Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Schleich Cows

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Schleich Cows  Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Schleich Cows    Collection Review: Schleich Cows  EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:45 pm

Figure Brand: Schleich
Figure Name(s): 2023 Calf (D-73527) + Braunvieh Cow (13874)
Sex: Schleich Calf- Male
Braunvieh Cow- Female

Name: Schleich Calf- Babybel
Braunvieh Cow- Hilda

Year Made:Schleich Calf- 2023
Braunvieh Cow- 2018

Observations/Thoughts:
Lovely pieces, I have a growing number of bovines, and when I seen these in a store together, I had to have them.  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What drew me to little Babybel was his bright splodges. I understand he wouldn’t be to everyone’s tastes because of his non-realistic coat patterns, but as I’m always on the look out for unusual figure sculpts, I think he’s perfect. He’s a bit of summertime fun, he doesn’t have to be realistic. His pose is a generic calf, standing pose, but that’s ok, it’s the unusual paint splodge pattern they were going for. I called him Babybel, because as he’s a calf, I wanted to go with the milk and dairy theme, I was thinking of a cheese brand called Babybel, so it stuck with him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hilda the Braunvieh cow is a nice sculpt too, what drew me to her was he lovely dark grey colour (you don’t see that often with cow figures) apart from maybe…a jersey cow, I dunno…and the added bell around her neck. THAT is adorable! Again, not everyone likes added details like that with their figurines and I understand that, but it was the added bell around her neck that drew me. It in itself is really well detailed, with a belt buckle and all. Again, she’s just the generic standing pose, but that doesn’t really put me off with her now, the neck bell and the colour of her coat drew me. I called her Hilda because I was thinking of something somewhat inland European, so Hilda seems to suit her.

Rating: Babybel the Schleich Calf- 4/5
Hilda the Braunvieh Cow- 3/5
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Cows    Collection Review: Schleich Cows  EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 7:24 pm

Hilda is super nice! I love bovines. I still have too few of them in my collection. Her coat colour is lovely and I do like the bell quite a bit as well. The name suits her well.

Babybel... is not my cup of tea. It's not that he has an unrealistic colouring. I love fantasy creatures but this is a clear no for me. The colours do not match at all and the white colouring makes his face look bland. I like his original Holsteiner version much better. The name suits him though.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Cows    Collection Review: Schleich Cows  EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 9:02 pm

Thank you Katy and yeah, I love Hilda with her bell and as for BabyBEL 😅 I completely understand why he's not everyones cup of tea!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Cows    Collection Review: Schleich Cows  EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 11:09 pm

I usually don't like accessories on figures but a bell in a cow always work, especially if it is removable. If it was a bell in one of my anteaters, I would hate it. Laughing

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Cows    Collection Review: Schleich Cows  EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 7:58 am

That's really funny to me Roger, imagining a random animal like an anteater with a bell on him! XD
It definitely works for a cow because, yknow, bells might be put on them alright, but funny that, I really don't like horse figurines with added tacks, saddles etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Cows    Collection Review: Schleich Cows  Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Schleich Cows
Page 1 of 1