially the bat on the glass. cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2023 7:01 am

Thank you everyone! Fernando, I love flying foxes and Schleich's from a few years ago was truly well done.

Now! We move a bit farther north and west... to Asia! And we may as well start with an iconic group... Giant Pandas.

Fun facts... there are lots... I will share that they have vertical pupils like cats or foxes, not round like many other mammals.

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2023 8:38 am

..I didn't know that..

this species is not vanishing on your shelves! Laughing cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2023 12:37 am

Thank you Alain! 

Goodness... I realized I should have started this category off with a canine! Here we go to... raccoon dogs! 

Fun fact... I have two! First, they are the only wild canines to hibernate and second, they can include several toxic toad species into their diet (producing copious amounts of saliva to dilute said toxin in their GI tract).

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2023 6:41 am

What brand is the largest raccoon dog?

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2023 8:32 am

Five models for a so few produiced species! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2023 2:57 pm

The biggest is a custom repaint done by myself. It was the Nayab raccoon.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2023 5:31 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
The biggest is a custom repaint done by myself. It was the Nayab raccoon.

Thank you

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next