Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Papo Owls

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Papo Owls Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Papo Owls   Collection Review: Papo Owls EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 9:00 am

Hello everyone, for my second figure look around, I’ll be admiring a small collection of birds I have,
First, I’ll look at the two Papo owl figurines, both the Snowy Owl and the Barn Owl.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Figure Brand: Papo
Figure Name: Snowy Owl (50167) & Barn Owl (53000)
Sex: Both are ladies! ^^
Name(s): Snowy Owl is Hedwig(after a certain OTHER Snowy Owl) and Barn Owl is Hermione….
Year Made; Snowy Owl- 2015 and Barn Owl is 2013
Observations/Thoughts: These are gorgeous little figures, I love both of them dearly, but the only issue I have with them is really the pose of the Snowy Owl seems to be just a copy of the Barn Owl, or even a repainted model? I dunno…I would have probably preferred to have another pose for Hedwig the Snowy Owl, like maybe her wings splayed and her facing forward etc. or even doing an open wing, dive pose?
However, Hedwig the Snowy Owl DOES seem to have thicker, more feathery feet as real Snowy owls do so they get a point for realism on that.
I think maybe having Hermione, the Barn Owl doing the perching head to the left pose is enough really but oh well….
Anyway, I really love Hermione and the perching pose with her glancing to the side, makes it look like she’s on a moonlit branch watching for prey. Her feather patterns are also lovely (and looks realistic enough on both owls)  
The little faces on the pair are nice too, especially Hermione the Barn Owl, as these owls do have lovely little round cream faces, but as for Hedwig…I dunno, does she have a face that’s too round for a Snowy Owl? I thought they had a sharper face? A bit like that of a horned owl….
Rating: Hedwig the Snowy Owl: 3/5
Hermione the Barn Owl: 5/5
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Papo Owls   Collection Review: Papo Owls EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 9:33 am

I really like owl figures and you will here find some more interesting owl figures :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Papo Owls   Collection Review: Papo Owls EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 9:49 am

Thanks Widukind! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Papo Owls   Collection Review: Papo Owls Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Papo Owls
Page 1 of 1