Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Goats and Sheep

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Goats and Sheep  Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Goats and Sheep    Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Goats and Sheep  EmptyTue Sep 26, 2023 9:32 am

Figure Brand: Papo, Collecta, Schleich

Figure Name(s): Chamois 53017
Barbary Sheep 88683
Goat 13828

Sex: Chamois- female
Barbary Sheep- male
Goat- female

Name: Chamois- Etena – Own name???
Barbary Sheep- Eldren -Own name???
Goat- Daisy

Year Made: Chamois- 2012
Barbary Sheep- 2014
Goat- 2017

Observations/Thoughts:
Generally sweet, nice little goats and sheep figurines from three different brands. I like them a lot and for what they are, they are nicely sculpted. I know goats and sheep tend to be overlooked as creatures, but all the same, it’s nice to see these figurines made so nicely.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My favorite is probably Eldren the Barbary Sheep as his head is bowed downwards giving him a very regal pose. Or indeed grazing on an alpine cliff. I prefer to think of him as being regal and mightily showing off the great set of horns he has, though a head up pose would be cool too as it would show all that neck mane he has. The model himself looks very well with really thick strong shoulders and feet apart, definitely gives the masculine vibe alright.
The other two goats/sheep I have decided are female.

Daisy the goat from Schleich is undoubtedly female because she seems to have a very delicate, feminine look to her and only small horns and if she was a male, she’d be called a billy goat I assume. She has an overall plain standing body pose and plain colouration that’s overall just brown to brown-grey. Her hooves end in a gradual gradient to brown-grey and she has a really cute little ‘beard’ under her chin. Her eyes aren’t an intense yellow like what other goat figurines tend to have, but instead and deeper, darker gold.

The last figurine is Etena the Chamois. I like her too, she’s got the standing pose, with all four hooves on the ground, not very dynamic, but what makes her a bit more interesting is the fact she’s a chamois, I don’t think they get a lot of attention in the animal figurine world? Or at least, models of them tend to be very understated? I like her sweet little face, with her lovely markings of creamy white right through to black, I feel it’s done well. And her little horns with a steep tip on the end. Looking the animal up, they seemed to have got her markings correct, and her horns and overall general look, but her thick shaggy coat definitely doesn’t look as thick on the model?

Rating:
Chamois-4/5
Barbary Sheep 5/5
Goat 4/5
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Goats and Sheep    Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Goats and Sheep  EmptyTue Sep 26, 2023 9:42 pm

I don't have the domestic one but I have the other two models and I love them. I believe the Barbary sheep is made to pair with a similar model like they will start dueling. The chamois is very beautiful despite the static pose, it has Summer coat which is shorter and gets a kind of velvet look. Chamois are often represented like this.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Goats and Sheep    Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Goats and Sheep  EmptyWed Sep 27, 2023 7:40 am

Nice again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Goats and Sheep    Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Goats and Sheep  EmptyWed Sep 27, 2023 7:58 am

Oh yeah, I could see how the Barbary Sheep would pair with another dueling one.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Goats and Sheep    Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Goats and Sheep  EmptyWed Sep 27, 2023 7:59 am

Thanks Widukind
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Goats and Sheep    Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Goats and Sheep  Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Schleich, CollectA and Papo Goats and Sheep
Page 1 of 1