Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Schleich and Mojo Sheep

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Schleich and Mojo Sheep  Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Schleich and Mojo Sheep    Collection Review: Schleich and Mojo Sheep  EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 5:42 pm

Figure Brand: Mojo & Schleich

Figure Name(s): Mojo Black Head Sheep Ram (387081)
Ram (13937)

Sex: Both males

Name: Mojo Black Head Sheep Ram- Adalbert (Anglo-Saxon, Albert- noble, bright, famous)
Schleich Ram - Roderic- (German- glory and ruler or ‘Famous Power.’)

Year Made: Mojo Black Head Sheep Ram- ???
Schleich Ram - 2022

Observations/Thoughts: A pair of sheep models from Schleich and Mojo. This time I’m not sure which I like more, as the two models have their own merits.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The mojo Black Headed Sheep is a little bit chunkier, and he is made from a material that feels more heavy than a Schleich model, it’s also a bit more smooth? The colouration too is a bit more yellow, though I think that might be a colour choice on Mojo’s part as some sheep do have a creamy yellow undertone to their wool. However, looking them up online, they mostly seem to have an all-black, more uniform looking head? Not necessarily patched and speckled like this guy?
He's got a nice tufted looking coat, with an especially thick mane around his neck and curling narrow brown horns, his hooves are also painted in a dark brown black. I called him Adalbert, as I find old Anglo-Saxon and medieval sounding names very fitting for my sheep.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My second ram, Roderic is from Schleich. In my opinion he’s got a nice pose with a sweet little face and with his upturned face I find his entire look to be very gentle and…kinda cuddly? His body is sculpted to have tight, thick woolly curls, with no neck mane, just curls. There’s nothing much else to say about him, he’s just a fine little ram and nice to have as a collection of farm animals, nothing to special but nice to have. His curls are also sculpted to look extra tight and frizzy, like most sheep have their wool. His horns are also chunkier than Adalbert, they curve back but have less sharp points and far thicker ends. Though I find his face a little bit sweeter and cuter looking?
I think I do prefer Adalbert the Mojo Black Head Sheep simply because of his more flowing mane type and his facial blotches etc.

Rating: Mojo Black Head Sheep Ram- 4/5
Schleich Ram – 3/5

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich and Mojo Sheep    Collection Review: Schleich and Mojo Sheep  EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 6:06 pm

Again we agree with the rattings although these two figures are good options and the choice depends of our taste as a collector. Schleich model is the cute style, the one which is made to eat biscuits. Mojo model is more noble, it almost looks like a feral ram. One of the great Mojo models of their initial batch of releases. It is a 2011 figure, the first year of Mojö Fun, it is probably marked 2010. I only do not give 5 stars to the Mojo model because it apparently can't be assigned to a specific breed despite being called black-faced sheep. I'm affraid Schleich model is also a random one.

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich and Mojo Sheep    Collection Review: Schleich and Mojo Sheep  EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 6:08 pm

I agree with you Roger, the Schleich one could be a fluffy toy, but mojo went for a more noble depiction of a realistic animal with their ram, hence my calling him a name that has 'noble' in the meaning.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich and Mojo Sheep    Collection Review: Schleich and Mojo Sheep  EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 7:30 pm

Some nice rams!

I like both models and both of them are on my wishlist! They look nicely done and cuddly. I also really like the names you picked for them.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich and Mojo Sheep    Collection Review: Schleich and Mojo Sheep  EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 7:45 pm

Thank you Katy! I like to call my sheep medieval/Anglo Saxon or Germanic names
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich and Mojo Sheep    Collection Review: Schleich and Mojo Sheep  EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 10:33 am

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich and Mojo Sheep    Collection Review: Schleich and Mojo Sheep  EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 11:04 am

Thanks Widukind!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich and Mojo Sheep    Collection Review: Schleich and Mojo Sheep  Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Schleich and Mojo Sheep
Page 1 of 1