Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Schleich Oryx

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Schleich Oryx Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Schleich Oryx   Collection Review: Schleich Oryx EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 4:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Figure Brand: Schleich
Figure Name(s): Oryx (14759)
Sex: Female
Name: Sable
Year Made: 2016
Observations/Thoughts: A lovely girl, and a lovely figure. I love her horns, and her lovely colouration/body markings which seems to be very realistic with these animals. I call her Sable, because, though she’d not really a sable tone, she reminds me of something from far off, exotic lands, like Saffron too?
Her pose is an ok enough, generic standing there kind of deal, but that by no means takes from her in any way, nothing much else to say about Sable, except she’s a nice little creamy brown Oryx antelope and adds nicely to a collection of ungulates.
Rating: 4/5
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Oryx   Collection Review: Schleich Oryx EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 4:35 pm

A nice antelope figur

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Oryx   Collection Review: Schleich Oryx EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 4:35 pm

Thank you widukind, and yes, she is simple but lovely!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Oryx   Collection Review: Schleich Oryx EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 4:49 pm

Finally a figure that is also part of my collection!
I actually have him as a male and I named him Steven. He is one of my personal favourites in my collection, a very nice model overall. I am planning on getting the Papo Oryx so that she could be his mate (even though she will be probably bigger than him). It would be wonderful if one of the major brands could make an Oryx calf so that I could form a family but let's see...
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Oryx   Collection Review: Schleich Oryx EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 4:53 pm

Hi Katy! Wow, you got the male Oryx?! Bull oryx maybe...? I love his name too(cute that you also name your models)
And I agree, I think we need a full family of these lovely Oryxs.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Oryx   Collection Review: Schleich Oryx EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 5:00 pm

From what I saw the model is genderless and so I decided to have him as a bull in my collection. I hope that I didn't confuse you. He is unfortunately one of the only wildlife figures that has a name but I'm trying to name all of my animals (and not only horses).
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Oryx   Collection Review: Schleich Oryx EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 5:12 pm

Nice...You should try posting him sometime ^^ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Oryx   Collection Review: Schleich Oryx EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 5:17 pm

I would love to. Let's see when I have the time for it.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Oryx   Collection Review: Schleich Oryx EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 11:31 pm

I have and love this figure. The only boring point is that it has the same pose as the previous Schleich gemsbok. The Papo model has a nicer pose but it is noticiably larger. If you want to use this one as a female, maybe the Papo will work. I wished Papo had released a roan antelope instead of a gemsbok since they tend to favour massive creatures.

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Oryx   Collection Review: Schleich Oryx EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 7:04 am

Thanks Roger and yeah, she's very similar alright isn't she? Makes her pose seem a little less interesting too as there's also another with that same pose/Sculpt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Oryx   Collection Review: Schleich Oryx Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Schleich Oryx
Page 1 of 1