Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines  Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines  EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 9:54 am

Figure Brand: Papo, CollectA & Schleich

Figure Name(s): Papo Salers Cow (51042)
Schleich Galloway Cow (13960)
                CollectA Ankole Watusi Bull (88648)

Sex: Salers and Galloway Cows are females, the Ankole Watusi Bull is male

Name: Salers Cow- Flanna- Irish for ‘redheaded’
Galloway Cow- Maisie
Ankole Watusi Bull- Atu- Possibliy Persian for 'Strong and Powerful.'

Year Made: Salers Cow- 2005-2014, then re-released 2019
Galloway Cow- 2023
Ankole Watusi Bull- 2014

Observations/Thoughts: Nice cows from CollectA, Papo and Schleich, but this time my favourite one definitely goes to Schleich for their making of the Galloway Cow.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
She’s absolutely stunning, and a definite must for collectors of bovines and farm animals. Maisie is a Galloway Cow and probably my favourite of my domestic bovines. She has such a sweet soft look, her body is a gorgeous all over white, which I imagine feels really soft and thick, but her nose, ears and hooves are coal black. These markings make for a really striking looking cow. The only other colour on her is her peachy udders, aside from that she’s uniform black and white which I adore. She’s very gentle and sweet looking and because of that, I tried to give her a typical ‘old lady’ but yet timeless and classic name of Maisie. I think it suits her loads!

The Papo Salers cow, Flanna is nice too, her russet brown red coat and her long horns really remind me of the Texan Longhorns too, except her horns don’t curve out inn a wide span, they stick straight up from her head and end in slight black tipped hooks. The black tips are a really nice detail too, and she’s got a nice little pink nose which adds to her homeliness.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Atu is my newest bovine, I got him very recently for my birthday and find him a really great unusual sculpt. What I love about him is his gigantic horns- those are enormous! He's also got that really cool ancient sort of cow look, obviously more common in both African countries and South Asia, its the sort of sloping body that comes with a really tall shoulder hump, the hips poking out in severe looking points and the ribs visible all down his sides. They always look kinda...ravaged by hunger, these cows? It's probably really how they carry themselves and where their muscle and meat is on their bodies in comparison to more...Western cows?

Rating: Papo Salers Cow 4/5
Schleich Galloway Cow 5/5
CollectA Ankole Watusi Bull- 4/5
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines  EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 5:31 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines  EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 5:36 pm

Thanks Widukind! ^^
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines  EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 6:21 pm

I put little focus into farm animal figures but, if farm animals had more protagonism in my collection, I'm sure all of these would be in my collection.

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines  EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 6:31 pm

Thanks Roger, I have to say where farm animals go, I think the only ones I have real interest in are the cows...?! ^^
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines  EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 6:39 pm

Some very nice bovines!
I really like the Galloway cow! She looks so fluffy and I like her colouring. I'm super happy that Schleich decided to give her a calf next year.
The Salers cow looks also lovely and I really like the name you gave her!
Atu is very majestic and I like his colouring quite a bit.
All three of them are on my wishlist.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines  EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 6:41 pm

Thanks Katy, I can't wait to see her little calf, I'd say she'll be so sweet like her mother! ^^
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines  EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 6:47 pm

I definitely would say that she is just as sweet as her mother with her black and white belted colouring. Now we need only a black bull to complete the family and colour collection.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines  EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 6:52 pm

Oooh the dad would look amazing too, especially if he's going to have horns
Back to top Go down
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines  EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 8:14 pm

Brandubh94 wrote:
Oooh the dad would look amazing too, especially if he's going to have horns
I am sorry to say that the Galloway is a natural polled breed. They do not have horns  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines  EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 8:17 pm

Oh really?! That's sad, I like the molds with extreme horns
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines  Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Bovines
Page 1 of 1