Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull

Go down 
+2
Kikimalou
Brandubh94
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull   Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 5:46 pm

Time to have a look at another two figures from my collection, these two are probably some of my favorites, and one is definitely the oldest, so I have a great fondness for him...  Surprised
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Figure Brand: CollectA Muskox (88837)
Figure Name: Muskox (88837)
Sex: Male
Name(s): Ugrunaaluk ('Ancient Grazer' in the Iñupiaq language(?))
Year Made: 2018
Observations/Thoughts: He's a really chunky, rectangular figurine, I really like the sharp, spikey horns he has and the shaggy coat piling on his shoulders and then trailing to the ground. I called him Ugrunnaaluk, or 'Ancient Grazer' because he looks like one, he looks rather old and grouchy and like he knows a lot, but keeps most of that wisdom to himself.
There’s also a lovely grey-white highlighted area on his shoulders, which is nice to see. He’s not all the one block brown colour which I love, tones are a nice detail. Love the curtain of trailing hair he has around him, however at the very bottom it kinda gives the impression its...um…fitted around him? But then, that’s only visible if one turns him over.
Rating: 4/5

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Figure Brand: Papo
Figure Name(s): Andalusian Bull (51050)
Sex: Male
Name: Balthasar
Year Made: 2005
Observations/Thoughts: My first buy and because of that, one that’s very dear to my heart! I have loads of fond memories of him and associations with him. He’s also a really beautiful, dynamic sculpt, makes him look like he’s turning to charge!
He has a very strong, masculine aura about him, power seeps from him. The sculpt of course really demonstrates this, especially with the curved tail and the very alert looking head raised, just like he's going to start snorting and charging.
Probably the best pose for a bull either Papo or any other brand has, the others I've seen tend to just stand there as if in a farmer's market or something.
Rating: 5/5
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull   Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 6:04 pm

Interresting way of collecting Very Happy

You let me think about Gwaine, a Netherlands collector who show her collection in the same way !

I hope you will continue this topic, I like that kind of things Wink
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull   Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 6:06 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull   Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 6:09 pm

I love the CollectA muskox cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull   Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 6:12 pm

Hi Kikimalou,
Thank you, and yes, absolutely I will be working through my entire collection of animal figurines, aiming to 'review' look at approximately 1-2 per week! 😊
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull   Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 6:12 pm

Thanks Widukind!
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull   Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 6:13 pm

Hi Joliezac, yep, I adore him too actually. He's a great, chunky guy!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull   Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 7:03 pm

I'm surprised the muskox didn't get a 5. I don't have it yet but it is surely something I should get. It is also interesting to know the Spanish bull was your first figure. It has a very traditional pose like the bull logos we see on Spanish events.
You can present your figures in a single topic if you wish, I think it is easier for us to follow. You junt need to edit your first post updating the title and we will know something new is being presented. I can merge your topics if you wish. Very Happy

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull   Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 7:09 pm

Thank you Roger for your constructive criticism. I do love the Muskox also, I just tend to be hyper critical at times (we all have faults I suppose...?) 😅
In future posts, I might actually do one animal, or at least similar ones within the same review etc.
I'll see how I go with the cataloguing/reviewing collection I note future 😊👍
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull   Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 11:45 pm

I like the muskox too. cheers cheers

Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull   Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull EmptyFri Jun 09, 2023 7:54 am

Hi Landrover, yes, he's a fine lad alright!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull   Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: CollectA Muskox and Papo Andalusian Bull
Page 1 of 1