Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Schleich Horses

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Schleich Horses  Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 10:47 am

Figure Brand: Schleich

Figure Name(s): Connemara Pony Mare (13863)
Icelandic Stallion (13943)
Paso Peruano Stallion (13959)

Sex: One mare and two stallions

Name: Connemara Pony- Realtín- Irish for ‘Little Star’
Sigmund (Germanic- Fierce Protector)
Dyani- (Deer Like- Sioux)

Year Made: Connemara Pony Mare- ???
Icelandic Stallion- 2022
Paso Peruano Stallion- 2023

Observations/Thoughts:
Nice little horse models from Schleich. As horse models go, I think Schleich really do them justice, and seem to be on top of their game when it comes to equines.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My newest horse is Realtín, my Connemara pony mare, and though I’m very proud of her, I’d like her to be a creamy white in colour as that tends to be the colour Connemara ponies are most associated with white/cream coat patterns, even though they can also be dun and light brown to buckskin. She also has a pink roses in her mane and braid type sculpts in her tail. Mostly, I do like these types of decorations, or at least I don’t mind them, but I think in Realtín’s model, it’s not quiet right? If they were going to put flowers on her, I’d prefer them not to be…roses? I’d prefer them to be little alpine wildflowers, similar to the types seen on the harsh plains these horses inhabit.

Sigmund is my Icelandic Stallion. He seems to be a sturdy little pony breed in real life and Schleich does a decent job at capturing this. His pose is certainly dynamic, with one foreleg placed forward and his mane billowing in the breeze, I like the look of his thick flowing mane, and his nice lovely brown colour.

My second favourite of the models is Dyani the Paso Peruano Stallion. He’s a darker brown than the other two equines, a deep rich brown which is one of my favourite colours horse sculpts come in. Unusually though, Dyani has a really light golden yellow mane and tail which is really cool. It’s a bit unusual that the mane and tail don’t match up to the horse’s coat pattern, but it is very nice and unusual. His pose is also a very nice, elegant one, with the front leg raised slightly, a bit like some kind of dressage etc. His head is also facing downwards, tucked in towards his neck and his face has a beautiful face with a long flowing fringe over his forehead. Probably the sweetest and kindest horse of the trio!

Rating: Connemara Pony Mare- 4/5
Icelandic Stallion 3/5
Paso Peruano Stallion – 4/5
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 5:16 pm

Some more horses!
I probably have already said everything about the Connemara pony already. She is definitely a cute model and I would agree that different flowers might have suit her better.
The Icelandic stallion is a fine model in my opinion but I have practically the same problem with him as with the Connemara mare. His coat colour looks just not really nice to me. He is pretty shiny, orange and for some reason Schleich gave him a dorsal stripe which makes his coat colour belong to Schleich's beloved fantasy coat colours.
That's why I won't get this version but the one of the little stable set that came out this year. The stable one is a proper bay dun (or even a dunskin?), a coat colour I like way more than this one.
The Peruvian Paso stallion is definitely my favourite of this batch. He was my second favourite stallion from this year's lineup and I just love his coat colour. Generally I like horses that have a huge contrast between their mane/tail colour and body colouring so I was pretty excited when I saw his product pictures. His pose is also lovely and he kind of reminds me of the PRE stallion with it. And I love the name Dyani! Mine will be named after a flower, once I get him as he is definitely on my wishlist.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 6:23 pm

Thank you Katy, now that you mention it the Icelandic stallion looks fairly orange to me too which isn't great in horse models and I'd have loved Realtín the Connemara pony to have been white. I agree with the horses with hugely contrasting manes, they are very distinctive and eye-catching looking.
Back to top Go down
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 4:55 pm

There is an exclusive version of the Connemara pony mare in white. It's in set 42467. She isn't quite a cream color, but I think that she looks way better in her exclusive color.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGmpQ1jSAGOKIAO2OggjmMA
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 5:31 pm

Thanks Ponies and Paint, I'll have to search her up there now and compare the model
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 6:33 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 7:23 pm

Thanks Widukind
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Schleich Horses
Page 1 of 1