Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!

Go down 
+23
Stripedhyena
Saarlooswolfhound
Numa
Bloodrayne
Balaenoptera
Sergey
molla.nasreddin
Katy Leven
Bonnie
sunny
bjarki12
Brandubh94
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
Taos
widukind
Joliezac
landrover
lucky luke
Caracal
Kikimalou
Ana
Jill
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 3:23 pm

Thank you everyone! I like my noah's pals too, but sadly my female has lost her horns...

Wild cats!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This cat was extirpated from many of it's native European countries in the late 19th century; there are some plans to try and reintroduce them in some areas. However, interbreeding with feral or otherwise outdoor domestic cats threatens the population further. In the wild they live to be 10 years old, and in captivity can live as long as 16+ years!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 3:28 pm

I need one. It is a pity this species is so uncommon in toy shape. It would sell as any other cat figure so I don't see any reason to brands avoid it.

Last edited by Roger on Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 6:26 pm

Interesting, the 2 only others i know are made by K&M and from the Golden Kompass

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 3:03 pm

Thank you! Very Happy

Armadillos! (9 banded)

They are almost always born as quadruplets! Surprisingly, they are excellent swimmers and can hold their breath for up to 6 minutes!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
molla.nasreddin

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 3:29 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Don't you buy buy new schleich 2024 armadillo?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 4:51 pm

I probably will, but it isn't available to me yet.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 5:38 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 5:53 pm

Roger wrote:
I need one. It is a pity this species is so uncommon in toy shape. It would sell as any other cat figure so I don't see any reason to brands avoid it.

I don't see either! scratch
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 6:13 pm

Armadillos are mostly about nin-banded or giants. Fortunately Eikoh released a different species and they provided the identification. That photo looks like a mother with very disciplined babies.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 6:46 pm

Love these armadillos. The Schleich is my favorite but I love the Safaris as well.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 8:26 pm

The third is an AAA isn't it ? I would love to catch one I love you

I have only six 9 banded armadillos, wity the AAA and new Schleich I would reach 8... need one more to have nine  Laughing

I hope Safari Ltd will make a Pink hairy armadillo for its IC series drunken
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 8:31 pm

cheers cheers cheers

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 8:46 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2023 3:06 pm

Thank you all friends!

Now we have pronghorn!

These are the fastest long distance runners in the world! They can run as fast as 56 km/h for 6 km (35 mph for 4 mi), 67 km/h for 1.6 km (42 mph for 1 mi), and 88.5 km/h for 0.8 km (55 mph for 0.5 mi). They are not designed to jump though, and prefer to climb under fences when needed. They have excellent eyesight as well and can pick out movement up to 3 miles away!

I love these animals and have had the pleasure to see them often when traveling. Locally they are referred to as "speed goats" and are truly a marvel to watch in action!

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2023 3:17 pm

Love pronghorn! Waiting for CollectA to hopefully make one

Everytime I hear of pronghorn I think of the Wild Kratts episode where they had an animal race and the pronghorn was victorious because it’s a Star long distance runner Laughing

I also got to see a wild one once on a drive to Utah. I’m hoping I can see some this year at Antelope Island Park when I go again.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2023 5:21 pm

Nice pronghorns and many unknwon figures of that

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2023 5:51 pm

Great collection of models.I only have 4 of these so need to try and get some more!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2023 6:16 pm

You will see some antelope on the island, that's why it is its namesake. :) They are a treat to see in person!

Thank you everyone.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2023 10:47 pm

I think it is the biggest collection of pronghorn antelopes I've ever seen.
What I like about these animals is that they cheat us. It is not a goat, not a deer, not an antelope and the closest extant relatives are giraffes and okapis. That's really cool. :)

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 3:17 pm

Thank you Roger! That is why I like them too. Very Happy

Marmots!

So I actually found lots of new info I didn't know in these guys. They live in colonies made up of "harems"; one male who has close relationships with 2 or 3 females. They spend about 60% of their life in hibernation and 80% of it underground! Their burrows average being 3 feet underground, but their special hibernation burrows have been measured at 23 feet! Lastly, females don't have offspring every year it is irregular; possibly due to female choice on when to reproduce?

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 3:57 pm

I love how well the Schleich and Papo fit together. 23 ft underground!? Wow!!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 4:12 pm

Great little group.I have a little family by Playmobil as well.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 9:05 pm

No Himalayan marmot by Naturalism?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 10:09 pm

I see prairie dogs will have their own picture. I remember someone on forum, a long time ago, who was collecting meerkats, marmotes are equally good since they display nicely together.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 10:44 pm

I have that marmot Andreas, but it was presented with my Asian animals. :) 

Thank you everyone!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!   3 - The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons! - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Griffons!
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next