Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here

Go down 
+15
Morek
A.R.Garcia
75senta75
rogerpgvg
George
sunny
Caracal
Saarlooswolfhound
A-J
Shanti
Kikimalou
pipsxlch
lucky luke
widukind
Ana
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 03, 2023 6:59 pm

Wonderful longhorns and boots of hay! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 03, 2023 11:09 pm

A.R.Garcia wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I’m happy that the model painting month happened again, and that I was able to get something done at the last minute. Very Happy

Now I’m going to take some time to look through everyone’s projects and results that I missed…

the tiny frog is incredible! it brings it all into perspective when I see the thumb nail sized frog beside the paperclip!
Amazing work :)

The longhorns are excellent!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 03, 2023 11:22 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Annette, I've just gone through your explanations in the "in progress" topic and I'm 95% delighted with the result!  Laughing
I'm looking forward to the remaining 5%.  Very Happy
Your choice of paint is very pertinent, original enough to bring out an exotic side to the animal but familiar enough to seem plausible. Bravo  Applause

Here is the 5% Christophe!

I added some black stripes to the face of the Hagerman Horses.

In line with the perpendicular striping on zebras - I placed 2 bars/spots behind the eye, a bar/spot above the eye and a line running under the eye.
Oryx and springbok in Namibia both have black eye bars that go right up to the eye. But on these horses I have made a gap so that more of the white patch is still visible. Once they get to Africa and have that constant heavy sub tropical heat and biting fly nuisance, they will then start to develop stronger striping on their face. As they spend a great majority of their time eating with their head down in the grasses, at around the 30cm flying height for tabanids, so having this deterrence is a must.

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 10:53 am

I'm late with my work this year, but finally, I have the collage for you! Two even!

The first one shows one finished piece per person Smile

The second one shows everything together, all the extra ones, too Very Happy

Thank you so much for participating in this year's STS Model Painting Month edition! And congratulations to everyone who finished their painting cheers

Question to our Admins (and everyone else, really). Would you like a temporary STS banner to celebrate the finale of the STS painting month? Or maybe is it too late for that, as it's two weeks past? Would any of you mind having your picture on display like this?

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 12:00 pm

What a colourful bunch of finished pieces drunken
Well done everyone cheers cheers And I like the collages and the banner too Anna Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 1:05 pm

Thank you Anna! I think a banner would be fun to have here.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 4:28 pm

I am far too late to this topic but a massive congratulations to everyone, each model is just stunning! cheers I love you So much talent and I have just loved going through every page of this topic and admiring each one! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2023 2:24 pm

Very nice job Anna Very Happy One more banner cheers Maybe a new tradition ? Wink
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2023 3:36 pm

Thank you Ana! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2023 4:14 pm

I'm very happy to read that you like it! cheers Very Happy

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2023 12:04 am

the banner looks wonderful Anna, thank you!
and it's great to see the 2 compilations as well with all the models painted Applause
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 14, 2023 6:55 pm

I’m extremely late (partly due to the fact that the “STS Model Painting Month” banner on the site was never updated for “after”/finished models. But here’s the repainted Nayab Sungrebe (Heliornis fulica) in its natural habitat:
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 2:27 am

Lovely work Birdsage! Congratulations for finishing your project! cheers

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 2:34 am

Great bird and beautiful painting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 3:36 am

Better late than never!Very Happy Fantastic work on this bird! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
baimax

baimax

Country/State : Us/TX

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 8:44 pm

Super late, but finally got around to painting my lion pride. A couple of different articulations in the pride, but most from AAA or in similar size. Different variations varied in color, so I wanted to give the whole pride a repaint to look cohesive. I’ve had this model for over 20 years, so taking a paintbrush to it was thrilling!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 10:01 pm

They look great! Congratulations and wonderful work both Birdsage and Baimax!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 3:12 pm

well done on the lions, I can see quite a big pride there?

Birdsage your bird is looking good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here   STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

STS Model Painting Month - post your FINISHED models here
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4